2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Well. Season is here. Our station broadcast the, ahem, "highlite" video from last season. And after watching that, ordering Badger tickets, and the Brewers sucktitude, I am a little more ready for some football.
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

I'm starting to get the itch, and not the kind you get from a $40 hooker. In the last week I've watched 3 Badger games from the past decade on the Big Ten Network on Demand. We can talk offline about which games you are going to.

This Raji deal needs to get done. I hate it when agents sit around waiting for someone else to set the market price so the dominos can fall. He doesn't play a position where he needs to learn hundreds of plays and I realize he's probably not in danger of losing his PT to Justin Harrell, but he's such a key piece of the overhaul on D that they need him in now. When these contract situations linger too much bad things tend to happen. Once they get their O-line set for some continuity and to keep Rodgers healthy I really have little concern with the offense, but the front 7 needs plenty of work as a unit.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Was at the Sunday AM practice. Nothing terribly significant to note. Rodgers seems to have done a great job adjusting to the tendencies of his core recievers. Some of the less experienced recievers seem to be on a different page, but I'd never even really heard much about several of those, so it would seem to be a "its only my second day throwing to you" kind of thing more than anything else.

I thought I still saw some substitutions going around on our 1st unit O-Line, but I wasn't paying enough attention to who was in and who was out to really say anything definitive on how close we are to having the O-Line figured out.

Naturally, the defense has been getting a lot of looks during full-team activities. Tons of different blitzing packages, some of which seem kind of sneaky. Frankly, I liked what I was seeing there. We might expose ourselves a little more to holes in the running game, but I do think that we'll definately be able to do more to put pressure on opposing QBs this season. At least, that is if what I saw is any good indication.

Noticed that Aaron Rodgers doesn't partake in the "bike through the crowd back to the locker rooms" ritual. Does he really have that important of media obligations/coaches meetings to attend to immediately after practice that he won't do a fun thing with the crowd like the rest of his teammates? I don't know the full story of what that guy has to deal with as compared to his teammates, so I'm curious to know why he'd have/want to be seperated from the team for simple things like that.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

A few packer players are on twitter. Fun to follow and read what their thoughts are.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
        Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

GO PACKERS!

******* id="flashObj" width="440" height="300" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">****** name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1859729760?isVid=1&publisherID=1747251531" />****** name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />****** name="flashVars" value="videoId=32771517001&playerID=1859729760&domain=embed&" />****** name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" />****** name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="swLiveConnect" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1859729760?isVid=1&publisherID=1747251531" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=32771517001&playerID=1859729760&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="440" height="300" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
          WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Raji signs!
            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
              It's about time.
              04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
              USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
              I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
              Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
              I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Not a bad 1st half...
                Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

I don't care if it's "only a pre-season game"......I love going to Lambeau Field. Parking in someone's yard for $5, taking the short walk to the corner of Onieda and Lombardi through the neighborhood and then out of nowhere, BAM! there it is. L-L-L Lambeau!!!

Great play by Rodgers to find Driver. (quick memo--if you're sitting in the first row of the end zone....MAKE SURE YOU CATCH THE PACKER JUMPING INTO THE STANDS). 1st string offense made one big play and took advantage of a stupid Browns penalty on 4th down to keep the drive alive that lead to TD #2.

Defense looked good, but I'm not going to go over board. Offensively the Browns looked bad or not interested. Jamal Lewis looks like he's down to one gear. Braylon Edwards was not interested in playing.

But hey 17-0 and I guess no significant injuries....I'll take it.

Comment

The Browns looked awful more than the Packers looked good.

Very good pocket presence and awareness shown by Rodgers on his touchdown throw to Driver. (Seriously... who forgets to catch a guy doing the Leap?)

Didn't see too many different looks from the 3-4, but I think that was intentional. I really like the middle LB cross-blitz that we were using on occasion. It'll be interesting to see how we vary that particular blitz as teams start to pick up on it.

I think that there's too much being made about how certain players will adapt to the new scheme. The only concern will be when someone like Kampman starts to have pass defending responsibilities, but I'd be shocked if we aren't blitzing him in most pass scenarios. Even then: he's a professional football player. He plays a position that requires him to be thinking, whether its a 4-3 or a 3-4. I'm not too worried about it.

Good to see a lot of RBs getting a good look during the pre-season games. Lumpkin and Sutton looked good. Always nice to get a perspective on a lot of backs, since RBs have a short shelf life, and you need to have a good handle on your depth at that position in the NFL.

-Side note-

Amusing quote from Gov. Doyle's announcement that he won't be running for a third term:

"I know I will regret this decision many times over the next year but I'm not going to pull a Brett Favre on you,"

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Well, Benedict Brett Benedict Brent Judas The Dixieland Diva he who shall not be named has finally done it.

This season will be... interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Well, Benedict Brett Benedict Brent Judas The Dixieland Diva he who shall not be named has finally done it.

This season will be... interesting.
                        I am hoping Kampman eats him alive. And Barnett picks him off twice, with Al Harris getting 4 more. Oh, and that his elbow falls off. Yeah, I hope for that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                          I am hoping Kampman eats him alive. And Barnett picks him off twice, with Al Harris getting 4 more. Oh, and that his elbow falls off. Yeah, I hope for that, too.
                          I hope so.

As the Cornbread Judas hobbles off the field after his 4-Int game back to his private locker room in shame, it'll be a great time to introduce the "It's all your fault" chant to football.

Comment

Judas Favre T-Shirts

ordering mine tomorrow, anyone else with me?
                            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                              Judas Favre T-Shirts

ordering mine tomorrow, anyone else with me?
                              I don't care enough to give those nut-jobs $15. As long as childress is their coach, they won't be relevant after Christmas.
                              How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Working...
                              X