Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Video showed pretty clearly he broke the plane before he was down.

And for everyone else... The booth had already buzzed for the review prior to the challenge flag being thrown. That meant the review had to continue. That's the big difference from Thanksgiving and the Arizona game the week before. Thus, the 15 yard penalty.
    I really don't think he broke the plane before the knee hit. Either way, I don't think MN would have stopped GB from a TD at that point anyway.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      MN is undefeated against GB in the playoffs, so why not?
      Thank God that's about to be rectified...
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
        And for everyone else... The booth had already buzzed for the review prior to the challenge flag being thrown. That meant the review had to continue. That's the big difference from Thanksgiving and the Arizona game the week before. Thus, the 15 yard penalty.
        doesn't wash... according to the tgiving game, if a bench throws out the challenge beanie on a score/turnover, "by rule" the play is not reviewable.

the rule had to have been changed, or the refs royally f 'ed up. either way i can see any situation in the playoffs now following through with a review and then only the 15y penalty. but the play will be righted. which i agree is how it should be undertaken.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Brady/Peyton AFC Championship hype has already begun, which probably means that one of them won't make it. If they do, the hype will become unbearable, with the only saving grace being that, unlike the Super Bowl, there's only one week for the overkill to build up.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Brady/Peyton AFC Championship hype has already begun, which probably means that one of them won't make it. If they do, the hype will become unbearable, with the only saving grace being that, unlike the Super Bowl, there's only one week for the overkill to build up.
            Famine or flood is the only type of event that can prevent this game.. Wish it was here so I could go see it. What a show it can be
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sadly, that means one of them will make it to the Super Bowl. Let the fawning begin.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Sadly, that means one of them will make it to the Super Bowl. Let the fawning begin.
                Go Donkeys. (hey, they haven't been this good since Elway retired.)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  doesn't wash... according to the tgiving game, if a bench throws out the challenge beanie on a score/turnover, "by rule" the play is not reviewable.

the rule had to have been changed, or the refs royally f 'ed up. either way i can see any situation in the playoffs now following through with a review and then only the 15y penalty. but the play will be righted. which i agree is how it should be undertaken.
                  My guess is that because it didn't apply in the Thanksgiving game that it wasn't brought up. This was the first I had heard of the time issue on the rule but Mike Pereira, the FOX ref analyst, had it right away explaining why it was only 15 yd penalty.

I think everyone agrees the rule is dumb and the 15 yard penalty should be appropriate in all situations.

Comment

Let the mayhem begin!

Eagles fire Andy Reid.

Bears fire Lovie Smith despite going 10-6 and missing the playoffs on a Vikings semi-miracle.

Jets fire Tannenbaum and keep Rex Ryan.

Browns fire Shurmur and their GM.

Chargers expected to fire Norv Turner and their GM.

Chiefs fire Crennel, keep Pioli.

Bills fire Gailey.

Lions taking a hard look at Schwartz, but I doubt it. Too much time left on his contract and he's too new.
                    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Bears fire Lovie Smith despite going 10-6 and missing the playoffs on a Vikings semi-miracle.

Bills fire Gailey.
                      Probably because they started 7-1 and missed the playoffs by going 3-5 the rest of the way. That's Lions like failure right there.

I think MountieBoy and Brent are doing a happy dance...now, watch them hire Eric Mangini.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Probably because they started 7-1 and missed the playoffs by going 3-5 the rest of the way. That's Lions like failure right there.

I think MountieBoy and Brent are doing a happy dance...now, watch them hire Eric Mangini.

MNS, the Bills will hire Cam Cameron.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Cards fire Ken Whisenhunt and GM Rod Graves. JFC. Will it end?

We need to get Oprah in here.

YOU get a pink slip! YOU get a pink slip! YOU get a pink slip!
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Fully understanding that Rogers and GB could *****-slap the Vikings on Saturday:
                            *****http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1365561/aaronmad.gif******

Comment

Yeah I'll be rooting for the Vikes, but I think the Packers will win fairly easily. If they play 10 times, the Pack might win 7 or 8 of them.
                              UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                                Yeah I'll be rooting for the Vikes, but I think the Packers will win fairly easily. If they play 10 times, the Pack might win 7 or 8 of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X