Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sede Vacate - the Interregnum and the 85th Conclave of the Roman Catholic Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sede Vacate - the Interregnum and the 85th Conclave of the Roman Catholic Church

the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Sede Vacate - the Interregnum and the 85th Conclave of the Roman Catholic Church

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Checked of his hotel and paid the bill. Holy white smoke, you'd think they would have comped him!
      He's been sequestered.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They're putting the Pope on a Fathead.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

A thoughtful and nuanced interview with Pope Francis here.

So far he seems pretty level-headed about things....

I heard a good joke from a Fordham graduate the other day:

"Let's see if I get this straight: a 79-year old man with only one kidney resigns as Pope, and so they replace him with a 76-year old man with only one lung?"
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            A thoughtful and nuanced interview with Pope Francis here.

So far he seems pretty level-headed about things....

I heard a good joke from a Fordham graduate the other day:

"Let's see if I get this straight: a 79-year old man with only one kidney resigns as Pope, and so they replace him with a 76-year old man with only one lung?"
            Fordham graduates must not be very smart. Benedict XVI is 85 (soon to be 86).
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Fordham graduates must not be very smart. Benedict XVI is 85 (soon to be 86).
              IIRC Fordham is a Jesuit college. My Dad was Class of '40. Just missed by a few days graduating @ 19.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The WSJ has a lengthy background story on the events at the conclave that led to Pope Francis' elevation.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                X