Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
    How about "Rock and Roll all Night" by KISS? Plus any road trip mix CD had got to have some AC/DC on it.
    Whoosh.

You could stretch it and put in "The Devil Went Down To Georgia."

"The South Will Rise Again" could work in a sarcastic way. "Dancing Queen" would also work.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Whoosh.
      Crap
      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Anyone?:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4601368

Mark Chmura, a tight end on the '96 team, said he went through the rosters position by position and could not find an advantage for the Vikings. "And it all starts with Brett -- Brett's not as good as he was," he said, according to the report.

(bolding mine) I know Chewie is stupid....but come on.........
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Anyone?:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4601368

(bolding mine) I know Chewie is stupid....but come on.........
          I noticed this too. For the most part if he wants to believe this, OK. But if he thinks Dorsey Levens is better than Adrian Peterson, he is insane.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I noticed this too. For the most part if he wants to believe this, OK. But if he thinks Dorsey Levens is better than Adrian Peterson, he is insane.
            I could see the argument that Levens and Edgar Bennett were a more balanced tandem than Peterson and Taylor... but it would still be wrong. AP sort of trumps anything in the running back department.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Suck it, Old Man. I'm never buying another pair of Wranglers again.
              Ooooo, that'll teach him!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                That would be the one spot. Those guys were good and had a really nice thing going as a tandem, but even with better fullback play on Green Bay's side as well I'd have to say Peterson edges the Vikings RBs over the Packers RBs from that year. Otherwise I'd agree with the rest of his assessment until it is proven otherwise over a season ending with a Lombardi Trophy.
                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

What I wouldn't give for tickets to the game right now...

Well, except for the $200/per it would cost me to get them from Ticketmaster.

But carrying out a mob hit? Sure!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    What I wouldn't give for tickets to the game right now...

Well, except for the $200/per it would cost me to get them from Ticketmaster.

But carrying out a mob hit? Sure!
                    I'm going to the next two games after this. I'm happy I'm not going to this one. I just want this entire thing to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                      I'm going to the next two games after this. I'm happy I'm not going to this one. I just want this entire thing to be done.
                      What if they meet in the playoffs? *GASP*
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        What if they meet in the playoffs? *GASP*
                        As a defense mechanism my mind will not allow me to picture such a scenario.

Comment

I'll go ahead and put this in print so that it won't actually happen....

Why do I get this nagging feeling that the Packers well reach the zenith of their season on Sunday? They'll win and look good doing it, but then lay a stink bomb in Tampa the following Sunday. Then have the Cowboys come into town and put Rodgers down 6 times. And yadda yadda yadda they end up 8-8.

Comment

And now for a quick what-if question about #4.

How should Brett be treated if he gets injured and carted off? Not talking some serious/scary situation, but one where say one of his old joints finally gives out. Do you still "cheer" for him out of the usual respect given to an injured player? Laugh at his sorry old *** as it's hauled away? Silence?

Comment

Originally posted by gbp12xchmp View Post
                              I'll go ahead and put this in print so that it won't actually happen....

Why do I get this nagging feeling that the Packers well reach the zenith of their season on Sunday? They'll win and look good doing it, but then lay a stink bomb in Tampa the following Sunday. Then have the Cowboys come into town and put Rodgers down 6 times. And yadda yadda yadda they end up 8-8.
                              As long as one of those other three victories comes against the Bears, that would sort of make for a successful season. Especially if the Vikes crap out at the end anyway.

Originally posted by gbp12xchmp View Post
                              And now for a quick what-if question about #4.

How should Brett be treated if he gets injured and carted off? Not talking some serious/scary situation, but one where say one of his old joints finally gives out. Do you still "cheer" for him out of the usual respect given to an injured player? Laugh at his sorry old *** as it's hauled away? Silence?
                              In that case, there are two courses of action:

1) Give the man an ovation. The Streak would have likely ended in that case and, even if he's dressed in Chokers Purple, he deserves some recognition for what he accomplished. Also: the Packer that puts him on the stretcher should have the #1 selling jersey in Wisconsin by Tuesday.

2) Break out the classic college hockey chant: "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!". Oh wait... that's the appropriate reaction for if when he throws a pick six. "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye"? Is that cruel?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                ....that would sort of make for a successful season. Especially if the Vikes crap out at the end anyway.

Also: the Packer that puts him on the stretcher should have the #1 selling jersey in Wisconsin by Tuesday.
                                Sioux fan?

Comment

Working...
                                X