Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Between this and LeBron in the Finals...First Take has just written itself for the next month...
    Sportscenter was on at my in-laws house when I got there over the weekend. I didn't see the entire context of it, but there was a slow-mo shot of LeBron's smiling face with the title "A Beautiful Mind". What a bunch of kiss-asses.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• I won't be surprised if BB has him playing Safety sometime this year. Some Pats WR's have been better DB's than the other team's starting DB.

Goal line/short yardage safety might be in his future.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Tebow beats Buffalo by 20 on the last week of the year when New England rests Brady. Calling it.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Credit Faux John Madden on the Tweeter Machine, but NFL's reaction to the Tebow signing:

*****http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/6503d208ecca042265b601f153f32767_large******
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            Tebow beats Buffalo by 20 on the last week of the year when New England rests Brady. Calling it.
            But what if the opponent is a whole team full of Ditkas?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Tebow beats Buffalo by 20 on the last week of the year when New England rests Brady.
              What are you? On dope?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                What are you? On dope?
                Pats have their seed locked up and don't want to hurt anybody in Week 17 against a Bills team that will be playing for a top five pick. It's a plausible scenario.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Pats have their seed locked up and don't want to hurt anybody in Week 17 against a Bills team that will be playing for a top five pick. It's a plausible scenario.
                  It's Bill. Try again.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...red_smoot_ama/

Go read Fred Smoot's AMA right now. (Very much NSFW.)

We have a frontrunner for fantasy team name of the year.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Not sure if anyone (else) has been following ESPN's "Top 20 Greatest NFL Coaches" series (or if anyone cares!).

They had a few "w-t-f were they thinking?" picks.

How can the man who taught Bill Walsh how to coach, who has more wins and more championships than Walsh, be ranked four spots lower?

It seems to me that a general consensus would be more like

1. Lombardi
                      2. Paul Brown
                      3. Don Shula
                      4. George Halas
                      5. Bill Walsh
                      6. Chuck Noll

If you were to rank overall influence on pro football, from player - coach - owner -league official, Halas would have to be # 1 by a mile (yeah he was never formally a league "official" but he sure used his influence in several important ways to improve the league for all teams, not just his).
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Not sure if anyone (else) has been following ESPN's "Top 20 Greatest NFL Coaches" series (or if anyone cares!).

They had a few "w-t-f were they thinking?" picks.

How can the man who taught Bill Walsh how to coach, who has more wins and more championships than Walsh, be ranked four spots lower?

It seems to me that a general consensus would be more like

1. Lombardi
                        2. Paul Brown
                        3. Don Shula
                        4. George Halas
                        5. Bill Walsh
                        6. Chuck Noll

If you were to rank overall influence on pro football, from player - coach - owner -league official, Halas would have to be # 1 by a mile (yeah he was never formally a league "official" but he sure used his influence in several important ways to improve the league for all teams, not just his).
                        ESPN doesn't deserve my, or anyone else's attention.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          ESPN doesn't deserve my, or anyone else's attention.
                          This.

That said, I'm dvr-ing their one hour special on Lombardi tonight.

Edited to add:

http://deadspin.com/espn-mentioned-t...utes-512618294

and

*****http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18qhyj8gj0bjrjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg******
                          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                          X