Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 3: I Can't Believe I Share A Planet With THESE People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 3: I Can't Believe I Share A Planet With THESE People!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Considering the liberal media spent most of their Katrina coverage complaining about the color of the skin of someone who wasn't picked up by a helicopter because there wasn't enough room...

That would be moving the goal posts, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      The fact of the matter is that conservative pundits and politicians have in fact repeatedly said things exactly like what Priceless said, whether it was specific to Sandy or not. Hurricane Katrina being one of those times. The thing is that those people are FAR more relevant than "one of the creators of the Daily Show."

Who do you know from the Daily Show off the top of your head? Jon Stewart? The other on air talent? Did you ever hear of what's her face before the other day? I watch the Daily Show quite a bit and I never had. And I still don't remember her name.

Here are some interesting ideas from conservatives in regards to God's punishments...

Hurricane Katrina: http://mediamatters.org/research/200...as-gods/133804

Connecticut Shootings: http://www.examiner.com/article/jame...age-god-denial

”AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.” ~Jerry Falwell

There are more, but I'm done doing research for now.

Now you can say these are just religious whackos, but these religious whackos are undoubtedly known and heard (listened to) by many many more people than what's her face, who no one ever heard of until the right wing media made a stink. They also have influence within our government - which is the true scary part.

Again, I don't like what she tweeted, but people with FAR more influence and with a FAR greater reach say the same types of things. The difference is that they aren't saying these things in a weak attempt at humor or ripping the other side. They're serious.
      You make good points and nothing to argue about. You still didn't answer my questions or show my my "hissy fits" but that's ok. We're actually pretty well on the same page regarding these incidents. You don't stoop to what Clueless does, and that's enough for me to call a spade a spade: You're not all that bad. Until the B1G season starts...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
        You make good points and nothing to argue about. You still didn't answer my questions or show my my "hissy fits" but that's ok. We're actually pretty well on the same page regarding these incidents. You don't stoop to what Clueless does, and that's enough for me to call a spade a spade: You're not all that bad. Until the B1G season starts...

Maybe "hissy fit" was a bit strong, but you went after Priceless with a lot of gusto which surprised me because he wasn't far off point. Maybe you two have a history that I am unaware of.

Just drives me nuts when people (not necessarily you - mostly TV types & politicians who clearly have an agenda) make a huge deal out of one situation while ignoring a seemingly similar one. I know it happens on both sides, and it shouldn't.

Have fun finishing 2nd in the B1G.

Comment

Have fun finishing 2nd in the B1G.
          Behind who? Michigan?

(just trying to get this thread closed!)

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Which is hilarious, given the recent news about them.
            The recent news is the reason. Though I don't believe for a second they're donating any anything to a charity.

Actually, online bullying was the whole reason that they said yes to the show in the first place, according to their interviews.
            They can't tell the difference between a bad review and online bullying.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

When you gotta go..

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...k_about_b.html
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Maybe "hissy fit" was a bit strong, but you went after Priceless with a lot of gusto which surprised me because he wasn't far off point.
                What do you expect from a Gopher fan?

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  What is with all of these NP posts from THIS AREA?!?!

Comment

Considering the liberal media spent most of their Katrina coverage complaining about the color of the skin of someone who wasn't picked up by a helicopter because there wasn't enough room...
                    50,000. That's the number of overwhelmingly black folks rescued from their flooded homes in NO by overwhelmingly white Coast Guard kids. Racists.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      You know, I was expecting to read about a couple of college age kids, maybe a fraternity prank...I wasn't expecting senior citizens

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Where are the usual suspects to offer their anger and tell us they should at least wait until the dead are counted and buried? Or do they only get mad at people on the other side of the aisle?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
                        Speaking only for myself, there are far too many loonies, crackpots and cranks out there for me to worry about every moronic ejaculation. Or, for that matter, any of their moronic ejaculations. This obsession you have with keeping score. Of being unable to simply admit that somebody said something stupid because in a larger sense they're generally on "your" side borders on a character flaw.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                        X