This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

PS. All you hoohas who don't think it was a bad opinion all answered but did anyone who believes this is a bad opinion ever answer my question? What about the opinion is anti- religion?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      You don't see the difference? I sure do. The difference is one is Constitutional and the other is not.
      I thought the constitution was a living document and therefore changes with time? I've heard that said over and over lately by certain powers in DC.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Kind of absurd in a way that people feel compelled to have an opinion about every issue. I'm not opposed to same sex marriage, neither am I in favor of it. It's not really my business one way or the other. heterosexual marriage is in big trouble and i'd rather see energy and education directed toward strengthening the institution of the family, however it is constituted.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          And then the queers were made, and it was FABULOUS!!!, and the evening and the morning were the 8th day.

Man it is too bad Jesus hates queers...I mean they could have totally fixed up his cave and color coordinated the Raptor he rode around on
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nice to see people are so level-headed about this.

Fallout from the Supreme Court's DOMA ruling has been on display on the floor of the Pennsylvania House, where on Thursday an openly gay state representative asked colleagues to reprimand a member who had prevented him from speaking about the case.

Rep. Brian Sims, a Philadelphia Democrat, had attempted to address the House on Wednesday under "unanimous consent," but at least one member objected.

On Thursday, Sims, the first openly gay member elected to the House, stood under a different parliamentary rule to read from an interview Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, the conservative Republican from Cranberry, had given about the episode.

"I did not believe that as a member of that body that I should allow someone to make comments such as he was preparing to make that ultimately were just open rebellion against what the word of God has said, what God has said, and just open rebellion against God's law," Metcalfe had told WHYY of Philadelphia.

Comment

• Why is it that whenever some politician claims to know the will of God, 99% of the time they're a conservative Republican? The arrogance of these people is stunning.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

You left out the best line from the article.

"For me to alllow him to say things that I believe are open rebellion against God are for me to participate in his open rebellion," he told the AP. "There's no free speech on the floor."
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  While I feel they should bake the cake an easy answer is if gay marriage is legal in the state then they can't refuse the customer's request but if it isn't I suppose they can. Mind you I'm not a lawyer. I don't like playing those games though because I'm not sure where you draw the line.
                  There would probably have to be a statute in the state, similar to this one. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=363a.17
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Oh look, ability to create a civil union isn't enough, now they want vindication and to persecute the heterosexual. The cycle starts all over again.

Comment

Classic politician being petty. Because "God's law" is how the United States of America is run.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        You left out the best line from the article.
                        Well, there probably isn't free speech allowed on the House floor within PA. If theirs is set up similar to those in other states, or the US House of Reps, anything said on the floor requires a process.

While this Metcalf guy strikes me as the Christian version of those Muslims that push for Sharia law, the little bits in that article appear to be Metcalf making correct use of PA House procedure for, IMO, the wrong reasons.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Well, there probably isn't free speech allowed on the House floor within PA. If theirs is set up similar to those in other states, or the US House of Reps, anything said on the floor requires a process.

While this Metcalf guy strikes me as the Christian version of those Muslims that push for Sharia law, the little bits in that article appear to be Metcalf making correct use of PA House procedure for, IMO, the wrong reasons.
                          Even then, as much as one person's free speech is protected by the 1st amendment, his speech is protected from being trumped by the 9th amendment.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Oh look, ability to create a civil union isn't enough, now they want vindication and to persecute the heterosexual.
                            Kindly post some instances of this nonsense you write about in your comments above.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Kindly post some instances of this nonsense you write about in your comments above.
                              I'd love to see one. I'm giving 20-1 that he can't find any.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

How about the demand for reprimand?

Comment

Working...
                                X