Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LOL @ North Korea

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Not sure what your point is here (not a slight, I'm just not sure)

If you mean Midway is within range of their nukes, it isn't. American bases in Japan and Guam are.
    If you mean we could hit them back quickly, I don't know how much military hardware we even have there. The bulk of our bombers are located on US soil and can fly pretty much anywhere in the world and come home, but that will take time. China could very easily march troops south and render our bombers irrelevant.
    It was a futile attempt at a joke from WWII about how whoever controls Midway controls that entire area.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      It was a futile attempt at a joke from WWII about how whoever controls Midway controls that entire area.
      Ah. Got it. I'm still mostly asleep so humor is lost on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post

If you mean Midway is within range of their nukes, it isn't. American bases in Japan and Guam are.
        If you mean we could hit them back quickly, I don't know how much military hardware we even have there. The bulk of our bombers are located on US soil and can fly pretty much anywhere in the world and come home, but that will take time. China could very easily march troops south and render our bombers irrelevant.
        Hopefully we have a few aircraft carriers and subs off the Korean coast that could respond quickly if the NK's go off the rails.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Hopefully we have a few aircraft carriers and subs off the Korean coast that could respond quickly if the NK's go off the rails.
          I believe on Tuesday they said they'd attack tomorrow.

That's come and gone. No attack.

Comment

I believe on Tuesday they said they'd attack tomorrow.

That's come and gone. No attack.
            Do they have calendars? That could hamper their attack plans.

I believe we have moved more military hardware into the area. The key piece according to a news clip I saw is a Destroyer with early-launch detection capabilities. They are looking at a launch on Monday because that is supposedly Un's birthday.

Comment

I think Un's grandfather's birthday is next week. That might be a date he could pull something.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I believe we have moved more military hardware into the area. The key piece according to a news clip I saw is a Destroyer with early-launch detection capabilities. They are looking at a launch on Monday because that is supposedly Un's birthday.
                It's also possible that the definition of a day is different. After all, we could still be in God's seventh day, and on the eighth day, God could decide to destroy everything and start over again.

Comment

It's also possible that the definition of a day is different. After all, we could still be in God's seventh day, and on the eighth day, God could decide to destroy everything and start over again.
                  That day could be Saturday if St. Cloud actually wins a championship

Comment

That day could be Saturday if St. Cloud actually wins a championship
                    If Un plans on attacking when one of the North Country teams wins a title, we could be waiting awhile.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Calendars are an invention of the Aurignacian capitalist pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Calendars are an invention of the Aurignacian capitalist pigs.
                        Time is an arbitrary invention of the suits! If it ain't 5/4, I got nuttin' to do with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Don't we still have Midway?
                          Midway naval and air bases were turned into museums during the Clinton military cutbacks.
                          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Go you Green and White
                          Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight with all your might!
                          Rah! Rah! Rah!
                          We are here to cheer you
                          We are out to win your fame,
                          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                            Midway naval and air bases were turned into museums during the Clinton military cutbacks.

I believe that the island (atoll) is still there though.

Comment

Wouldn't Hawai'i and Alaska be in range as well?? Nuking Hawai'i would screw up a lot of vacations, along with Trans-Pacific trade. If they hit Anchorage, Air freight travel would be screwed up for a while, but I would guess that they would be able to figure out another location up there that would work for having an air freight hub that can hit up most of the northern hemisphere.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Don't we still have Midway?
                                Are you worried about Guam sinking because of a US military buildup on the island, too?

ETA: Excuse me, it's a concern about tipping over.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X