Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2013...year of the driver swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2013...year of the driver swap!

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    More and more lately, Red Bull officials have been ripping on Renault. Though Renault admits they are looking externally for answers, we all know Newey designs are notorious for cooling issues. I wonder how much of this is Red Bull deflecting away from their own design problems...
    I think RB will know a lot more in a day or two. Here's hoping for the best (RB failure!).

The longer this waking up process goes on without any sort of news has me more and more worried this is not going to end well.
    My thoughts exactly.
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
      I think RB will know a lot more in a day or two. Here's hoping for the best (RB failure!).
      Grosjean handed the Lotus E22 its public debut, but completed only seven laps before software and battery problems put an end to his day. Furthermore, the Frenchman was out-paced by the Caterham of Frijns, who had a much longer run and completed 26 laps.

The problems continued for the Renault-powered cars, though.

The Torro Rosso suffered an oil leak, which prevented new signing Kvyat from recording a lap in the morning, while the Red Bull kept its RB10 behind closed doors.

When Vettel eventually did come onto the track - with less than an hour remaining in the afternoon session - he was only able to complete 14 laps.

--PlanetF1.com
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Renault has some big time issues, apparently with the kinetic recovery system, there was a good read @ Racer.com. They are down to 3 weeks before they are live firing. This could be a very interesting start to the season. Merc is still on top in testing.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The longer this waking up process goes on without any sort of news has me more and more worried this is not going to end well.
          my thoughts (and concerns) exactly.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

wow!

http://www.racer.com/index.php/indyc...on-motorsports

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Well there might be an awful lot of retirements judging from the test results. Maybe someone else besides RB will win a race.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Jacques Villeneuve is the racing equivalent of Willie Mays...
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Well there might be an awful lot of retirements judging from the test results. Maybe someone else besides RB will win a race.
                  Nah, they'll figure it out just in time to put the improvements on Vettel's car. Ricciardo meanwhile will retire on lap 27.

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                    Nah, they'll figure it out just in time to put the improvements on Vettel's car. Ricciardo meanwhile will retire on lap 27.
                    What's the over/under in number of races before Ricciardo hears the "move over" command?
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

so...Kurt Busch eh?

Busch, Villeneuve, Montoya...that just might be enough to move the needle for INDY this year.

I read about the old days when Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Jochen Rindt (IIRC) and then later Cale Yarborough, Donnie and Bobby Allison came to INDY to race and I wish I were born a bit earlier...Hopefully Busch's move along w/Villeneuve will help plant a seed in other drivers heads to try INDY and once again make it the Greatest Spectacle in Racing.

Comment

Love this quote from Christian Horner on Red Bull's problems in testing:

"This is the tenth day of testing and we are about ten days behind I reckon."

BTW, we need a new thread for 2014 with a witty title. Calling on joecct...

P.S. So now Bernie wants to go to Baku, Azerbaijan.
                        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-06-2014, 07:50 AM.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

BTW, we need a new thread for 2014 with a witty title Calling on joecct...

P.S. So now Bernie wants to go to Baku, Azerbaijan.
                          will be a tough title, we have one pretty stable series who should be able to field more than 33 cars in May, but wants to make a big change to have better cars, and one series that hasn't seen this kind of change since turbos were banned- and even then- it wasn't nearly this much.

F1 is going to be really interesting- I read that top speeds are higher, but we know cornering speeds will be lower- with the greater delta between top and bottom speeds- maybe we will see more passing??? Seems reasonable to dream. as of this post 8 days and 4 hours to P1 down under to really start the new season. Just over 3 weeks to the start of the Indy car season.

Comment

Have no fear, I am sure that if RB doesn't perform well after about 3 GP's then they will find something to complain about to the FIA and magically a rule or spec will be changed that will ultimately benefit them.
                            My Four Favorite teams:
                            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X