2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

So, are they going back to the GREEN BAY and PACKERS endzones? I remember two years ago they had it like that for the preseason, but then switched to slashes. I'm hoping they switch to slashes again, if not for the look than for the fact that Madden won't be screwed up this whole season.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      And its pretty amusing to see people who have absolutely no bearing on how Packer fans are reacting to Favre have such strong opinions about the matter.
      I know that Packer fans rarely voice their opinions about other teams' fans and when they do it's always spot on.

Comment

And there's basically nothing you can say to people who think that way to convince them otherwise. Which is a shame, considering that the facts are absolutely against any of the "Thompson had an agenda" conspiracy theorists.

Putting up with people who pretend that vocal displeasure with Favre is entirely new to our fanbase as of either last week or the Jets trade will become equally difficult. Walking away just might be the best solution there, as well.
        I started saying TT was aiming to push Favre out years before Favre retired the first time, let alone before Favre came out and said he felt he was pushed out. I'm just as befuddled by you "there's no way Ted 'we have had no contact with Favre or his people' Thompson could do any thing dishonest or underhanded idiots as you are by us idiots.
        Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/546456...4&pid=54645612

Still surprised to see Ted Thompson's number so high. Then again, it is an internet poll.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Not sure how many people stayed up for the entire game. I had to because of work(we broadcast all preseason games on the TV station I work for). And I have three things to say about this game. First, the starting offense and defense do look incredible. I know, I know, preseason, playing the Browns and Bills, blah blah blah. These units, right now, look amazing. After seeing how they were clicking tonight, I am convinced that this team would have put up 50, 55 points tonight. They were that on, and, save for a couple big runs, the D looked great again. A few more turnovers, and increased pressure on the QB. And this is without the starting middle linebacker. Second, heaven help us should anything happen to a starter. The second/third string units look simply pathetic tonight. I am talking horrible. The score at the half was 38-10. The final was 44-38. They made Matt Leinart look like Elway 2.0. And I am fully convinced that I am a more capable 3rd String QB than Brian Brohm. I mean, in the game played this morning, I threw for 5 TD and no picks. And third, tonight's 2 minute warning occurred at roughly 11:55 central time. We start our newscast one minute after they wrap up the game coverage, which, using the formula of taking the time remaining in the game, multiply it by 3(which is actually pretty reliable....try it sometime), would put the end of the game at around 12:01. Usually about a minute for wrap up, then the minute before our news, would equate to a start time of 12:03. We did not start our news until nearly 12:25. The final 2 minutes of the game seriously took about half an hour. A couple scores, a couple booth replays, and two botched 2 point conversions. Half an hour. Arizona scored to make it 38-31, and recovered the onside kick. Drive down the field, and with :45 left, score to make it 38-37, and go for 2. Don't get it. So all the Pack have to do is fall on the onside kick, and kneel down a couple times. What do they do? Return the onside kick for a TD. On the PAT, they get it blocked, but AZ is offside. Retry, right? Oh no. McCarthy calls timeout, and they go for 2. Do not get it, so it is a 7 point game, 44-37. Arizona gets as far as the GB 30 and the game ends with a kneel down. I would have welcomed the last :30 of a tight basketball game compared to this crap!
            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
              Not sure how many people stayed up for the entire game. I had to because of work(we broadcast all preseason games on the TV station I work for). And I have three things to say about this game. First, the starting offense and defense do look incredible.
              I watched the game twice. Don't ask why, but I did. I was thrilled with the play of the first units the first time. Second time I was scared. The first team offense looked good. Except that the running game was really never challenged. The defense looked good...and I expect them to win every game that they force 3 turnovers and score a defensive td in the first half. The problem is that the defense didn't look very good against the run and they forced one punt against a team without it's number 2 and 3 receivers; and boldin and breaston are respectively excellent as a 2 and a 3. Ignore the turnovers and AZ moved the ball at will. Rodgers should have been picked on the first and probably on another first half drive.That's a game where the Pack gets crushed if the breaks go the other way in the regular season. Maybe I'm just looking for excuses to temper my high expectations.
              Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

I hadn't opened this thread in about 2 weeks. Looks like I didn't miss a ton. As far as the former Green Bay QB who tends to garner a lot of press goes, my biggest emotion is sadness. He will have his moments along the way, but it's obvious his body won't hold up. I just wish Irv was still alive so he could have provided the assistance he needed to help him go out with grace and dignity. He would never have let this farce go on. None of the yahoos in his inner circle give a crap about anything other than lapping up the gravy. They don't care about Brett's well-being. And to think all Brett needed to do to avoid being the villan was say he wasn't ready to make a decision. Then the Packers would have been the bad guys if they made a decision to push him out if they wanted to move on as is alleged by some. This is certainly is up for debate, but what some call "pushing him out" I call "trying to repeal ridiculous special rules." His loyals forget he retired. It then put the ball in the Packers' court on whether they wanted to re-enter the world of his drama. They correctly declined. It won't happen, but I'd love to see him greeted with apathy if he's still in once piece when the Vikings visit Lambeau in November. With his attention addiction it would kill him much worse than any booing.

Enough about mediocre broken down QBs for other teams. On to those who really matter. Those who I converse with often know I tend not to overstate things in these threads. The big thing I came to say is if ARodg stays healthy I see no way this team doesn't make the playoffs. With the balance and depth they have in skill position players they have he's a legit candidate to be mentioned in MVP conversation as long as the young o-line performs. I'm expecting to see the best QB play we've seen in Green Bay in probably 10 years. They just need to be ready to see a ton of blitzes. His decision-making is so much better
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

So I guess this is proof that the Bears aren't the Packers #1 rival any more.

Week One is here and I still haven't decided if I should drink the Kool-Aid or not. I really don't see any middle ground this season. The potential (and schedule) is there for this team to go 12-4, 13-3 and make a run for the Super Bowl. However, they're only one or 2 key injuries from spinning their wheels at 4-12 or 5-11. I suppose in the NFL that's the case for most teams, but I don't care about the other 31.

Anyway, I'll be missing week one as in an ironic twist of fate I'll be at Soldier Field (U2 concert) while the Bears are up at Lambeau. I plan on leaving a few Packer stickers as gifts in the restroom.

Comment

Originally posted by gbp12xchmp View Post

Week One is here and I still haven't decided if I should drink the Kool-Aid or not.
                    I drank the Kool-Aid, mixed another quart and drank that too.

There's really no reason not to be pumped up.
                    1) The schedule, as of right now, looks favorable
                    2) Caper's D's that he has taken over have a great first year success rate
                    3) A Rog is as accurate as anyone
                    4) The O has more weapons than ever

The only ? is how good is the O Line going to be, but as long as they don't horrifically stink, everything will be better than ok.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gbp12xchmp View Post
                      So I guess this is proof that the Bears aren't the Packers #1 rival any more.
                      I'm disrespecting the Bears by not talking about them. But, if it helps:

Jay Cutler is a whiny baby. We're going to sack him 6 times on Sunday. 8 if he forgets to remove his tampon.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I'm disrespecting the Bears by not talking about them. But, if it helps:

Jay Cutler is a whiny baby. We're going to sack him 6 times on Sunday. 8 if he forgets to remove his tampon.
                        Buck the Fears. For those of a lower intellect, like that of a Bear or Cub fan, switch the "B" and the "F" around, and you get my true thought.

Cutler is going to throw 2 picks. The first will be a horrible throw right to a Packer without a Chicago receiver within 10 yards, then blame the receiver for running a wrong route. The second will be to Aaron Kampman, his first career INT, on a floating duck after Charles Woodson blindsides him on a blitz. The reason this time? He did not remove said tampon, and therefore his chi was not centered and could not focus properly. And the O-line missed the block.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

5 hours until kick off. Time to start putting the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner.

Comment

Wow. Good game. Way to respond after that absolute joke of an illegal contact call on Harris. Kind of fitting that Harris gets the pick that ends the game. Oh, and the Bears still suck.

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y6B8JayH6NQ&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y6B8JayH6NQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                                Wow. Good game. Way to respond after that absolute joke of an illegal contact call on Harris. Kind of fitting that Harris gets the pick that ends the game. Oh, and the Bears still suck.
                                I couldn't be any more sick of the way the NFL has these guys call illegal contact. I notice it in other games, although it doesn't get me quite as ornery as when it hurts the Packers. Most of the time I blame the way it is mandated from the top, although this particular example was horrible officiating.

Finally Rodgers can start to get the monkey off his back. That took shotput size stones by McCarthy to make that call on 3rd and 1. When you take it to 4th down so many bad things can happen. I'm just happy they didn't take the ball out of Rodgers' hands and expect Crosby to make some ridiculously long field goal for the win like they did a few too many times last season. If this doesn't prove defense is over half attitude and mindset I don't know what will. With the exception of some snaps from Matthews, this was exactly the same group of personnel who played an entirely different scheme last season and would get slowly picked appart instead of being the aggressor.

Whoever lost this one was going to be lamenting their mistakes and missed opportunites. Chicago needed a TD on that late drive, they had some turnovers, and of course the fake punt was awful. The Packers squandered opportunities on those turnovers and missed 5 or 6 shots at 20+ yard passing gains thru no fault of the Bears. A couple were underthrown, one was overthrown, and at least 2 were dropped.
                                Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 09-13-2009, 11:16 PM.
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X