Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
    As long as childress is their coach....
    Last time I checked, Mike Holmgren left Green Bay.

Comment

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Last time I checked, Mike Holmgren left Green Bay.
      Which is why Green Bay has been irrelevant (sans a couple of season) after Christmas for the better part of a decade.
      Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 01-22-2010, 09:02 PM.
      How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Green Bay should be starting Brian Brohm.
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Someone had a t shirt that said "thanks for the memories, Brent". LOL.

I think it would be classic for the entire staduim to go silent when the Vikes prance onto the field. Not 1 word or sound.

I too was resonably encouraged by the game. Clearly Cleveland is going through growing pains with the new coaches.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think it would be classic for the entire staduim to go silent when the Vikes prance onto the field. Not 1 word or sound.
            Homer on 540AM in Milwaukee suggested that someone hand out 70,000 green t-shirts with Rodgers' number on it.

Me, I just want to get tickets behind the Vikes' bench and get back in touch with my inner Crease Creature. It'll be fun to find ways to taunt him. (See: my comment about the "It's all your fault" chant.) The only question will be whether the crowd is willing to play along:

Will Lambeau see only the purple, and boo and taunt him for wearing the wrong colors (let's wait until his jersey is retired before we're nice to him again)?

Will there be Favre apologists in the stands, decrying Ted Thompson and not ever being willing to boo Favre (maybe even cheer for a Vikings touchdown)?

Will there be people who just want to thank him for his years served, even if he's now the enemy? Perhaps they give him a standing ovation at the beginning, then go back to normal.

Tough to say what November 1st will be like. But I know that I want to be there. Even if only in the parking lot.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I am in the "Standing ovation for what you did for this franchise then boo the **** out of you" camp. You simply can not overlook what he did for Green Bay. 16 years of wonderful memories. But now that he pulled what he did, and donned colors of the enemy, then screw him.
              "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

I won't give Favre props for his 16 years until he's out of enemy colors. In fact, I don't see any point to giving him any sort of ovation until his number gets retired. Even then, I'm done acting like he was the greatest quarterback ever. I feel like we've all had this terribly unbalanced view of Favre during this decade.

As much love as we owe him for what he did for this franchise in the 90s and for the way he represented everything we value in football in Green Bay... there's got to be a limit. It's silly for us to look at Favre and only see that glorious night in New Orleans twelve Januaries ago. I love that we had a great team for much of his tenure here, and his enthusiasm and the fact that he was the toughest QB I've ever seen play... but that's only part of the story, and its too selective for us to ignore how poorly he played in the playoffs and in cold weather in the last eight years. Or to ignore how absurd his whole feud with Thompson is. Or how annoying and distracting his yearly retirement debacles (yes, I'm talking about the stuff that started 5 years ago) have been. Those things need to be remembered just as much as the fact that he played hurt so many times.

I'm not saying overcompensate, and deny what Favre did for this franchise. But we do need to stop pretending like we owe him anything. Especially while he's wearing another team's colors.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  and for the way he represented everything we value in football in Green Bay...
                  Drug addiction and marital infidelity?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    Drug addiction and marital infidelity?
                    Maybe he can add "Lake Minnetonka Party Boat Cruising" to the list now?

Comment

I think he'll be a great fit!

Comment

I hope he gets a Whizzanator too.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I won't give Favre props for his 16 years until he's out of enemy colors. In fact, I don't see any point to giving him any sort of ovation until his number gets retired. Even then, I'm done acting like he was the greatest quarterback ever. I feel like we've all had this terribly unbalanced view of Favre during this decade.

As much love as we owe him for what he did for this franchise in the 90s and for the way he represented everything we value in football in Green Bay... there's got to be a limit. It's silly for us to look at Favre and only see that glorious night in New Orleans twelve Januaries ago. I love that we had a great team for much of his tenure here, and his enthusiasm and the fact that he was the toughest QB I've ever seen play... but that's only part of the story, and its too selective for us to ignore how poorly he played in the playoffs and in cold weather in the last eight years. Or to ignore how absurd his whole feud with Thompson is. Or how annoying and distracting his yearly retirement debacles (yes, I'm talking about the stuff that started 5 years ago) have been. Those things need to be remembered just as much as the fact that he played hurt so many times.

I'm not saying overcompensate, and deny what Favre did for this franchise. But we do need to stop pretending like we owe him anything. Especially while he's wearing another team's colors.

A well written post.

Comment

I thought the Bears were the huge rival for Green Bay. That is what every Packer fan I know tells me anyways.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              I thought the Bears were the huge rival for Green Bay. That is what every Packer fan I know tells me anyways.
                              Chicago is Green Bay's biggest rival mainly because of the geographical proximity to Green Bay and Milwaukee. There is also 30 years of pre-merger history between the two teams.

The vikings are nothing more than an object of hatred (kind of like the cowboys). The vikings are hated on a level far greater than Chicago.
                              Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 08-19-2009, 07:38 PM.
                              How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

May as well weigh in on the Favre thingy. I'm still a fan of the guy. (I'll assume I've lost 95% of you by know so I'll ramble for my own personal gratification since I must be a Favre apologist to still root for the guy.) I'll assume I'm in the minority here, but once he checked in to rehab, I stopped taking him to be the aww-shucks, country boy who just loves to run around and play football. So I don't need to open my eyes to see where he's coming from.

Diva? 80% of NFL players are divas.You go back to the Super Bowl champs. Santana Dotson, Diva. Mark "American Chewy" Chmura, Diva. Eugene Robinson, diva. Nowadays... Nick "Pootie Tang" Barnett? Diva. Donald Driver, Diva. Aaron Kampmann, ok you got me there.

The appreciation and love for Favre IS about all those seasons. It is all about making bone-headed throws. Hell some of his touchdowns were absolutely bone-headed throws. Yes he played poorly at critical times, but his teammates also let him and ultimately the team down by choking on their own vomit at times (4th and 26). And yes he played well at times only to be made to look even better because of his teammates (see MNF 12/22/03), but the fact is he's (cue Madden) BrettFavre. Some want to focus on the loss to the Giants, but nobody mentions what happened the week before against Seattle. Who talked to Ryan Grant after his 2 fumbles led to the 14-0 hole the Packers were in? That's right, the Diva Brett Favre. With Brett you took the good, the bad, and the horrific.

As for his vendetta with TT. I'll say this. How would the Packers have been if Randy Moss wore the Green & Gold? Favre at the helm with Moss, Jennings, and Driver to throw to? I think 2007 would have ended differently. A 4th round pick, I know I don't value draft picks like TT (but who does), but geebus a 4th round pick was worth the gamble.

All that being said, I hope they knock Brett on his *** (but not maim him as some seem to want), I hope he plays well, and I trust Childress will screw this up so we won't have to watch the unthinkable and unbearable.

Comment

Working...
                                X