2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

From the people that brought you, "CAUGHT?!?? NOOOO! NOOOO! THE CARDINALS HAVE KNOCKED THE VIKINGS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...5/FavreINT.mp3

It's "THIS IS NOT DETROIT, MAN, THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!"
    Originally posted by Jon
    You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
      We have the energy to do both.
      Plus, its not like we have only a finite amount of time to appreciate Rodgers. Plenty of time to look forward to the future.

The time to soak in all the agony from west of the St. Croix, on the other hand, is right now.

Plus, and Brent should be* aware of this by now, the point really does have less to do with the Vikings and more to do with the fact that we didn't want him to accomplish the exact same amount (1 Super Bowl win) with the Vikings as he did with Green Bay.

That and the whole Apocalypse thing that would happen when you guys finally get your title.

*I say "should be", even though he probably "is" aware...
      Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-25-2010, 12:47 PM.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

In case you haven't seen this yet....

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PUAgITZfq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PUAgITZfq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

• I know exactly how that guy felt, even though I don't typically get that animated, have never painted my face and don't own any jerseys.

Leading up to that play, I had walked away from the couches my wife and boys were sitting on, around the one part of my sectional, and stood by myself as far off to the side as I could while still being able to watch. During the Vikings last drive of the game, I didn't utter a single word and as it was reaching the end, I silently thought for a few seconds, "I can't believe they're finally going to do it". This was proceeded by a never ending series of kicks to the gut, including the 12-man penalty, followed by the INT, the coin toss, and seemingly every single play/booth review in OT. After the FG I got up from the couch and walked upstairs to bed.

This is not a request for sympathy, but only someone that's been a diehard fan of a team that for 35 years has had brushes with greatness - only to fall short by the zaniest and most heart-wrenching methods at every turn - could possibly comprehend how that feels. I'm a firm believer in, "it's only sports", but that was a moment of utter agony that will forever be followed by poor memories that I wouldn't wish on anyone - not even a Packers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            This was proceeded by a never ending series of kicks to the gut, including the 12-man penalty, followed by the INT, the coin toss, and seemingly every single play/booth review in OT. After the FG I got up from the couch and walked upstairs to bed.
            I haven't used all of my pain medication from the last time I had stitches (this past fall) for the precise reason that I knew that I'd probably need to use some of them to get to sleep at one point (or five) this season.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Hey, Viking fans can now purchase this handy item.

******* width="640" height="505">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZxzeBxTz_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZxzeBxTz_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505">
              WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

I know exactly how that guy felt, even though I don't typically get that animated, have never painted my face and don't own any jerseys.

Leading up to that play, I had walked away from the couches my wife and boys were sitting on, around the one part of my sectional, and stood by myself as far off to the side as I could while still being able to watch. During the Vikings last drive of the game, I didn't utter a single word and as it was reaching the end, I silently thought for a few seconds, "I can't believe they're finally going to do it". This was proceeded by a never ending series of kicks to the gut, including the 12-man penalty, followed by the INT, the coin toss, and seemingly every single play/booth review in OT. After the FG I got up from the couch and walked upstairs to bed.

This is not a request for sympathy, but only someone that's been a diehard fan of a team that for 35 years has had brushes with greatness - only to fall short by the zaniest and most heart-wrenching methods at every turn - could possibly comprehend how that feels. I'm a firm believer in, "it's only sports", but that was a moment of utter agony that will forever be followed by poor memories that I wouldn't wish on anyone - not even a Packers fan.
                I feel your pain. We want to say "it's only sports" to keep perspective, but those of us with true passion and love for the sport and our team still feel like we took a Beckum strike to the stones when something this gut-wrenching happens. It just seems like the sun shines a little brighter, the air is a little fresher, and the food tastes a little better after a huge win. After a tough loss the winter air seems a little colder and the work days seems a little longer.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

This was proceeded by a never ending series of kicks to the Nuts, including the 12-man penalty, followed by the INT, the coin toss, and seemingly every single play/booth review in OT.
                  FYP.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KB3Ji40RQyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KB3Ji40RQyA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

I generally don't download videos here but I'll give you this link for a little youtube fun. I've seen these Hitler things before. This one is a riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-HKp...eature=related
                    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
                      Hey, Viking fans can now purchase this handy item.

******* width="640" height="505">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZxzeBxTz_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZxzeBxTz_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505">
                      I heard Favre and Peterson are going to open a bakery together in the offseason. It'll specialize in turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                        I generally don't download videos here but I'll give you this link for a little youtube fun. I've seen these Hitler things before. This one is a riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-HKp...eature=related
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Great
                          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                            Great
                            Good input.
                            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                            X