• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Sioux fan?
    Now that's just cold.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Now that's just cold.
      Well you asked for it dude by saying the Vikes losing in the end makes it a somewhat successful season

He could have been REAL mean and said you were a St. Cloud fan
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know it seems sort of dickish/Husky-esque, but I really do mean it. Truth be told, it has more to do with Favre than it does the Vikings. If I wanted the Vikings to eat it, I typically wouldn't be satisfied unless the Packers had a better record, or did better in the playoffs.

But I can make an exception this season: I'm just getting fed up with listening to Favre fans use his success with other teams as an excuse for them to whine about how Ted Thompson shouldn't have traded the only reason they were ever Packer fans to begin with.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I know it seems sort of dickish/Husky-esque, but I really do mean it. Truth be told, it has more to do with Favre than it does the Vikings. If I wanted the Vikings to eat it, I typically wouldn't be satisfied unless the Packers had a better record, or did better in the playoffs.

But I can make an exception this season: I'm just getting fed up with listening to Favre fans use his success with other teams as an excuse for them to whine about how Ted Thompson shouldn't have traded the only reason they were ever Packer fans to begin with.
          Well there wasn't much reason to be a fan before that unless you "Believe'd in Magic"

There always those fans that show up when the team becomes good because of a superstar and then get whiny when their hero goes away. Thankfully they tend to go away too sooner or later...although most don't have a steakhouse across the street from the stadium so maybe the Favre-natics will be around a bit longer than most

I personally just consider it Karma for you guys
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I personally just consider it Karma for you guys
            I think Karma will rear its ugly head in the postseason when Favre throws multiple picks at the worst possible time, thereby proving what all of my Viking fan friends have said for years: Favre makes too many bad throws and isn't clutch in the postseason anymore.

And it was "Majik", not "Magic".
            Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

• I love when the 'seriousness' behind a rivaly like this can be overlooked and we just give each other ****. I also empathize with how some of these guys feel regarding Favre going to MN must feel. Not completely but somewhat. Hell, I still do a double take at the beginning of every game I see him with a purple helmet on.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I love when the 'seriousness' behind a rivaly like this can be overlooked and we just give each other ****. I also empathize with how some of these guys feel regarding Favre going to MN must feel. Not completely but somewhat. Hell, I still do a double take at the beginning of every game I see him with a purple helmet on.
                Meh. I take heart in the fact that every year, the Vikes choke it away at some point of the season. Sometimes they start very poorly, sometimes get screwed at the end of the season (read: McCown-to-Poole), and sometimes its wide right by a kicker that hasn't missed all season.
                Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
                  Meh. I take heart in the fact that every year, the Vikes choke it away at some point of the season. Sometimes they start very poorly, sometimes get screwed at the end of the season (read: McCown-to-Poole), and sometimes its wide right by a kicker that hasn't missed all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Thankfully they tend to go away too sooner or later...although most don't have a steakhouse across the street from the stadium so maybe the Favre-natics will be around a bit longer than most
                    Does it make me a psycho-fan if I've occasionally thought about tossing a green road flare into that place during the game tomorrow, and watching while all the people in purple 4s run out? From what I'm told, that place has become the de facto headquarters for all the Favre-first jerkwads.

Comment

Does it make me a psycho-fan if I've occasionally thought about tossing a green road flare into that place during the game tomorrow, and watching while all the people in purple 4s run out? From what I'm told, that place has become the de facto headquarters for all the Favre-first jerkwads.
                      I wouldnt blame ya...hell when they show them on TV today I will be praying you do it
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I've seen vomit look better than this team.
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Why do the Packers hate their fans so much?

Every single thing about this game is a disgrace. It's an absolute embarassment. I'm glad I wound up deciding to stay home, because I cannot fathom how angry I would be if I actually wound up driving to Green Bay for this abortion of a game. Absolutely pathetic. On all fronts.

They're just letting that old ****ing bastard do whatever he wants. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

The Packers just don't block anybody plain and simple. They are trying to block completely clean which is a mistake. The Vikings are smart. If you can get away with it keep doing it. The Vikings are just much better tacklers than the Packers when it really comes down to it. I hate how the story will be about Old Balls QB. He's been OK today but nothing spectacular. For whatever reason the gameplan appears to be to give him plenty of time and preserve his legacy. **** his legacy and **** him. Jake Dellhome would look good against this pass defense. Anyone at this game who cheered for him should have their green and gold clothing revoked forever. We don't need you.

EDIT - My sentence about tackling had to do with the 2 defenses. I didn't see if anyone responded, but I just wanted to clarify.
                            Last edited by MW4Bucky&SNC; 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM.
                            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Why do the Packers hate their fans so much?

Every single thing about this game is a disgrace. It's an absolute embarassment. I'm glad I wound up deciding to stay home, because I cannot fathom how angry I would be if I actually wound up driving to Green Bay for this abortion of a game. Absolutely pathetic. On all fronts.

They're just letting that old ****ing bastard do whatever he wants. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
                              And this is why they play the whole game......just sayin'.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                And this is why they play the whole game......just sayin'.
                                What, to drag out our agony while giving us a little false hope along the way?
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X