X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    you don't know anything about my ideology, obviously. My ideology would be quite effective in addressing each and everyone of the pressing issues facing our country.
    Based on your postings on this site, your ideology is that of a Neo-con. If that's wrong, then you have only yourself to blame for giving off that impression by posting link after link to the NY Post and Wall Street Journal editorial pages, with some random other conservative sites thrown in. As we've all seen from recent history, that ideology would not come close to addressing the pressing issues facing our country.
    Last edited by unofan; 09-27-2013, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    It would be really nice if PPACA were to accomplish what it set out to do. There is a major difference between intentions and results. I would be quite pleased if PPACA were somehow to work. Just as I would be pleased if you ever discovered good manners. Being realistic, however, I expect neither to happen. I also expect the latter to happen sooner than the former.

You seem to lack the essential sense of distinction needed between being a rabid unquestioning cheerleader and a rational person who observes the evidence and accepts empirical results.

PS. you don't know anything about my ideology, obviously. My ideology would be quite effective in addressing each and everyone of the pressing issues facing our country. Unfortunately, neither the Dummycrats nor the Repugnicans have any interest.
    How could it possibly accomplish anything??

You have over half the country and half the government who passed the ****ing law spending 100% of their time whining and crying about it. It's doomed. Always has been.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Rover-i would agree that it would be a win/win situation if you get more people enrolled and covered while lowering the cost of premiums-however, only if you are delivering either better medical care or certainly in the worst case scenario-at least the same level of care. It is that part that i am having a lot of trouble with.
    No doubt. Ultimately the system will have to prove itself. For the parts that have been implemented (80% of premiums have to go to care, kids can stay on parents insurance up to 26 years old, no lifetime caps, etc) seem to be working well. I'm not aware of any problems thus far.

So, if we get past the rhetoric and look at the evidence, we've seen an improvement, and all the while the growth of health care spending has come down. Beyond that we'll have to see but the concept of more people having more bargaining power seems logical in bringing down the costs.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    As much as you?

Fishy, its time for you to realize a sad truth. Your party and your ideology doesn't have clue about how to address any of the pressing issues facing the country. Worse, people see right through them. As everybody now knows, Obamacare will get more people to sign up than expected while costing less in premiums than expected. That's called "win-win" unless you're a knuckledragger, in which case you ought to be used to losing by now. Your anti-Obamacare efforts are doomed. Your ideology is a laughingstock. What else do you need to know?
    It would be really nice if PPACA were to accomplish what it set out to do. There is a major difference between intentions and results. I would be quite pleased if PPACA were somehow to work. Just as I would be pleased if you ever discovered good manners. Being realistic, however, I expect neither to happen. I also expect the latter to happen sooner than the former.

You seem to lack the essential sense of distinction needed between being a rabid unquestioning cheerleader and a rational person who observes the evidence and accepts empirical results.

PS. you don't know anything about my ideology, obviously. My ideology would be quite effective in addressing each and everyone of the pressing issues facing our country. Unfortunately, neither the Dummycrats nor the Repugnicans have any interest.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    As much as you?

Fishy, its time for you to realize a sad truth. Your party and your ideology doesn't have clue about how to address any of the pressing issues facing the country. Worse, people see right through them. As everybody now knows, Obamacare will get more people to sign up than expected while costing less in premiums than expected. That's called "win-win" unless you're a knuckledragger, in which case you ought to be used to losing by now. Your anti-Obamacare efforts are doomed. Your ideology is a laughingstock. What else do you need to know?
    Rover-i would agree that it would be a win/win situation if you get more people enrolled and covered while lowering the cost of premiums-however, only if you are delivering either better medical care or certainly in the worst case scenario-at least the same level of care. It is that part that i am having a lot of trouble with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X