Computer Question # F4240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Question # F4240

Sorry for posting this first on the D-I forum.

Sometimes when I google something, it takes a while (less than a minute I am sure, but very noticeable) for the links to become clickable. Sometimes they are clickable immediately. Can someone explain what is happening and anything I can do to speed things up? I am using IE 8 on a Windows 7 machine. Any answers besides buy a Mac?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Computer Question # F4240

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Sorry for posting this first on the D-I forum.

Sometimes when I google something, it takes a while (less than a minute I am sure, but very noticeable) for the links to become clickable. Sometimes they are clickable immediately. Can someone explain what is happening and anything I can do to speed things up? I am using IE 8 on a Windows 7 machine. Any answers besides buy a Mac?
    Download and install Linux.

You said on the other thread that you have Google Chrome, yes? Do you experience the same issue with the same sites on that browser?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You said on the other thread that you have Google Chrome, yes? Do you experience the same issue with the same sites on that browser?
      You caught that before I decided to delete the thread.

I rarely use Chrome. It installed automatically when I installed something else and I forgot to check the "I don't want Chrome" box. (I forget what program it was.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I rarely use Chrome. It installed automatically when I installed something else and I forgot to check the "I don't want Chrome" box. (I forget what program it was.)
        It might be Adobe Flash Player. I forgot to check the "I don't want Chrome" box once and had to do a system restore to get my old stuff back. ychh.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          It might be Adobe Flash Player. I forgot to check the "I don't want Chrome" box once and had to do a system restore to get my old stuff back. ychh.
          It could have been, but I don't think that it did anything except install Chrome.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Might be something to try. That way, we can see if the issue is isolated to Internut Exploder.

Comment

Working...
            X