X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I love the comment on the California story about this allowing some pervert to put on a dress, walk into the girl's room and rape some preteen. What exactly is stopping them from doing that now? The bathroom police?
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I love the comment on the California story about this allowing some pervert to put on a dress, walk into the girl's room and rape some preteen. What exactly is stopping them from doing that now? The bathroom police?
      Clearly armed guards are necessary to keep this rampant problem in check!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        How about the creation of the future of the country? Or if this becomes a New World Order thing, the entire human species?
        Ridiculous on so many fronts.

1. The human race is in *no* danger of wiping itself out by underbreeding
        2. Allowing gay marriage has no effect on the number of hetero marriages - there's not a finite supply of marriage licenses (like doe tags), so anyone who wants one can get one
        3. I don't recall signing a pledge to procreate as a condition of my hetero marriage
        4. If anything, gay marriage will increase the total number of marriages in the country and therefore INCREASE the number of births (as more married couples opt for in vitro, surrogates, etc) , not decrease it.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Subscribed because... duh
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

2. Allowing gay marriage has no effect on the number of hetero marriages - there's not a finite supply of marriage licenses (like doe tags), so anyone who wants one can get one
            3. I don't recall signing a pledge to procreate as a condition of my hetero marriage

4. If anything, gay marriage will increase the total number of marriages in the country and therefore INCREASE the number of births (as more married couples opt for in vitro, surrogates, etc) , not decrease it.
            Ha- We got married in the Catholic Church and you had to sign something to have kids and raise them in "the church". Thankfully it did not say RC church so I did not break my word. Horrifying to the in-laws~ we are heretical Lutherans.
            Last edited by leswp1; 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Ha- We got married in the Catholic Church and you had to sign something to have kids and raise them in "the church". Thankfully it did not say RC church so I did not break my word. Horrifying to the in-laws~ we are heretical Lutherans.
              Ah, yes. The Catholics: not nearly enough starving children in the world yet, so get busy!

(obviously I was referring to the civil side, where the government does not consider procreation intent or ability for hetero marriages)

Comment

tell that to Europe!
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Ah, a Lutheran. That explains it!

Actually my in-laws are Lutheran, and we enjoy going to their services every so often.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    tell that to Europe!
                    I've seen no projections that show the population of Europe declining to zero. Have you?

Declining populations are not a problem - provided that your social institutions aren't based on pyramid schemes which require perpetual popluation increases in order to maintain financial stability. Oh, wait...

Comment

I've seen no projections that show the population of Europe declining to zero. Have you?

Declining populations are not a problem - provided that your social institutions aren't based on pyramid schemes which require perpetual popluation increases in order to maintain financial stability. Oh, wait...
                      This is a demographic reality in Europe, where the native birth rate in most if not all European countries is not enough to maintain existing population levels. In some countries it's quite dramatic. I've read a number of articles about this in Russia over the years. Immigration is the only thing keeping European countries from showing significant population declines.

And yes, of course nobody expects Russia or Germany or the UK to have zero population. Good one!
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Declining to zero? That would take a plague, mega disaster, or a war of extermination.

However, white Europe is not birthing at a replacement rate. Nature does not like a vacuum and something/one will happen to replace the whites. Sooner or later white Europe will be a minority.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Declining to zero? That would take a plague, mega disaster, or a war of extermination.

However, white Europe is not birthing at a replacement rate. Nature does not like a vacuum and something/one will happen to replace the whites. Sooner or later white Europe will be a minority.
                          Flagdude raised the original point that we need to keep gay marriage illegal in order to magically keep the birth rates up (how does that work?) and enable "creation of the future of the country." The only scenario where there is *no* future of the US is where the population of the entire planet declines to zero. As long as the world population keeps increasing (and it will), there will be plenty of huddled masses eager to keep the US population at whatever level is deemed ideal by Those Who Know Best.

It's cute that you and Bob think the European demographics are news to someone who lived in Europe for 6 years. So what? Somehow we switched from talking about the US being left to die on the vine with NO future at all because of gay marriage, over to talking about a modest decline of the "right" (er, white) type of European population. Yeah, that follows.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

White Europe?

Comment

Flagdude raised the original point that we need to keep gay marriage illegal in order to magically keep the birth rates up (how does that work?) and enable "creation of the future of the country." The only scenario where there is *no* future of the US is where the population of the entire planet declines to zero. As long as the world population keeps increasing (and it will), there will be plenty of huddled masses eager to keep the US population at whatever level is deemed ideal by Those Who Know Best.

It's cute that you and Bob think the European demographics are news to someone who lived in Europe for 6 years. So what? Somehow we switched from talking about the US being left to die on the vine with NO future at all because of gay marriage, over to talking about a modest decline of the "right" (er, white) type of European population. Yeah, that follows.
                              Your trying to argue a silly extreme case that nobody is talking about. I suggest dialing it back a bit.

If you can't see the possible correlation between fact of the demographic decline in Europe and the possibility that the U.S. could at least theoreticaly have something similar happen, then, ah, I'd suggest not weighing in on things like this. It's a pretty obvious and simple point. But, hey, I know a lot of folks like to argue about anything around here, so no expectations on my part.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

White Europe?
                                I think that's short for the traditional ethnic group(s) contained in much if not all of Europe. Which I'm sure you knew already.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X