Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Green Bay Packers - NFC North the 3-4 way

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
    Interesting, that a fan base would ridicule a first ballot Hall of Famer that was instrumental in leading the Packers from decades of mediocrity and to two SB appearances.

And why?

Because he went to your chief rival.

And yet, Packer fans I know then openly decry that the Packers never pursued Randy Moss.The single player of your chief rival that was solely responsible for your most crushing defeats and had shown nothing but open contempt for your organization.

Packer fans need to be alcoholics to rationalize this scenario.
    Randy Moss wasn't the most profilic player ever to don a Vikings jersey. Moss also only played in Minnesota for five or six years. And Randy didn't say he wanted out of Minnesota only to go to Green Bay.

Different situations.
    Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
      Interesting, that a fan base would ridicule a first ballot Hall of Famer that was instrumental in leading the Packers from decades of mediocrity and to two SB appearances.

And why?

Because he went to your chief rival.

And yet, Packer fans I know then openly decry that the Packers never pursued Randy Moss.The single player of your chief rival that was solely responsible for your most crushing defeats and had shown nothing but open contempt for your organization.

Packer fans need to be alcoholics to rationalize this scenario.
      You are way off base here. We are not ticked because he went to the Vikings. Well...I guess I am, but that is neither here nor there. We are ticked at HOW he ended up with Minnesota. Two years ago, he retires. The team moves on. Right or wrong, he tries to force his way back in. Right or wrong, management decides they have moved on, he retired, they drafted two QBs in that year's draft, and they don't really have a spot on the roster for him. Right or wrong, they committed to Aaron Rodgers, and decide they are going to stick with that decision. Old Balls QB declares he can still play, and still wants to play, even though he RETIRED. He pushes for a trade. You would be a blasted fool to trade him within your division. They ship him to the Jets. He shows(for the first half of the year, anyway) he can still play. He retires. Again. Says he will never play another down in the NFL again. THEN comes back as a Viking? Eff that. Was it a smart move on his part to join Minnesota? It's looking that way. They had the pieces in place to make a run. Was it a dick move? Of course it was. The only worse would have been him signing with the Bears. Different circumstances, but do you honestly think the Red Sox fans are cheering for Johnny Damon this World Series? Do you think they were tickled pink to see Roger Clemens and Wade Boggs getting rings with the Yankees? And they didn't pull(as far as I know) the same crap Old Balls QB did. So why in the name of Buddah would Packer fans NOT be ticked off at him? You cheer for the team, not the player. Any player that is playing for a rival team I hate. Personal Example: Chris Warren was on of my all time favorite football players. Weird, I know. But when he signed with Dallas to finish his career? I hated him. I hate the Cowboys. I hate their players. Including a guy who was once my favorite player in the league. So if you say you are a Packer fan AND are glad to see Old Balls QB doing well, you are not a Packer fan, you are an Old Balls QB fan.

And most Packer fans are alcoholics. That is what the 70's and 80's did to us.
      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Ignore him...he isnt even a Vikings fan.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          I recommend your television so you don't have to watch BrettFavreh march the Vikes to a division title. Or see poor Aaron Rogers pummeled into the turf anymore. He seems like a good guy, what did he do to deserve such treatment?
          He re-upped with Green Bay.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          People who whine about TT trading Favre are on the same level of intelligence as all those "truthers", "birthers" and "deathers" in the political spectrum. Our fanbase is seriously better off now that those people are slowly turning into Vikings fans. They're worse than fairweather fans.

I know that I'll be ridiculing those people endlessly once Favre actually (for real) retires and they have no idea what team to cheer for.
          They'll be Packer fans when he's done with the Vikings. They were Packer fans first, then for some reason fell in love with BrettFavre. They're all temporary Vikings fans because they're idiots. If I were a Packer fan, I'd be just as annoyed with the Favre-first crowd as the rest of you. But, as a Vikings fan I'm more annoyed with the "I won't cheer for the Vikings until Favre is no longer with the team" people. Both sets deserve to cheer for the Rams...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            If I were a Packer fan, I'd be just as annoyed with the Favre-first crowd as the rest of you. But, as a Vikings fan I'm more annoyed with the "I won't cheer for the Vikings until Favre is no longer with the team" people. Both sets deserve to cheer for the Rams...
            I concur.

As for Go4PuckFan's comments: They've been quite soundly dismissed by Plante and poyb. My only addition to make to their response is that Moss would've been ridiculed by Vikings fans for playing in Green Bay if that ever happened. Would it have been on the same level as what Favre went through? Of course not. But, as has been said, the situations are wholly different.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              They'll be Packer fans when he's done with the Vikings. They were Packer fans first, then for some reason fell in love with BrettFavre. They're all temporary Vikings fans because they're idiots. If I were a Packer fan, I'd be just as annoyed with the Favre-first crowd as the rest of you. But, as a Vikings fan I'm more annoyed with the "I won't cheer for the Vikings until Favre is no longer with the team" people. Both sets deserve to cheer for the Rams...
              A-fricken-men to that. I get on the Vikings fans, but I'll take them in a heartbeat over the small minority of clowns who claimed to be Packers fans but would now root for the Mean Machine in the Southern Mississippi Area Penal League if Old Balls QB decided to be Bert Reynolds taking on the guards.
              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

I found this article kind of fun.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/68817222.html

Here's an excerpt.

The team that beat up the Packers both home and away arguably has also been outperforming the Packers during the past couple of off-seasons. The Vikings have added at least one big-time player each of the last four years and are to the point now where they may have as many as 11 players selected to the Pro Bowl this year.

Here's a year-by-year comparison:

2006: The Vikings added perennial Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson and reliable kicker Ryan Longwell in free agency. The Packers added Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Woodson and defensive lineman Ryan Pickett in free agency and drafted wide receiver Greg Jennings.

2007: The Vikings drafted all-pro running back Adrian Peterson and budding star receiver Sidney Rice and signed starting tight end Visanthe Shiancoe in free agency. The Packers didn't draft a single player who has made an impact as great as Rice (Justin Harrell was the first pick) and acquired running back Ryan Grant in a trade.

2008: The Vikings traded for Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen and signed receiver Bernard Berrian in free agency. The Packers signed backup linebacker Brandon Chillar in free agency and drafted one player with special talent, tight end Jermichael Finley, who is a backup.

2009: The Vikings signed future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre and drafted Percy Harvin, who has proved to be a dynamic returner and receiver, and right tackle Phil Loadholt, who has started seven of eight games. The Packers signed free agent offensive lineman Duke Preston (cut in training camp) and drafted nose tackle B.J. Raji, who has had no impact, and linebacker Clay Matthews, who has star potential.

It doesn't take a football genius to figure out who has been doing the better job acquiring talent. When asked Monday if he thought the Vikings were more talented, Packers coach Mike McCarthy admitted he was impressed with their lineup.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Heard last night that the Sunday game was the second highest rated NFL game on Fox since the network began carrying NFL games in 1995(?).

I forget what the highest rated game was.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I found this article kind of fun.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/68817222.html

Here's an excerpt.
                    Anyone can throw a bunch of money at free agents and trade away high picks for players. It takes talent to stock the bottom 3rd of the roster with solid guys who can switch positions and contribute here and there while keep the team the youngest in the league every year.

In all seriousness, the Vikings have done a good job with some key moves for impact guys. I see the biggest moves though as a couple of very high draft picks who they were fortunate enough to be in a position to draft because they had bad seasons corresponding with when these guys entered the league. When the Packers haven't timed their bad years out well at all when it comes to the draft. The Vikings got Adrian Peterson and Kevin Williams with high picks when the Packers seemed stuck with guys like AJ Hawk and Jamal Reynolds who the experts had rated about where they were picked. That to me has been the most frustrating part of it when it comes to their build thru the draft philosophy. That and I really think they've been looking toward this impending no cap year in not loading up on big contracts in case it drags out.

Comment

poyb, do you work Sundays? If not, I may have an extra for either the Dallas game or the SF game if you are interested. I still have a little wheeling and dealing to do yet, so I'm not 100% sure how it will shake down. If it does happen, it would be you and I and I'm not sure about who else. It may work out that I use 2 and sell 2 for the Dallas game. Let me know if you are available and/or interested in either and I'll let you know in the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                        poyb, do you work Sundays? If not, I may have an extra for either the Dallas game or the SF game if you are interested. I still have a little wheeling and dealing to do yet, so I'm not 100% sure how it will shake down. If it does happen, it would be you and I and I'm not sure about who else. It may work out that I use 2 and sell 2 for the Dallas game. Let me know if you are available and/or interested in either and I'll let you know in the next couple of days.
                        I do not work Sundays, no. I would be interested in the Dallas game! I believe I am already going to the San Fran game. Send me an email if you want: coachbrad34@juno.com Thanks MW!
                        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Comment

*****http://pics.livejournal.com/amandabynight/pic/0007yf0s/s320x240******

I think we just made our Love Connection...we will be back in 2 and 2!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            *****http://pics.livejournal.com/amandabynight/pic/0007yf0s/s320x240******

I think we just made our Love Connection...we will be back in 2 and 2!

I know how much beer the two of us can drink and I know how much they cost. If Chuck is willing to pay for it, he can call it a date if he wants.

Brad, I should know something in the next 2 or 3 days and I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                              I know how much beer the two of us can drink and I know how much they cost. If Chuck is willing to pay for it, he can call it a date if he wants.

Brad, I should know something in the next 2 or 3 days and I'll let you know.
                              Ubeknownst to me, my girlfriend made plans for us on the Sunday of the Dallas game. I am kind of upset by this...it would have been a fun game to go to had you had an extra ticket. However, since this relationship is still in its infancy, I would prefer to keep it going for a little while, so I have to turn the game down.

Comment

Well MW4 it appears we don't have a match, but we hope you had fun playing the game and we are going to send you home with the home version of the game and a years supply of Rice o Roni, the San Fransisco treat!

Maybe next time you should try "Press Your Luck"
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X