Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Basketball 2012-2013: The Year of the Big Ten?

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    The uconn nd matchup will be another classic.

I think the Delaware player was the best I've seen since her supporting cast was so weak. Teams put all their attention on her and she averaged 30 points. Louisville put their attention on Griner and she scored 14, most of which were over the back rebounds and put backs.
    I'm a huge fan of Delle Donne. She's actually a better volleyball player than a basketball player.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Rutgers fires HC Rice, which I agree with. Pac12 says Rush ok to offer bounty on coach, which I disagree with. The Rice thing is an easy decision but it also is a 1 guy, temporal thing. The Pac12 officiating issue impacts every game for as long as Rush is supervising officials. I actually thought Rush would be the first to see the firing line...and would have pointed out how the integrity of THE GAME, somehow sadly overshadowed Rice's treatment of individuals.

Kudos to Rutgers for getting it right the second time. Shame on Pac12 for allowing every fan, writer, coach and player to question the motivation for every game deciding call. It is one thing to whine about refs with an agenda after a loss, quite another when there is an example that is condoned by the league.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Nice conclusion to the Big East basketball league as we knew it.

Three of four teams in women's Final Four from Big East; Louisville in men's Final Four.

Dammed football! Not only did football conference affiliations screw up men's Division I ice hockey, they ruined what had been one of the best basketball conferences ever as well.

At least the non-football schools get to keep the Big East name and the tournament in MSG. But no UConn, no Syracuse, no more of those classics from history like a 6 overtime game in the conference tourney or a magic run to the Finals sparked by Kemba or Carmelo.

PS Kudos to Louisville, the tenth time a school has had a team reach the Final Four in both basketball tournaments in the same year (the seventh school to do so). Can they become the second team to win both in the same year as well?
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Sounds like the Goofs are going to hire Richard Pitino (Rick's son) as their new head coach.

I'd give a year's salary to see him ask for Ryan Saunders as an assistant.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Nice conclusion to the Big East basketball league as we knew it.

Three of four teams in women's Final Four from Big East; Louisville in men's Final Four.

Dammed football! Not only did football conference affiliations screw up men's Division I ice hockey, they ruined what had been one of the best basketball conferences ever as well.

At least the non-football schools get to keep the Big East name and the tournament in MSG. But no UConn, no Syracuse, no more of those classics from history like a 6 overtime game in the conference tourney or a magic run to the Finals sparked by Kemba or Carmelo.

PS Kudos to Louisville, the tenth time a school has had a team reach the Final Four in both basketball tournaments in the same year (the seventh school to do so). Can they become the second team to win both in the same year as well?
            I'd say winner of ND-UConn is going to win the final but perhaps they will be spent from what figures to be a battle in the semis. 3 games, 1 multi OT, a 1 ponter and a 2 pointer. ND has lost last two finals and doesn't want to be denied. I think ND or UConn is just that much deeper and will wear the Cardinals out...Baylor wasn't very deep. Can't speak for TN, don't know their status with the new coach but you have to figure they had more horses than Louisville, yet they sit at home.

If you go with experience, especially in the backcourt...ND has been to the finals 2 years in a row and has the best point guard in the country...you'd think that would help but Louisville is bucking that trend
            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Best things to happen to Ed Rush and the Pac12 were Ware's broken leg and Rice's firing. So much of the blowback on things depends on what else is in the news at the time.

I'm not sure how people can buy the "it was a joke" explanation since the guy was given a T late in a game on a questionable call during a semifinal that was eventually decided by 2 points.

Surprised Az St isn't more vocal about this.

Comment

Say goodnight, Wichita State. You had your chance and you gave it away.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jeebus. Wichita State down by 4 with 20 seconds left. I guess that's the perfect time to dick around on offense.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I like Pitino (don't ask me why), but good grief, Wichita State got what they deserved.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Horrible officiating in louisvilles favor especially with that jump ball with five seconds left
                      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

dammit!!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          Horrible officiating in louisvilles favor especially with that jump ball with five seconds left
                          That was a bad call, but Wichita sealed their fate before that. The way they were playing, they would have taken 12 seconds to bring the ball up court. No sense of urgency whatsoever.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            That was a bad call, but Wichita sealed their fate before that. The way they were playing, they would have taken 12 seconds to bring the ball up court. No sense of urgency whatsoever.
                            Agree a hundred percent. Unfortunate, was hoping the Shockers would prevail.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Apparently Michigan watched Wichita State play the 2nd half of their game.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Wow.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X