Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Thread 9: The Walking Dead Americans are completely Justified to be Psyched

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
    Great news for season 2 of The Americans. Annet Mahendru will be promoted to a series regular next season which starts in Jan 2014.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/fxs-america...165012329.html

Looks like we get to see Nina work Beeman even harder next season.
    Wooohoooo!!!
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: TV Thread 9: The Walking Dead Americans are completely Justified to be Psyched

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      *****https://twitpic.com/show/full/coqbi4******
      I like this one more:
      *****http://25.media.tumblr.com/c6cb48479b6438a6d3dd3eff20470100/tumblr_mmdvz3CXkL1ruw1vso1_500.gif******

Comment

Wild Game of Thrones speculation (with major book spoilers, if you want to avoid that kind of thing):

What if Talisa is basically just a spy for Tywin, planted as a nurse at that battlefield to woo Robb? Perhaps she's even revealed to be Jeyne Westerling? I've had a thought in my head the last few days remembering the way the show portrayed her interacting with those prisoner Lannister boys, and how quickly Tywin found out about the Karstarks abandoning Robb. Is it more interesting for her to be revealed a spy, or to be killed at the RW?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Wild Game of Thrones speculation (with major book spoilers, if you want to avoid that kind of thing):[/COLOR]
          I dont think they would change such a major plot point...havent read the books but did find out about what you're referring to.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If she is who you speculate she might be, she can't die where you speculate she might die because the character you speculate she is has an ongoing role in the books, no?

Edit to add: I wasn't a big fan of the change from the books with Melisandre having a little trip off to the Riverlands to pick up Gendry. I guess it makes sense so as not to have to have Edric Storm in there (just too many characters, maybe), but still.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
              If she is who you speculate she might be, she can't die where you speculate she might die because the character you speculate she is has an ongoing role in the books, no?
              An undefined ongoing role, and a very limited one at that. If the story of her mother giving her an infertility potion is a lie, then she might be carrying Robb's child and potential heir to Winterfell.

It could be that I should have articulated better: I think she'll either be revealed to be a spy or be killed at the RW (especially since we've seen so little of Grey Wind and of bannermen not named Bolton or Karstark... the RW needs a high body count and we only have so many options right now). I suppose it's also possible that she either slips away or becomes a hostage, but neither of those have much dramatic potential down the line.

Edit to add: I wasn't a big fan of the change from the books with Melisandre having a little trip off to the Riverlands to pick up Gendry. I guess it makes sense so as not to have to have Edric Storm in there (just too many characters, maybe), but still.
              I'm alright with it. From what I recall (I'll have to check AWOIAF to make sure that I am recalling correctly), neither character really has all that much to do after book 3.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I'm alright with it. From what I recall (I'll have to check AWOIAF to make sure that I am recalling correctly), neither character really has all that much to do after book 3.
                Well... not YET anyway. Both are (as far as we've been led to believe) Robert's bastard sons and so might eventually come back into play.
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Well... not YET anyway. Both are (as far as we've been led to believe) Robert's bastard sons and so might eventually come back into play.
                  Only one bastard has been discussed during the show so far. Have I missed something about naming the other kid or have they omitted him from the TV show?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Only one bastard has been discussed during the show so far. Have I missed something about naming the other kid or have they omitted him from the TV show?
                    Sorry, I guess I sort of caused some book spoilage. In the books there's another bastard son of Robert Baratheon already at Dragonstone who isn't (yet at least) in the TV show, presumably because they're trying not to overdo it with the number of characters and overwhelm the viewers, and I'm figuring Melisandre is there bringing Gendry to Dragonstone to avoid adding that other character in.

Comment

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! OMG!!! 24 is coming back for a limited run!!

Comment

Finally all caught up on Mad Men again. I love how the second bombshell was setup, with Ted and Don just running into each other in a Detroit bar.

I had a touch of empathy for Pete when he chewed out Harry for his lack of respect for MLK in the aftermath of the assassination (even if his outrage was a bit over the top). That rapidly evaporated when he tried to use the incident with Trudy's dad to rekindle their relationship.

Comment

HIMYM will reveal the Mother this Monday. I'm predicting that they'll throw a curve ball and it's Wayne Brady.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            HIMYM will reveal the Mother this Monday. I'm predicting that they'll throw a curve ball and it's Wayne Brady.
                            Maybe there will be some Maury in there too. Sarah Chalke, you are... NOT THE MOTHER!

Also: 24! WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Our long nightmare is almost over, hallelujah!

Comment

I usually don't watch comedies at all but The Big Bang Theory was awesome last night.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X