Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

Originally posted by jen View Post
    Missing a golden opportunity for a clever new name, the 7 Catholic Big East schools forming their own conference will keep the Big East name.

Also, Xavier and Butler will join, adding to DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall, and Villanova. Creighton also mentioned as a likely addition.
    That's a shame. I was looking forward to the Holy Ten (or 12 as it looks like they're trying to do). Or the Big Papal. I've heard rumors of Gonzaga but given their location and that the WCC is already Catholic-based with the exception of BYU, it's probably not likely.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      That's a shame. I was looking forward to the Holy Ten (or 12 as it looks like they're trying to do). Or the Big Papal. I've heard rumors of Gonzaga but given their location and that the WCC is already Catholic-based with the exception of BYU, it's probably not likely.
      So you're telling me there's another East-West Catholic schism?
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

When Illinois isn't hitting shots outside, they're REALLY bad. Iowa should be up at least 20 but instead only stretched it to 11. Probably not good.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Thank you, Villanova. Overachieving Marquette still has a shot at the Big East title - they just need to beat St. John's and they share it with whoever else wins from Georgetown and Louisville. Once again, they are ranked higher than I would like - which means they're going to lose on Saturday.

Comment

Big east officially splits. Hoping creighton gets an invite after winning the valley tourny this weekend.

Comment

Chooooooke.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The one time I hope for a UM victory...

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

That was an epic choke job. Our junior high basketball coach ran our asses off for better free throw shooting than that.

Hope nobody else wanted a piece of that Big Ten title.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Liberty just qualified for the tournament with a 15-20 record. I think they should play Georgetown in round 1.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Liberty just qualified for the tournament with a 15-20 record. I think they should play Georgetown in round 1.
                      They'll get a playin game in Dayton first.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        They'll get a playin game in Dayton first.
                        And last.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          And last.
                          Weird stuff can happen in those games. WKU was down 17 or 20 or something crazy with less than five minutes last year and came back to win.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            When Illinois isn't hitting shots outside, they're REALLY bad. Iowa should be up at least 20 but instead only stretched it to 11. Probably not good.
                            The same is true of Wisconsin. They really didn't deserve to win yesterday.
                            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Marquette tried really hard not to (co-)win the Big East, but alas, they did anyway. They were picked 7th in the league before the season.

Comment

Seton Hall over South Florida 46-42. Not at halftime. In overtime. Hooray for offensive basketball.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X