X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Drug addiction and marital infidelity?
    That bolded part is untrue. It was a prank by an intern on a radio station that got the intern canned immediately, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.

Anyway, since Favre's Strahan Laydown, I've lost respect for him every day since. I always hated the *er, given the team he plays for, but I at least respected him. Now? Nope.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
      Chicago is Green Bay's biggest rival mainly because of the geographical proximity to Green Bay and Milwaukee. There is also 30 years of pre-merger history between the two teams.

The vikings are nothing more than an object of hatred (kind of like the cowboys). The vikings are hated on a level far greater than Chicago.

I think a lot of people my age (30) consider Minnesota to be a bigger rival. It likely stems from the fact that since 1990 or so (roughly) the Packers have owned the Bears. It's hard to have a real intense rivalry in a series that has been quite lopsided. On the other hand, the Green Bay-Minnesota series has been much closer over that span and offers far more by way of storylines. To a lot of us in the 30 and under crowd Minnesota has always been far more of a threat which is probably why we "hate" the Vikings' more than we do the Bears.

That said, I know POYB is without a doubt the biggest Bears' hater on the planet.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
        Chicago is Green Bay's biggest rival mainly because of the geographical proximity to Green Bay and Milwaukee. There is also 30 years of pre-merger history between the two teams.

The vikings are nothing more than an object of hatred (kind of like the cowboys). The vikings are hated on a level far greater than Chicago.
        Merger was when... late 60s? That makes it around 45-50 years of pre-merger history for the Packers and Bears.

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        I think a lot of people my age (30) consider Minnesota to be a bigger rival. It likely stems from the fact that since 1990 or so (roughly) the Packers have owned the Bears. It's hard to have a real intense rivalry in a series that has been quite lopsided. On the other hand, the Green Bay-Minnesota series has been much closer over that span and offers far more by way of storylines. To a lot of us in the 30 and under crowd Minnesota has always been far more of a threat which is probably why we "hate" the Vikings' more than we do the Bears.

That said, I know POYB is without a doubt the biggest Bears' hater on the planet.
        On its own merits, Bears are #1, Vikings are a close second. But the competitiveness has been enough to put the Vikes on top of our list as of late. (Ironic considering that for the last decade, its mostly been the Packers and Bears on top of our division) And that sums it up as well as it could.

As a Minnesota native, I have to admit that although I hate Chicago sports fans with a passion- Vikings fans are really a pain in the *** to be around. Especially when you're a big white dork and the only Packer fan in 7th grade. I still consider the Bears our biggest rival, but man oh man do I hate Vikes fans.

Originally posted by gbp12xchmp View Post
        As for his vendetta with TT. I'll say this. How would the Packers have been if Randy Moss wore the Green & Gold? Favre at the helm with Moss, Jennings, and Driver to throw to? I think 2007 would have ended differently. A 4th round pick, I know I don't value draft picks like TT (but who does), but geebus a 4th round pick was worth the gamble.
        It's not very reasonable to consider what Randy Moss became in NE when you think about why TT didn't pull that trade. Randy Moss in Minny and Oakland was a top notch talent, but also one that would take plays off (which really helps a defense to telegraph what's going on), and was a big locker-room liability. Basically a lazy version of Ochocinco or TO. Obviously, he turned himself around in New England, and hindsight is 20/20. But without knowing that ahead of time, what would make you want to pull for that trade?

And this is ignoring the fact that, while management certainly needs input from the coaching staff and (to a considerably lesser extent) its veterans, personnel decisions are to be made by management. Plain and simple, that ain't Favre's job. (See also: Mariucci, Wahle, and Rivera)
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post

I'm your age. **** the Bears. Suck or not, let me put it this way: I would rather spend a week with a rabid hyena in a locked cage than see Chicago win a game. I LOATHE Chicago sports. Pure, straight loathe them. Minnesota is second, simply because I like the Twins and Wild, and when it comes down to it, UMD(unless they are playing Wisconsin). But there is not one dam thing I like about Chicago. Except the Uber Stein.
          "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Just curious: is the thread title a reference to a new defensive strategy or the expected W-L record after 7 games? Just wanna understand.
            Originally posted by moe24
            Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
              Just curious: is the thread title a reference to a new defensive strategy or the expected W-L record after 7 games? Just wanna understand.
              Actually, neither. 3-4 is the combined IQ of the entire fan bases of the Bears and Vikings added together.
              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                I'm your age. **** the Bears. Suck or not, let me put it this way: I would rather spend a week with a rabid hyena in a locked cage than see Chicago win a game. I LOATHE Chicago sports. Pure, straight loathe them. Minnesota is second, simply because I like the Twins and Wild, and when it comes down to it, UMD(unless they are playing Wisconsin). But there is not one dam thing I like about Chicago. Except the Uber Stein.

As I was saying...

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post

Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                    Actually, neither. 3-4 is the combined IQ of the entire fan bases of the Bears and Vikings added together.
                    That makes no sense. How could something combine to be 3-4? Shouldn't it be a single number?
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      It's not very reasonable to consider what Randy Moss became in NE when you think about why TT didn't pull that trade. Randy Moss in Minny and Oakland was a top notch talent, but also one that would take plays off (which really helps a defense to telegraph what's going on), and was a big locker-room liability. Basically a lazy version of Ochocinco or TO. Obviously, he turned himself around in New England, and hindsight is 20/20. But without knowing that ahead of time, what would make you want to pull for that trade?
                      Even though Moss had acted in a manner worse than Brett (but I might have done the same with Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter as my QB's), I was 100% convinced that he would have cleaned up his act if given the chance to play for the Packers and with Brett. I remember seeing on NFL films a shot of Moss, jumping off the bench at Lambeau saying something to the effect of "I've gotta watch #4..." It may not have been for the right reasons, but I believed that Moss would have elevated his game back to where he had it in Minnesota. Turns out he did just that with Brady and the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        That makes no sense. How could something combine to be 3-4? Shouldn't it be a single number?
                        Fine I'll do the math....3-4 = -1

Comment

Especially when you're a big white dork and the only Packer fan in 7th grade.
                          So at least you've been an idiot for a while and not a Johnny-come-lately idiot.

Comment

Vikings fans are really a pain in the *** to be around. Especially when you're a big white dork and the only Packer fan in 7th grade. I still consider the Bears our biggest rival, but man oh man do I hate Vikes fans.
                            That big white dork only Packer fan was no picnic to be around to us Viking fans either...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Merger was when... late 60s? That makes it around 45-50 years of pre-merger history for the Packers and Bears.
                              My bad there; it's more like 50 years of pre-merger history. Regardless, the hatred for Chicago isn't nearly what it is for Minnesota.
                              Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 08-20-2009, 10:15 PM.
                              How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                That big white dork only Packer fan was no picnic to be around to us Viking fans either...
                                EODS?!?!?!?!?

*****http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/images/packers-fan.jpg******
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X