Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    I couldn't be any more sick of the way the NFL has these guys call illegal contact. I notice it in other games, although it doesn't get me quite as ornery as when it hurts the Packers. Most of the time I blame the way it is mandated from the top, although this particular example was horrible officiating.
    Even more frustrating when you consider that the Bears should have been called for illegal formation instead. Not that it should matter, because that was a call you'd expect to see in a basketball game. It's because of calls like that that wide recievers turn into raging sissies.

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    Finally Rodgers can start to get the monkey off his back. That took shotput size stones by McCarthy to make that call on 3rd and 1. When you take it to 4th down so many bad things can happen. I'm just happy they didn't take the ball out of Rodgers' hands and expect Crosby to make some ridiculously long field goal for the win like they did a few too many times last season. If this doesn't prove defense is over half attitude and mindset I don't know what will. With the exception of some snaps from Matthews, this was exactly the same group of personnel who played an entirely different scheme last season and would get slowly picked appart instead of being the aggressor.
    The whole "Rodgers can't win late" thing was completely overblown anyway, for reasons that are obvious to anyone who, you know, actually watches and understands football games.

It was really rough watching our offensive line give up so much ground last night, especially Barbre. Rodgers was not well protected, and Grant was left to make his own holes too frequently. Other than that, I thought it was a well played game by the Pack. The defense is becoming something that I'm really enjoying to watch. I like our ability to play quality man coverage so that we still have some responsibility during some of our crazier blitzing schemes. A little tweeking on the offense, and this will certainly be a strong team to watch.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      The whole "Rodgers can't win late" thing was completely overblown anyway, for reasons that are obvious to anyone who, you know, actually watches and understands football games.
      Couldn't agree more. I'm just happy for national perception change. He had come back in the last half of the 4th quarter to give them the lead or tie several times or at least put them in the position to do so only to see something else go wrong with defense or special teams. At Minnesota, at Chicago, and home against Carolina all come immediately to mind.

I'll be interested to see how Barbre responds and how the team responds schematically to his awful effort. Making the TEs blockers on every play isn't the answer. It really could lead to more of the blizting between the 3 gaps like we saw last night if the TEs need to stay wide to help on the outside. That was one adjustment we saw at times last night was motioning the TE into the middle to help pick up blitzers inside.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Jay Cutler is a whiny baby. We're going to sack him 6 times on Sunday. 8 if he forgets to remove his tampon.

meh, I'll take 4 INT's too.
        Originally posted by solovsfett
        To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Ochocinco says TD against Packers will lead to 'Lambeau Leap'
          GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Attention, Packers fans: Chad Ochocinco could be headed for a grandstand near you.

The Cincinnati Bengals' wide receiver says he'll do a celebratory "Lambeau Leap" into the end-zone seats if he scores in Sunday's game at Lambeau Field.

"I'm looking for the Cheeseheads to embrace 'Ocho,'" he said Wednesday on a conference call with reporters who cover the Packers.

Ochocinco recalled receiving an "embrace" from Cleveland fans when he jumped into the Browns' "Dawg Pound" fan section -- perhaps blocking out the shower of beer and derision that also rained down on him.

How would he be received by Packers fans?

"I'm not sure," Ochocinco said. "If they're going to accept one individual out of all the NFL teams to embrace if he got into the stands, I think I should be that one."

And Ochocinco said if he did do a Lambeau Leap, it wouldn't be a sign of disrespect.

"I'm no harm," Ochocinco said. "It's all fun, it's all entertainment. It's really a challenge from myself for that defense and that secondary to stop me from doing what I'm coming in there to do, and that's to do everything I can to give us a 'W.'"
          Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

So what's the appropriate reaction to that, if that headcase actually does it?

Do you flat out reject him, as violently as possible, where he gets shoved hard as he jumps up? Do you dump beer on him, or is that a waste of good beer? Do you catch him, then carry him into the stands and try to break his fingers and stomp on him before depositing him back on the field? Do you body surf him to the top and toss him over the ledge at the top of the south end zone stands? Tazer?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Punch him in the face and knock out his gold teeth. Packer fans are in dire need of teeth.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I think the Ochocinco thing is hilarious. He's being so nice about it I'd probably be civil to him if I was down in the end zone.

Comment

I got no problem with the Ocho. I'd accept him in the stands, rip off his OchoCinco jersey and put a C. Johnson 85 jersey on him, thus forcing the officials to throw an unsportsmanklike penalty on the Ocho for not having a correct uniform and thereby forcing the Bengals to kickoff from the 15.

Although I gotta admit, I like the body surfing idea.

Comment

Not shocking.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/59684842.html

League says call against Harris bad
                    By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Green Bay — Packers cornerback Al Harris' illegal contact penalty should not have been a penalty at all, according to the NFL.

Mike Pereira, vice president of officiating, exonerated Harris for a penalty that kept alive Chicago's go-ahead drive late in the fourth quarter, saying that Harris was within the 5-yard bump zone when he made contact with receiver DevinHester at the Chicago 45.

"We don't want this for illegal contact, period, because it's at 5 yards," Pereira said in the NFL's weekly official review. "That contact, which is pretty easy to recognize in terms of the ball being snapped at the 40, he can make that contact at 5 yards and that's still legal.

"Sometimes it's tough for that official to make that call 20 yards downfield, but that's too technical to call."

Defensive coordinator Dom Capers said he felt the same way as Pereira when he saw the play on video the day after the game.

"I thought it was at such a critical time in the game," Capers said. "It didn't affect the play and it enabled them to continue the drive at a critical point in the game. We know where the zone is where we're able to contact them. We'll disguise and try to move to it late. I was surprised when I saw the flag come out."
                    I'd add that Chris Collinsworth's comments at the time were potentially correct, in my view. He noted in the instant replay that Hester wasn't even on the line, so Chicago should have been called for illegal formation. But, que sera sera. We won anyway, and that has nothing to do with this week's game.

Also from that article is the current injury report:

Injury report: Guard Daryn Colledge (foot) was the only addition to the injury report for the Packers. Running back Brandon Jackson (ankle) and safety Atari Bigby (knee) both missed practice and won't play this week.

For the Bengals, cornerback David Jones (foot), guard Nate Livings (knee), quarterback Jordan Palmer (illness) and tackle Andre Smith did not practice. Running back Brian Leonard (chest) was a limited participant.
                    Blackmon will be in the lineup this week.

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                      Weak... he did it, but jumped into a row of 4 bengal fans. Although the guy leaning over and flipping the bird into the camera was a nice touch, can't believe CBS not only didnt censor that, but REPLAYED it before commercial. If we lose this game, ESPN is going to lead with that *******.
                      Originally posted by solovsfett
                      To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                        Weak... he did it, but jumped into a row of 4 bengal fans. Although the guy leaning over and flipping the bird into the camera was a nice touch, can't believe CBS not only didnt censor that, but REPLAYED it before commercial. If we lose this game, ESPN is going to lead with that *******.
                        It looked like he wanted to jump into Packer fans but they told him to suck it or something, so he went over to the corner and the Bengal fans.
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Soft. Sloppy. Mentally weak. Worst loss in the recent history of this franchise. Embarassing. Everybody not named Charles Woodson who shows up to take a paycheck on Tuesday should be arrested for stealing.
                          That is all I feel like saying about these guys for now.

Comment

It's a good thing the Packers weren't all set on that play because that snap was off before the clock hit :00.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              It's a good thing the Packers weren't all set on that play because that snap was off before the clock hit :00.
                              I have no idea how they came to the conclusion the clock was at :00 before the snap. I know that sometimes the clock on the TV graphic is behind, but today it did not seem like it was.

Either way, either go for the sideline or go for the endzone. It's almost impossible to get another play off in that situation if you go to the middle of the field.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Thank Parise for national prognosticators.

Comment

Working...
                                X