Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Thread 9: The Walking Dead Americans are completely Justified to be Psyched

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    There are two things that make me think I'm wrong.

1.) It seemed to happen very quickly. Most viruses aren't going to take you all the way down that fast. Maybe our perception of time is off though, which leads me to...

2.) It's too simple.

Probably something more like this:

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...ku-researchers

Like you said, the swine flu would take longer than that. Potter got sick in the afternoon and died/changed that night.

I'm sure that the dead pig has something to do with this and am guessing that the zombie virus and swine flu combined and mutated into an airborne variant of the zombie virus that no longer requires a bite or scratch to kill/change a live host.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-14-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Re: TV Thread 9: The Walking Dead Americans are completely Justified to be Psyched

There are two things that make me think I'm wrong.

1.) It seemed to happen very quickly. Most viruses aren't going to take you all the way down that fast. Maybe our perception of time is off though, which leads me to...

2.) It's too simple.
      My idea of an airborne virus that would decimate Rick's group might make sense in the real world, but falls apart in the TV world because, well, that would be the end of the show

I do wonder how we'll see the group respond though, in a world without science and technology. Will superstition and panic take over? The Black Plague spread so quickly because they assumed cats were bad luck and started killing them all, when in fact it was fleas on rats. If they hadn't killed so many cats, the Plague would have slowed or been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Probably something more like this:

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...ku-researchers

Like you said, the swine flu would take longer than that. Potter got sick in the afternoon and died/changed that night.

I'm sure that the dead pig has something to do with this and am guessing that the zombie virus and swine flu combined and mutated into an airborne variant of the zombie virus that no longer requires a bite or scratch to kill/change a live host.
        First of all, that link is terrifying. I washed my hands 5,474 times a day for a weeks after I saw "Contagion."

Second, I just remembered Rick looking at a extra creepy walker in the beginning, one that was bleeding from the eyes. That can't be a coincidence.
        Last edited by state of hockey; 10-14-2013, 07:29 PM.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Second, I just remembered Rick looking at a extra creepy walker in the beginning, one that was bleeding from the eyes. That can't be a coincidence.
          He was shown several times. I agree that it isn't a coincidence.

Comment

First of all, that link is terrifying. I washed my hands 5,474 times a day for a weeks after I saw "Contagion."

Yeah, it's only a matter of time.

I'm clinging to this though as myself and my immediate family got the swine flu in 2009 and obviously survived...

http://www.thejournal.ie/suffering-s...66831-Jan2011/

I've seen other reports that dispute this though and last winter we had mild cases of the seasonal flu even though we got the vaccine, so I'm probably dead with the rest of you.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-14-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Maybe just cholera?

Then again, probably not, as it appeared The Rat was suffering a fever, and only appeared to be discharging from the fore, and not aft as well.
              Last edited by rufus; 10-14-2013, 07:56 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The Black List just keep getting better by the way. Spader is phenomenal.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yes it does, they are doing a spectacular job of having a good episode plot as well has continuing to develop the over arching plots of why Reddington chose the Agent Keen and Keen's relationship with her husband...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

SOA redeemed itself tonight. THIS is what made me a fan of the show. Keep this up, and we're good.

"I've seen Smokey And The Bandit. Like, a THOUSAND times!" Gotta love Tig.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes he is...I mean he is great in pretty much everything but this is something way beyond!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        SOA redeemed itself tonight. THIS is what made me a fan of the show. Keep this up, and we're good.

"I've seen Smokey And The Bandit. Like, a THOUSAND times!" Gotta love Tig.
                        "Sorry for my behavior today"

Don't **** with SAMCRO...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I watched The Walking Dead a little late, but now that I have seen the season premier, I have to say, I like it. I think they did a pretty good job, and if it continues like this, the next season should be better than the last 2, which, IMO weren't as good as they should have been. My initial guess, for the illness in that episode is just a supervirus, that isn't the zombie virus, that will kill people, and I think it is definitely water-bourne, not airbourne.

I also watched Suday's episode of Homeland. Hated it. It didn't advance the story at all. I with they would have just given up on the Brody storyline, and taken the show a different direction. The Brody storyline was played out a season ago...
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On Tuesday night, South Park Studios lost power. From animation to rendering to editing and sound, all of our computers were down for hours and we were unable to finish episode 1704 "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" in time for air tonight. Trey Parker said, "It sucks to miss an air date but after all these years of tempting fate by delivering the show last minute, I guess it was bound to happen."
                            Thought this was interesting.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thought this was interesting.
                              What did they show instead? A recent rerun or something more classic?

Comment

I feel like 2 Broke Girls is making the same joke over and over and it's just not that funny anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X