2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    Oh c'mon now. You can't tell me you don't enjoy watching your rivals suck it when it counts.
    I couldn't care less about what rivals do. If the team I cheer for doesn't win I don't feel any better about it if the rivals don't.

Comment

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I couldn't care less about what rivals do. If the team I cheer for doesn't win I don't feel any better about it if the rivals don't.
      That is how I feel too...taking joy out of your rivals losing is UND-esque. (if you put up a banner for it then it would be more SCSU )

The Nick Collins execution line was awesome BTW
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ha Ha.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We might have permanently lost the Favre-First fans tonight.

I'm not so convinced that this is a bad thing. I hope those people get ridiculed mercilessly when Favre is finally gone for good and they have no team to cheer for. I trust that this is an issue everyone in the Black and Blue can agree on.

In other news: I need to break something.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            John McKay sort of paved the way for that one.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              That is how I feel too...taking joy out of your rivals losing is UND-esque. (if you put up a banner for it then it would be more SCSU )

Oh how I wish that UND line was not true...the SCSU follow up was good though.

Yeah, the execution line was gold.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                John McKay sort of paved the way for that one.
                "Well we didn't block anybody, but we made up for it by not tackling"
                -John McKay

Ya gotta love that guy
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In other news: I need to break something.
                  I recommend your television so you don't have to watch BrettFavreh march the Vikes to a division title. Or see poor Aaron Rogers pummeled into the turf anymore. He seems like a good guy, what did he do to deserve such treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I consider it a consolation prize when things aren't going too well for your own favorite team. In each sport I follow I have one or two teams I absolutely cannot stand that I really enjoy watching them fail.
                    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Did anyone else catch Aikman's comment about people discounting whether Old Balls QB even wanted to play in Green Bay in 2008 and beyond? It was one of the more thought-provoking comments I'd heard in a while on this subject. The more I observe and the more bits and pieces I hear, I tend to think it was all about him trying to orchestrate his way out because he didn't agree with how they were building the team. Although he was wrong on most every specific move he cited when he talked to Greta in 2008, it's hard to argue TT hasn't whiffed on a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                        Did anyone else catch Aikman's comment about people discounting whether Old Balls QB even wanted to play in Green Bay in 2008 and beyond? ... Although he was wrong on most every specific move he cited when he talked to Greta in 2008, it's hard to argue TT hasn't whiffed on a few things.
                        Like an O-line able to protect an old QB?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Like an O-line able to protect an old QB?
                          Or an o-line able to protect a young or old QB. Sadly it is one of the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                            Did anyone else catch Aikman's comment about people discounting whether Old Balls QB even wanted to play in Green Bay in 2008 and beyond? It was one of the more thought-provoking comments I'd heard in a while on this subject.
                            It's not like his annual indecision-fest came from nowhere. Seems to me he's thought about leaving since 2004.

Wasn't there a trade request when we didn't get Moss? Or was that another thing where it was all Bus Cook and Favre "didn't know about it"?

People who whine about TT trading Favre are on the same level of intelligence as all those "truthers", "birthers" and "deathers" in the political spectrum. Our fanbase is seriously better off now that those people are slowly turning into Vikings fans. They're worse than fairweather fans.

I know that I'll be ridiculing those people endlessly once Favre actually (for real) retires and they have no idea what team to cheer for.

Comment

Your seething bitterness. *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing015.gif****** *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif****** *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif******
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

It's not like his annual indecision-fest came from nowhere. Seems to me he's thought about leaving since 2004.

Wasn't there a trade request when we didn't get Moss? Or was that another thing where it was all Bus Cook and Favre "didn't know about it"?

People who whine about TT trading Favre are on the same level of intelligence as all those "truthers", "birthers" and "deathers" in the political spectrum. Our fanbase is seriously better off now that those people are slowly turning into Vikings fans. They're worse than fairweather fans.

I know that I'll be ridiculing those people endlessly once Favre actually (for real) retires and they have no idea what team to cheer for.
                                Interesting, that a fan base would ridicule a first ballot Hall of Famer that was instrumental in leading the Packers from decades of mediocrity and to two SB appearances.

And why?

Because he went to your chief rival.

And yet, Packer fans I know then openly decry that the Packers never pursued Randy Moss.The single player of your chief rival that was solely responsible for your most crushing defeats and had shown nothing but open contempt for your organization.

Packer fans need to be alcoholics to rationalize this scenario.
                                Last edited by Go4PuckFan; 11-02-2009, 09:07 PM.
                                "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Working...
                                X