Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LOL @ North Korea

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I believe that the island (atoll) is still there though.
    Nope. The island was scuttled due to budget cutbacks as well.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Wouldn't Hawai'i and Alaska be in range as well?? Nuking Hawai'i would screw up a lot of vacations, along with Trans-Pacific trade. If they hit Anchorage, Air freight travel would be screwed up for a while, but I would guess that they would be able to figure out another location up there that would work for having an air freight hub that can hit up most of the northern hemisphere.
      According to the map I saw on the news last night Alaska and Hawaii are both out of range. The map could have been wrong and the North Koreans may have increased their range, but it seems the worst they could do to the US is nuke the South, Japan or Guam.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Are you worried about Guam sinking because of a US military buildup on the island, too?

ETA: Excuse me, it's a concern about tipping over.

Wow.... That is a special kind of special
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

I've been following really close because one of my high school classmates lives in Nagoya with his wife and daughter. If Fat man tries anything, I'll go bomb-bomb style.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Wasn't it in June 1950 when the Commies invaded the SK democratic dictatorship?

I'm betting on the 63rd anniversary.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Wouldn't Hawai'i and Alaska be in range as well?? Nuking Hawai'i would screw up a lot of vacations, along with Trans-Pacific trade. If they hit Anchorage, Air freight travel would be screwed up for a while, but I would guess that they would be able to figure out another location up there that would work for having an air freight hub that can hit up most of the northern hemisphere.
              That would be my real worry in that scenario...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Wasn't it in June 1950 when the Commies invaded the SK democratic dictatorship?

I'm betting on the 63rd anniversary.
                I've been hearing April 15 for Kim Il Sung's birthday.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Maybe we should take Jimmy Carter up on his offer to mediate. If we're really lucky they might decide to hold him hostage once he's over there. After awhile they'd have to pay us to take him back!

our stealth diplomacy, eh?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    Maybe we should take Jimmy Carter up on his offer to mediate. If we're really lucky they might decide to hold him hostage once he's over there. After awhile they'd have to pay us to take him back!

our stealth diplomacy, eh?
                    To paraphrase Chris Rock, If Jesse Jackson were still around he could tell Kim if he really wanted to make the Americans mad then agree to terms that he negotiates.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/12/wo...anted=all&_r=0

Ruh roh... Sounds like the Pentagon now believes North Korea has the technology to miniaturize a nuclear warhead...
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Peek a Boo

*****http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8387/8643077997_43dcdda39d_z.jpg******
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Don't know if this one there, but what the heck.

http://imgur.com/TSRh0qL

Comment

I learned 2 things a long time ago: NEVER get scared on a flight until you see the Flight Attendants looking nervous; and when driving in a storm, NEVER pull over and stop until you see truckers pulled over on the side of the road. So, until I see Dennis Rodman going into an underground bunker.... all is OK
                            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                              I learned 2 things a long time ago: NEVER get scared on a flight until you see the Flight Attendants looking nervous; and when driving in a storm, NEVER pull over and stop until you see truckers pulled over on the side of the road. So, until I see Dennis Rodman going into an underground bunker.... all is OK
                              So Dennis Rodman is the canary? :-) not the worm?
                              - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Go you Green and White
                              Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight with all your might!
                              Rah! Rah! Rah!
                              We are here to cheer you
                              We are out to win your fame,
                              So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

This one was shared on Facebook today so I thought I'd put it here...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/482880_371254186325379_984128897_n_zps288b82b5.jpg******

So what happened? I thought we'd be nuked by now.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the bird flu to get here sometime in June. Personally, I'd rather go out in a flash.

Comment

Working...
                                X