Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jose
    Hello friends here. Happy to join in you. Which basketball team or player is your favorite? Getting jerseys of your loved team and player to cheer for them form www.wholesalesjerseysupply.com, a safe and legit online jerseys store, supplying high-quality and low-priced jerseys.
    ****ing moron get the **** out of here
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

*****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/905773_370788649702142_1231530607_o.jpg******
      Which is it?

Comment

We had 49 entries in our pool (50 if you count Obama's). 16 of them picked Louisville to win.

2nd year in a row that the overall # 1 seed won.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

One thing that has dramatically changed, and I think for the worse, is the allowance for players to grab for the ball and get a jump ball when they essentially have fouled the offensive player 9 times in the course of the tie up.

And one other thing...used to be if you fell down or rolled around it was traveling. Now, not only can players roll around but, due to my first point, the second player is allowed to jump on them and start a process that looks more like wrestling than basketball.

Fouling somebody and then getting a tie up isn't allowed in the rules. I'll go out on a limb and say there used to be 3-4 jump balls a game 15 years ago. Seems now there are a dozen+ a game, most of which are not joint possession of a loose ball...mostly it is one person has clear possession and the other person grabs them as they eventually fall to the floor.

This detracts from the game, slows it down and leads to more and more physical play at the expense of the game. Thank you, please work on this.

{steps off soap box, exits stage left}
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Wow.

Starting in 2000, half of the women's championships have been won by UConn (7 out of 14). This is getting Wooden-esque.
            Last edited by FreshFish; 04-09-2013, 10:03 PM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Noticed something a bit, hmm, what adjective to use?

Same school has both men's and women's team in NCAA Division I Championship Game:
              > 1999. Duke: men lose to UConn. (women lose to Purdue)
              > 2004. UConn: men and women both win.
              > 2013. Louisville: women lose to UConn. (men win)

Teams with most combined Division I basketball titles:
              UCLA - 11 (all men's, 10 under Wooden)
              UConn - 11 (3 men's, 8 women's)
              Kentucky - 8 (all men's)
              Tennessee - 8 (all women's)
              Last edited by FreshFish; 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Doug McDermott is now one of the most accomplished walk-ons in NCAA history. Gibbs got a sixth year, putting Creighton over the scholarship limit, so Papa McDermott will be paying his son's tuition this year.

Comment

Working...
                X