Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 DI BCS Thread: Thorthu Thame ish bacth!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 DI BCS Thread: Thorthu Thame ish bacth!

Pretend Lou Holtz is one of my favorite accounts on Twitter.

It would seem that almost every team has a special uniform or helmet for their bowl game.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: 2013 DI BCS Thread: Thorthu Thame ish bacth!

Recruiting tactic. I'm not a huge fan, even as a young guy, but the recruits love it.

Wisconsin has to replace it's strength and conditioning guy even.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Thread title reminds me of the cell company commercial where dad is trying to get the most of their meager cell plan minutes, based on most something or other. the tween girl pipes up; 'Mossht Dento verk'. Dad looks at her and says, 'What??'
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Lou Holtz is a Klingon. That explains everything.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not quite sure to spell how he would say, "back".
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I really, really hope this is the beginning of Wisconsin turning back into a doormat.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I really, really hope this is the beginning of Wisconsin turning back into a doormat.
              It will be interesting to see. The margin for error at a school like Wisconsin is slim. (See Iowa)
              AF 99

Comment

Margin for error slim at Iowa? If it was thin, Ferentz would have gotten the boot already.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Margin for error slim at Iowa? If it was thin, Ferentz would have gotten the boot already.
                  The margin to not win is different than the margin to get canned. Almost no school is going to quickly give a coach a $20 million golden parachute for losing. That what happened at Iowa when they gave the coach a high value long term extension and the program fell on its face.

Comment

So... the margin isn't razor thin?
                    Code:

Comment

Due to recruiting disadvantages the margin of error is slim; develop the talent poorly or misjudge recruits and you go 4-8 or worse.
                      AF 99

Comment

Or you're just a hack of a coach who managed to swindle a massive buyout from your school.
                        Code:

Comment

Or you're just a hack of a coach who managed to swindle a massive buyout from your school.
                          It's happening all over college football. Coaches hire professional agents and ADs get hammered by the agents. Darren Rovell does a good job somewhere of explaining this.
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            It's happening all over college football. Coaches hire professional agents and ADs get hammered by the agents. Darren Rovell does a good job somewhere of explaining this.
                            Other schools hire people like Brewster?
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              The margin to not win is different than the margin to get canned. Almost no school is going to quickly give a coach a $20 million golden parachute for losing. That what happened at Iowa when they gave the coach a high value long term extension and the program fell on its face.
                              Did he have assistants that have moved on? I follow Notre Dame more than other schools and while there are multiple reasons they are doing well, their recruiting director, Tony Alford, is essential. Their DC stayed for now but will likely leave at some point. Without that D the Irish are 8-4 at best this year.

Losing Diaco, would hurt immediately. Losing Alford would hurt in 2 years and forward.

If a coach shows up some place with a really good OC or DC they could be good for a few years, but maybe they only knew that guy because somebody else had hired them both to their staff. Maybe the HC can't attract good assistants, maybe he isn't strong at interviewing, maybe his pay reduces funds for qualified assistants...I doubt a guy just loses his ability but I've seen plenty of people look good in a job until their 2IC leaves for another role.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X