Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LOL @ North Korea

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Seriously, I wonder if the Chinese think that it might be in their best interests to take Lil' Kim out and help the Norks discover the 21st century and all that it has to offer.
    My thoughts exactly. Let them set up a puppet government and take over the South in about 30 years via trade.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Well - everything but the last three paragraphs.

Seriously, I wonder if the Chinese think that it might be in their best interests to take Lil' Kim out and help the Norks discover the 21st century and all that it has to offer.
      I thought it was a nice touch to have the Delta guys saying that popping him would put them even with the SEALS. However, I do believe an argument could be made for the guys who dug Saddam out of his spider hole as having the lead.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        I thought it was a nice touch to have the Delta guys saying that popping him would put them even with the SEALS. However, I do believe an argument could be made for the guys who dug Saddam out of his spider hole as having the lead.
        I thought Saddam was in Canada pretending to be the new Prime Minister...

Comment

At some point it's going to be Kim III will have to poop or get off the pot. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...gime-close-to/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            At some point it's going to be Kim III will have to poop or get off the pot. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...gime-close-to/
            I am not for war, but I really wish China would squash this bug and if they don't - Please Kim launch something so we pop you like an annoying zit.
            - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
            Go you Green and White
            Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight with all your might!
            Rah! Rah! Rah!
            We are here to cheer you
            We are out to win your fame,
            So, Go Bemidji Beavers
            Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
              I am not for war, but I really wish China would squash this bug and if they don't - Please Kim launch something so we pop you like an annoying zit.
              Yeah, let's hope x thousands die so the world has an excuse to strike.

Comment

Simplest fix for it all would be to have China come in and pimp slap Kim III out of there and have em install a new leader who's going to be a little more friendly to the rest of the world and his people as well. NK has been far to long the little yappy dog on a chain that's connected to a big dog house where big dog China sleeps. Sooner or later, China is going to wake up and want that little yappy dog to shut up so it can go back to sleep.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Simplest fix for it all would be to have China come in and pimp slap Kim III out of there and have em install a new leader who's going to be a little more friendly to the rest of the world and his people as well. NK has been far to long the little yappy dog on a chain that's connected to a big dog house where big dog China sleeps. Sooner or later, China is going to wake up and want that little yappy dog to shut up so it can go back to sleep.
                  That little yappy dog might be yapping because China wants it that way. We don't 100% know China's goals in NK. They could just be looking for a diversion from something else that's going on, like economic or ecological issues happening. That's all just speculation, but the point is that we don't know with certainty what China wants.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    That little yappy dog might be yapping because China wants it that way. We don't 100% know China's goals in NK. They could just be looking for a diversion from something else that's going on, like economic or ecological issues happening. That's all just speculation, but the point is that we don't know with certainty what China wants.
                    It comes down to, do they hate the US or NK more? Either way, either this is a colossal fail on NK's part (they really won't do anything, it's all propaganda to strengthen their leader) or it's a true action (or about-to-be action) where they will be crushed by superior forces.

Not worried, but even if I was, what good would it do, given it's nukes. About time to look for that baseball glove, just in case.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: LOL @ North Korea

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      It comes down to, do they hate the US or NK more? Either way, either this is a colossal fail on NK's part (they really won't do anything, it's all propaganda to strengthen their leader) or it's a true action (or about-to-be action) where they will be crushed by superior forces.

Not worried, but even if I was, what good would it do, given it's nukes. About time to look for that baseball glove, just in case.
                      I had been hearing that China likes having a communist state between it and South Korea, in order to keep its own people from trying to sneak across the border to defect. Whether or not that's true anymore, I don't know. The only reason for China to continue supporting NK is to save face with other allies in oil and mineral rich areas in which it's conducting trade. For the time being, NK just offers no great strategic gains other than serving as a distraction for China to continue supporting it publicly.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        You can't let the short man hold the wold hostage for forever.
                        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Go you Green and White
                        Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight with all your might!
                        Rah! Rah! Rah!
                        We are here to cheer you
                        We are out to win your fame,
                        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Thousands? Try millions. They can't hit us but Seoul is within reach and Tokyo could be.

How's this for a scenario: NK turns Seoul into a radioactive parking lot and even while US bombers are in the air, China moves in and takes the entire Korean peninsula -as a protective measure of course. Are we going to go to war or just allow them to turn Korea into a Chinese province?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Thousands? Try millions. They can't hit us but Seoul is within reach and Tokyo could be.

How's this for a scenario: NK turns Seoul into a radioactive parking lot and even while US bombers are in the air, China moves in and takes the entire Korean peninsula -as a protective measure of course. Are we going to go to war or just allow them to turn Korea into a Chinese province?
                            Don't we still have Midway?

Comment

*****http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/dma-morning-25.jpg******.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Don't we still have Midway?
                                Not sure what your point is here (not a slight, I'm just not sure)

If you mean Midway is within range of their nukes, it isn't. American bases in Japan and Guam are.
                                If you mean we could hit them back quickly, I don't know how much military hardware we even have there. The bulk of our bombers are located on US soil and can fly pretty much anywhere in the world and come home, but that will take time. China could very easily march troops south and render our bombers irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X