Clear All

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    EODS?!?!?!?!?

*****http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/images/packers-fan.jpg******
    Rescind your sig. Immediately.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

OK, the only way to describe this is "Flat Out ********":

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...xXumRfTqvto%3D

Green Bay TV stations to carry 8 Vikings games

You won’t be able to catch Brett Favre at the helm of the Minnesota Vikings on any Green Bay TV station during the preseason, but eight regular-season Vikings games will be carried on local stations.

WBAY, Channel 2, looked into carrying Friday’s Vikings preseason game without luck. The Vikings hold the rights to that game.

“They didn’t want to give them to us,” said Don Carmichael, WBAY's general manager. “They didn’t want to ruffle the feathers of the Packers.”

The Vikings' last two preseason games, on Aug. 31 and Sept. 4, will be carried nationally by ESPN and the NFL Network, respectively.

Six of the Vikings' regular-season games will be carried on Fox affiliate WLUK, Channel 11, Green Bay.

That schedule:
      Noon Sept. 13, at Cleveland Browns
      Noon Oct. 11, at St. Louis Rams
      Noon Nov. 1, at Green Bay Packers
      Noon Nov. 15, Detroit Lions
      Noon Nov. 29, Chicago Bears
      3:15 p.m. Dec. 6 at Arizona Cardinals.

Fox tailors its game assignments to what works best for a given market, “and it turns out most of the games assigned to us include the Vikings,” said Jay Zollar, WLUK's general manager.

WBAY holds the local rights for ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” coverage of the 7:30 p.m. Oct. 5 Packers-Vikings game.

Also to be aired locally is the Vikings' Dec. 13 game against the Cincinnati Bengals, on CBS affiliate WFRV, Channel 5. The Oct. 18 Vikings game on CBS conflicts with the Packers game that day.

Zollar said WLUK would wait until late in the season to decide whether to request a switch Jan. 3 to the New York Giants-Vikings game. That depends on which teams are in the playoff hunt, he said.
      The very first comment that I saw said it all:

BSGorilla wrote:

I read the header on this article and thought I was gonna puke. Must not be a lot of real Packer fans in GB. How humiliating for the team, the city, the state and any Packer fan anywhere else.
      It would poetic justice if Favre could only hold up for the first couple games and the GB station get stuck paying for a bunch of games no one wants to watch. I hope that's what happens anyway. This casts an ugly pall over all of Packer fandom.
      I am stomping proud to be a Packer fan but I am ashamed as a fan to see this - our own team's hometown pandering to fair weather fans to watch the games of our most hated rival. Kind of like I was ashamed on Tuesday when the Press-Gazette plastered almost all Viking-related articles on this site for the day.
      I know that there's always a good chance of catching divisional rivals on TV when it doesn't conflict with the home team's schedule, but this is just absurd.
      Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        OK, the only way to describe this is "Flat Out ********":
        Well..."flat out ********" may be too strong....I would go with "mildly down syndromy".
        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Not sure how I missed the "If you're true Packer fans, you'd understand" part in the Favre presser, but here's a pretty interesting reaction.

Comment

Not sure how I missed the "If you're true Packer fans, you'd understand" part in the Favre presser, but here's a pretty interesting reaction.
            All Favre was saying was, "get over it". He wants to play football and it just so happens it's in Minnesota - a year after he was told he was no longer wanted.

btw - I'm not happy with the signing (not becuase he was a Packer but because I think he's no longer valuable) but dear Parise, Packer fans might be the most self-entitled and narcissistic in all of sports. Grow up already.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              All Favre was saying was, "get over it". He wants to play football and it just so happens it's in Minnesota - a year after he was told he was no longer wanted.

btw - I'm not happy with the signing (not becuase he was a Packer but because I think he's no longer valuable) but dear Parise, Packer fans might be the most self-entitled and narcissistic in all of sports. Grow up already.
              I can see your point, but I also see the point of some of the Packer fans (man, I feel awful and contaminated with something in saying that) in that if BrettFavre asked them to wait a bit, instead of retiring, things could/would be a whole lot different.

The way it stands, the Packer organization (and the smart [relatively ] fans have all the reason to hate him. He is acting, and has acted, like a world class prima donna/prck the last 2 years.

I get that it's hard to give up something you love. I get that it's hard to leave a team that you spent your whole career with (I'm not counting ATL). But really, he took it too far.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I can see your point, but I also see the point of some of the Packer fans (man, I feel awful and contaminated with something in saying that) in that if BrettFavre asked them to wait a bit, instead of retiring, things could/would be a whole lot different.

The way it stands, the Packer organization (and the smart [relatively ] fans have all the reason to hate him. He is acting, and has acted, like a world class prima donna/prck the last 2 years.
                This doesn't make any sense. Wait for what? And he was always a prck - but now that we wears purple it matters?

Comment

This doesn't make any sense. Wait for what? And he was always a prck - but now that we wears purple it matters?
                  Pretty much. But it does provide hilarity, you have to admit that. Packer fans whining about everything BrettFavre and Viking fans going absolutely nutso has been awesomely entertaining.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Exactly...we've been telling them this for years, but none of them wanted to believe that their beloved Favre was about anything more then playing football and the Green Bay Packers. The Packer fan reaction is the best part of this whole deal.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

BrettFavre asking TT to wait a month to make sure that BrettFavre stayed retired, or something. Of course, it could have (and probably would have) ended up the same, but you never know.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So in 5 pre-season drives, Aaron Rodgers has led the 1st string offense to 5 touchdowns, and there have been ZERO points allowed by the entire defense in 6 quarters....I know this is only pre-season, but that is still fairly impressive, if you ask me.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

I'd be amenable to cancelling the rest of the preseason right now...
                          Originally posted by Jon
                          You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Exactly...we've been telling them this for years, but none of them wanted to believe that their beloved Favre was about anything more then playing football and the Green Bay Packers. The Packer fan reaction is the best part of this whole deal.
                            And its pretty amusing to see people who have absolutely no bearing on how Packer fans are reacting to Favre have such strong opinions about the matter. According to these people, Packer fans started voicing their displeasure last offseason (much less those who think that Packer fans just started speaking out against him last week), and had never spoken ill of him even once before.

I know its unreasonable to expect everyone, especially those who live outside of Wisconsin media markets, to know everything about how this has been slowly building since the end of the 2004 season (if I had to pick a date when I started noticing a reasonably significant amount of anti-Favre chatter among Packer fans, it'd probably be that abortion of a playoff game when we lost to the Vikes at home). But hearing people talk about how Packer fans "suddenly" turned on Favre when he signed with Minnesota last week is going to get old faster than the idiots who keep insisting that Ted Thompson had an agenda to force Favre out of Green Bay.

Comment

But hearing people talk about how Packer fans "suddenly" turned on Favre when he signed with Minnesota last week is going to get old faster than the idiots who keep insisting that Ted Thompson had an agenda to force Favre out of Green Bay.
                              I keep hearing this talk, too. And I keep having to walk away. Neither side did things right. At all. Favre did amazing things for Green Bay in his 16 years with the team. Without him, I seriously doubt Green Bay wins another Super Bowl, and makes it to a second. But football is a team game, and his holding the team hostage regarding his decision to retire year in and year out was not doing the team any good at all. And just shame on Thompson for setting a deadline for a decision. The draft was coming up, and if Favre was going to indeed retire, then he had to address that in the draft. While I think Thompson is far from a perfect GM, I do not fault him one bit for telling Favre we need a decision by a certain date, especially since he had been hinting at retiring for a few years before that.

Comment

And there's basically nothing you can say to people who think that way to convince them otherwise. Which is a shame, considering that the facts are absolutely against any of the "Thompson had an agenda" conspiracy theorists.

Putting up with people who pretend that vocal displeasure with Favre is entirely new to our fanbase as of either last week or the Jets trade will become equally difficult. Walking away just might be the best solution there, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X