X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just what IS "marriage" anyway?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    SO the Boy Scouts just said yes to kids but not adults. Kind of weird, mixed message. Are they saying that they train kids to be leaders, help them grow as people but when they hit the end of puberty it wears off and they are stupid? All I can think of is the Star Trek episode that the kids are all normal until puberty when they turn into weird and dangerous Grups.

This is a job for... WESTBORO BAPTIST!
    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

SO the Boy Scouts just said yes to kids but not adults. Kind of weird, mixed message. Are they saying that they train kids to be leaders, help them grow as people but when they hit the end of puberty it wears off and they are stupid? All I can think of is the Star Trek episode that the kids are all normal until puberty when they turn into weird and dangerous Grups.
      Probably has a lot to do with the homophobic idea that all gay men are pedophiles.
      Old Monster Records

Comment

Hey, baby steps are better than no steps.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Hey, baby steps are better than no steps.
          I get that, but the logic completely defies me. If you are letting these kids progress through the ranks the organization says they have learned the right stuff to move up. Do you unlearn that? Does the organization, which prides itself on building character, think they are doing a poor job training them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
            Probably has a lot to do with the homophobic idea that all gay men are pedophiles.
            **** you Rimbaud. Beat me to it again
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I get that, but the logic completely defies me. If you are letting these kids progress through the ranks the organization says they have learned the right stuff to move up. Do you unlearn that? Does the organization, which prides itself on building character, think they are doing a poor job training them?
              I do not think logic is a strong suit of those who discriminate against homosexuals. If anything, I think homosexual individuals who grew up in this country would be the best at teaching children how to build character. In my experience, for all the **** they are put through, they are among the strongest people I know.
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                I do not think logic is a strong suit of those who discriminate against homosexuals. If anything, I think homosexual individuals who grew up in this country would be the best at teaching children how to build character. In my experience, for all the **** they are put through, they are among the strongest people I know.
                Well put.

Comment

Once again, the government sticking its nose into private organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Once again, the government sticking its nose into private organizations.
                    What the f did the government have to do with it???
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                      What the f did the government have to do with it???
                      I assumed he was talking about the Star Trek episode.

Comment

Understandable, yet regrettable that the Boy Scouts crumble under the extreme pressure they were put under. But such is what America has become. I'm sure they'll cave the rest of the way soon, as those pushing these agendas brook no disagreement with their views.
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                          Understandable, yet regrettable that the Boy Scouts crumble under the extreme pressure they were put under. But such is what America has become. I'm sure they'll cave the rest of the way soon, as those pushing these agendas brook no disagreement with their views.
                          Regrettable? Why is this regrettable?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Regrettable? Why is this regrettable?
                            If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand. Plus, I know from past conversations you know exactly what I mean. You're just trying to pick a fight. No thanks. Been there, done that around here. No point to doing it over again.

I expect to see the Scouts decline from here on out. Just like the mainline denominational churches that went PC and endorsed the trendy social agendas of the day and they've been in decline every since. In the Scouts case, the math is even more compelling. 70 percent of Scout troops are sponsored by churches, with large chunks sponsored by folks like the Southern Baptists, Catholics, and Mormons. But, as is always the case in this sort of push of an agenda, the kids are the ones that will lose out.
                            Last edited by Bob Gray; 05-24-2013, 09:38 AM.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              I expect to see the Scouts decline from here on out. Just like the mainline denominational churches that went PC and endorsed the trendy social agendas of the day and they've been in decline every since.
                              Yeah, just like the military declined when they kept pace with societal changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Yeah, just like the military declined when they kept pace with societal changes.
                                Uh, yah, very comparable.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X