Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 NFL Season: 15 Yard Penalty For Playing Football (c)

I thought they would implode too. A disturbing trend in recent years when the other team makes adjustments in the second half the Vikes can't seem to match. Today was well played.

Comment

Screwing over the Bears works as a silver lining for me.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Good grief. That tackle belongs in a rodeo, not on a football field.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

so the nfl DID change the rule on throwing a flag for non-challengeable calls? i saw gb was only marked off the 15yds and the replay ended up allowing their td today.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            so the nfl DID change the rule on throwing a flag for non-challengeable calls? i saw gb was only marked off the 15yds and the replay ended up allowing their td today.
            The review had already started, so the flag rule didn't apply or something like that. Also not a scoring play (at the time), but don't know if that makes a difference.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The review had already started, so the flag rule didn't apply or something like that. Also not a scoring play (at the time), but don't know if that makes a difference.
              Ruled a turnover. Turnovers are automatically reviewed as well...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Ruled a turnover. Turnovers are automatically reviewed as well...
                It was a bunch of WHARRGARBLE. Should have been 1st and goal at the 15, GB ball. GB's knee was down before he crossed the plane/fumbled, IMO.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

but they just stop the review then (like in the DET game on tgiving). all scores and to's are reviewed - unless a red bag is thrown.

they did give a 15y penalty, so we know they saw it. but they continued the review and overturned what was called on the field (according to tv).

entirely a 180 from what happened on tgiving.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    but they just stop the review then (like in the DET game on tgiving). all scores and to's are reviewed - unless a red bag is thrown.

they did give a 15y penalty, so we know they saw it. but they continued the review and overturned what was called on the field (according to tv).

entirely a 180 from what happened on tgiving.
                    Like I said: WHARRGARBLE.

Comment

Jeebus is ESPN going to devote a full hour to one effing game?

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but with the way Minnesota's last two weeks have gone, is there any reason they can't make some kind of run?
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Maybe it's just me, but with the way Minnesota's last two weeks have gone, is there any reason they can't make some kind of run?
                          How badly is Harrison Smith hurt? Can Winfield come back? How ticked is Green Bay?

These are the things that we need to know.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

MN is undefeated against GB in the playoffs, so why not?

Comment

Yes, he wears #7
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

It was a bunch of WHARRGARBLE. Should have been 1st and goal at the 15, GB ball. GB's knee was down before he crossed the plane/fumbled, IMO.
                                Video showed pretty clearly he broke the plane before he was down.

And for everyone else... The booth had already buzzed for the review prior to the challenge flag being thrown. That meant the review had to continue. That's the big difference from Thanksgiving and the Arizona game the week before. Thus, the 15 yard penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X