X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Fire Mason Crosby, that is all.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in Cullen Jenkins for his horrible tackle on the second from last play that could have ended the game or the great tackle by the Steelers' center on the final play (uncalled of course) that also could have ended it.
      Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
      2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
      2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
      Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        No kidding.

Still should've won that game, even with his terrible kicking. What a rough way to lose.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          Too bad that Longwell fellow was all old and washed up.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Too bad that Longwell fellow was all old and washed up.
            What was the deal with that anyways...I never got why you would let a kicker who could still kick with distance and accuracy go. Good kickers last forever look how long Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson were around, or Eddie Murray, or Jason Hanson...seemed rather odd.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              What was the deal with that anyways...I never got why you would let a kicker who could still kick with distance and accuracy go. Good kickers last forever look how long Morten Andersen and Gary Anderson were around, or Eddie Murray, or Jason Hanson...seemed rather odd.
              I want to say he left simply because the Vikings offered more than the Packers (same reason we let Darren Sharper go: he wanted to test the open market and we were destined to be outbid), but I could be wrong.

Edit: Okay, I was wrong. He was never offered a contract by the Packers.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/includes/ne...&section_id=40
              Longwell left the Packers following the 2005 season as the franchise’s all-time leading scorer, with 1,054 points during his nine years with the team. While he didn’t announce his retirement, change his mind and target the Vikings as his next destination – in truth, Longwell was never offered a contract by the Packers and chose the Vikings over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in free agency – he did find himself the following season on the business end of Packers fans’ booing wrath.
              Although, I do recall that his kickoffs were routinely landing around the 15 yard line at one point. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it, but his field goal % was good enough to make up for the field position problems...
              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 12-21-2009, 01:05 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Seperate thought:

I saw this in the comments section of an espn.com article, so take this with a grain of salt. (Actually, espn.com comments sections are bad enough, take this with about a pound of salt) Either way, here goes:

Maybe this has been covered but why didn't Pittsburgh have a 10 second run off in the final drive after the false start? By my math the final 6 seconds wouldn't have counted....
                Anyone else catch this or is this one guy just plain wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Seperate thought:

I saw this in the comments section of an espn.com article, so take this with a grain of salt. (Actually, espn.com comments sections are bad enough, take this with about a pound of salt) Either way, here goes:

Anyone else catch this or is this one guy just plain wrong?
                  I'm pretty sure the false start occured while the clock was not running...in that case there is no 10 second run off...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the false start occured while the clock was not running...in that case there is no 10 second run off...
                    That would explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      They were in terrible shape salary cap-wise and didn't want to pay top dollar for a kicker. Right or wrong they thought he was kind of a whiner with a weak leg for kickoffs. They had a lot of dead money with guys like Cletidus Hunt, Robert Ferguson, Joe Johnson, Jamaal Reynolds, etc., so they had to purge. They let Longwell's money go off the books, let Rivera walk, had to cut Wahle by design because of a poison pill bonus in his contract, cut Sharper, and cut Ferguson to get out from under Sherman's work.

On the runoff issue, Shirless Guy got it. The runoff only happens when the clock is running.

This one still smarts even though I had in penciled in for a loss months ago. If only Tomlin had kicked deep. It would have taken the Packers another 2 minutes to score and Big Ben wouldn't have had any time. I know that is making a jump, but Tomlin actually did the onside kick because he all but admitted post-game he knew they wouldn't stop the Packers' offense no matter how far they had to drive so he might as well take the chance of getting the ball back. In the end it saved him enough time.

It could still be competely inconsequential in the playoff run if they take care of some business. Maybe it will be a good thing in the end because they'll now have to figure out some way to cover with their #6 and #8 CBs in the dime package. Teams would be crazy not to spread them out. Think about that rash of injuries at one spot for a second. They lost Al Harris, Blackmon, and Lee, who along with Williams and Woodson are all ahead of Bush on the CB depth chart. Bush was right there at #6 along with Underwood. Ford was definitely below Underwood and was nothing more than a borderline practice squad player until the injuries hit. Now Bush is playing the nickel and with Underwood nicked up with a hip problem Ford has to take some snaps at the nickel.

Comment

Matt Flynn looked great today. He should be starting.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                          Matt Flynn looked great today. He should be starting.
                          Green Bay should be starting Aaron Brooks.
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Well. That sucked.

13 hours later and I'm still pretty p'ed off. Although there's no excuses for how the game started or ended for the offense, it's kind of hard to pin the game on them. No amount of terrible turnovers can be held responsible for what was clearly a terrible defensive game. Warner just picked us apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Well. That sucked.

13 hours later and I'm still pretty p'ed off. Although there's no excuses for how the game started or ended for the offense, it's kind of hard to pin the game on them. No amount of terrible turnovers can be held responsible for what was clearly a terrible defensive game. Warner just picked us apart.
                              Yup, I just wish Rackers would've made the FG so I wouldnt of have a slim chance of hope after Woodson won the coin toss
                              Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                              Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

I'm still stinging as well. The one thing that helps soften it a little is realizing they are still not a finished product. They earned their playoff spot, but they aren't quite there yet as a true title contender. With a few key moves the young roster will continue to get better and I expect them to be a true threat next year. The offense's turnovers can't happen, but putting up 45 points in regulation should be enough. The weaknesses in the secondary when you lose 3 of your top 5 CBs really showed up in this one. Imaginative offensive scheme by the Cardinals and great execution by Warner.
                                Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 01-11-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X