Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    You guys crack me up. I thought the education in Minnesota was supposed to be good. Good enough to read part of the post anyway I guess. If you can point out to me how I said it was all about the officials without mention of any problems by the Packers then you'll get my full written apology. I'd now crack you but I'm laughing to hard at you right now to do so. Sorry if I'm not taking the bait.
    I'll let Slap Shot answer that for me...

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I'm mostly having some fun with you, but to be clear the officiating wouldn't be key were it not to play a major part in the game. Here's a novel concept - perhaps GB was called for more penalties because the Vikings DL beat the crap out of the GB OL?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I'm mostly having some fun with you, but to be clear the officiating wouldn't be key were it not to play a major part in the game. Here's a novel concept - perhaps GB was called for more penalties because the Vikings DL beat the crap out of the GB OL?
      That had an impact. That didn't explain some shoddy spots, secondary penalties, and missed holds when the Vikings had the ball, but it no doubt had impact.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I'll let Slap Shot answer that for me...
        Slap Shot's good people. That and my surprisingly mellow mood are keeping it light-hearted. Thanks for doing the same.

EDIT - Good night fellas. Enjoy the win.
        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Slap Shot's good people.
          For a Gopher fan anyway...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm just too mellow to throw the crackback on you. I'll just ask you to please quote the entire post next time if you are going to try and crack me. I know you can do better. I've seen it. Did the officials cost the Packers the game? No. Did they officiate it objectively? No. 2 different issues.
            Welcome to the world the Vikings fans lived in when you had Favre...the officials have always sided with his team (see also: Brady, Tom) especially at home. The rest of the league isnt going to shed tears for you because you have to now experience the same crap we did.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Welcome to the world the Vikings fans lived in when you had Favre...the officials have always sided with his team (see also: Brady, Tom) especially at home. The rest of the league isnt going to shed tears for you because you have to now experience the same crap we did.
              In reference to (see: Brady, Tom), you only have to look at the roughing the passer penalty this week to fully understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                Well. There was no pressure on the Packers for this one. It was up to the Vikings to hold serve.
                Perhaps, but consider the Packers knew a loss would put them 2 back of the Vikings, one back of the Bears, and the way many Packers players were talking they needed this one not only for Rogers but because of Favre being in purple. Not to mention Favre has already established his legacy while Rogers has yet to win a game of any significance. I'd say the pressure was fairly even both ways, although it's not a major point of contention.

btw don't let my comments convey a feeling of "I'm a Favre guy". I've accepted him being here, hope he does well and helps the team (which I do believe are his true intentions), but it's still bizarre as hell.

That will change in a few weeks. Hopefully the wear down will start for the old man by then so we get to enjoy part of it in person and not just wait for late December and the playoffs.
                Hopefully not, on the flip side if Favre stays in the lineup GB better get their OL in order or the game at Lambeau may not mean as much as it looked like it would.

Comment

Nice to see that you guys are taking it all (relatively) lightly.

I'm still livid.

Mrs. EoDS had to calm me down several times last night because I was getting so angry with what I was watching that I was scaring the cat and the dog.

Granted, I'm still really ticked off, but everyone gets an F in my book. EVERYONE. A payroll of $110 million? They should pay us that much money for having to watch this team.

That's the worst offenSIEVE line I've ever seen in the pro game. A-Rodge may be cool as a cucumber and full of class, but that doesn't mean that he isn't going to make a dozen mistakes in a game where you give the defense a free pass to his pocket.

While I'll give credit to Rodgers for making the most of the turd sandwich his teammates were giving him (and so does that one bastard at ESPN), he still gets his share of the blame for throwing the ball away no more than three times the whole game. Hold an open audition for those starting spots on the O-Line. I don't care if you end up with a rookie or Scanner Dan in a starting spot, you can't get worse than what's out there.

What's with this defense? Dom Capers was supposed to introduce us to the wonderful world of the unpredictable blitzing packages, and we can't put any pressure on He Who Must Not Be Named? How many passing downs did we only rush three? Capers played prevent defense from the beginning of the game. Favre had that game on a silver platter. Sage Rosenfels could have won that game with what we were showing the Vikings.

And now its going to be a whole month of meely mouthed *******es whining about the Favre trade and listening to Favre-first fans run their mouth. And I have to be at a wedding in Minnesota on the 24th. And the Bride, and her whole family, are die hard Vikings fans. They may be dear old friends of my family, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a long weekend of bull**** to deal with, and there's nothing I can do about it. Isn't that just ****ing great?

Now, if you would excuse me, I need to get back to making pipe bombs that I can throw at whomever tossed that game-altering pass interference call on Woodson.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    And now its going to be a whole month of meely mouthed *******es whining about the Favre trade and listening to Favre-first fans run their mouth. And I have to be at a wedding in Minnesota on the 24th. And the Bride, and her whole family, are die hard Vikings fans. They may be dear old friends of my family, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a long weekend of bull**** to deal with, and there's nothing I can do about it. Isn't that just ****ing great?
                    Yes.

Whether it was PI on Woodson or not doesn't matter as the Packers were also offsides on that play.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Well this is about the dumbest thing you've ever posted...
                      And that's saying something!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        In reference to (see: Brady, Tom), you only have to look at the roughing the passer penalty this week to fully understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU
                        Strange how you two were eerily quiet when Trent Edwards got the same calls a month ago.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Strange how you two were eerily quiet when Trent Edwards got the same calls a month ago.
                          Surprisingly, I haven't seen that play. Find a clip of it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Now, if you would excuse me, I need to get back to making pipe bombs that I can throw at whomever tossed that game-altering pass interference call on Woodson.
                            I could not let this one go. You can complain about that call all you want, and I think it was a bad call, but everyone keeps forgetting the offsides call. The offsides was declined because of the pass interference call. So even if they hadn't made that call, the Packers still would not have gotten the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott W View Post
                              I could not let this one go. You can complain about that call all you want, and I think it was a bad call, but everyone keeps forgetting the offsides call. The offsides was declined because of the pass interference call. So even if they hadn't made that call, the Packers still would not have gotten the ball.
                              Correct. Everyone seems to be forgetting that. The offsides made it a free play for Minnesota, no matter what.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Surprisingly, I haven't seen that play. Find a clip of it.
                                I'll try, but the Pats were called for two roughing the passer calls on the Monday Night Football. Unless the refs were confused and thought Trent Edwards was Tom Brady, it would appear that this rule sucks across the board...

I just find it amusing how everyone assumes that the Pats are the Lakers of the NFL. Phil Jackson is MUCH more entertaining than our coach and Brady hasn't been caught in a Denver hotel room. Yet.
                                Last edited by Jon; 10-06-2009, 09:05 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X