X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    He didn't account for crazy/stupid people.
    What??? He most certainly did! That's how he got re-elected, by blatantly pandering to stupid people!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      What??? He most certainly did! That's how he got re-elected, by blatantly pandering to stupid people!

Comment

I think USCHO should establish the Wallace Hartley award. To be given monthly? (annually?) to the ******* who plays his violin most sincerely in the face of disaster. Obamacare (the rollout and the law) are disasters. And the *******s who post here know it. But Democrats up for reelection next year are heading for the lifeboats. Once again demonstrating the truth of the old expression about rats and sinking ships. Bon voyage.

During the government shutdown *******s chanted in unison: "Republicans own this." Well, sweeties, you own Obamacare. I'm guessing voters paying those increased premiums next year (you know, for policies that provide pre natal care for men and post menopausal women) will remember who's responsible.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I wish I could find the link. Some professor or left-wing political leader of some kind said that the concept that "it takes hard work to get ahead in life" is racist. Back in the 1980s, people spoke earnestly of the "right" to collect welfare.
          Democrats had the National Welfare Rights Organization prominently displayed at at least two conventions, on the podium, ranting away.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            That was an issue long before Obamacare. I've been hearing my entire adult life about the pending shortage of medical providers
            But never about a pending insufficiency of lawyers.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 10-31-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Priocless View Post
              Fixed your post. You and a couple other USCHO conservaginas, most notably our "libertarian" sociopath FlagDUDE, have proven time and time again with your platitudinous codswallop, that you've swallowed the Koch brothers' agenda - hook, line, and sinker. You are the ones obsessed with race (interesting for an ancient white guy such as yourself to be so keenly fixated on telling the black community his ideas for how they should behave themselves), you are the ones going apesh*t about every single thing Obama has tried to do, whilst subtly applauding the childish lack of negotiation from your side of the aisle, and you are the ones carping endlessly about "high" taxes and "wasteful" spending, whilst turning a blind eye to corporate subsidies and tax breaks. Why?
              Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls: this loser ain't me.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Show me a doctor who doesn't get paid, and I'll show you a bridge I have for sale.

Edit: once you get past college football and basketball coaches, the next highest salaries for state employees are typically doctors.
                If you had been smart enough, maybe you should have given medicine a shot. If you had been smart enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls: this loser ain't me.
                  Did you really think anyone would make that mistake?

Comment

If you are an unmarried male, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers maternity benefits.

If you are a childless couple in your 50s, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers pediatric care.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      I think USCHO should establish the Wallace Hartley award. To be given monthly? (annually?) to the ******* who plays his violin most sincerely in the face of disaster. Obamacare (the rollout and the law) are disasters. And the *******s who post here know it. But Democrats up for reelection next year are heading for the lifeboats. Once again demonstrating the truth of the old expression about rats and sinking ships. Bon voyage.

During the government shutdown *******s chanted in unison: "Republicans own this." Well, sweeties, you own Obamacare. I'm guessing voters paying those increased premiums next year (you know, for policies that provide pre natal care for men and post menopausal women) will remember who's responsible.
                      I was wondering the other day. How many times in 2014 are we going to see a political ad for a republican candidate that include Obama's sound bite "you like your old policy, you get to keep it"?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I was wondering the other day. How many times in 2014 are we going to see a political ad for a republican candidate that include Obama's sound bite "you like your old policy, you get to keep it"?
                        I hope Bart Stupak suffers from daily heartburn as he sees these events unfolding.

Comment

If you are an unmarried male, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers maternity benefits.

If you are a childless couple in your 50s, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers pediatric care.
                          I fail to see why that is a problem. As John Roberts said Obamacare is a TAX. As a TAX people will be paying for **** they don't want or need.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Rut will most certainly change-and you can take this one to the bank-is that the care you will be getting will not be for the most part by the most qualified person to give it. And even at that-the care you will get will be what is the most economical and not the most beneficial.
                            I am very sure that the "most qualified person to give it" is not from whom a vast majority of people are receiving their medical care from right now. So I doubt that most people will notice any difference in the level of medical care they are receiving. I have no delusions that the doctor I go to is most qualified in anything. If most people think they are seeing the most qualified doctor then they are deluding themselves.

Also, as I am sure you are aware, since the beginning of time medical care has always had economics involved. This is not a new thing. Is it going to play a larger role? Maybe, for some things I am sure. Overall, I doubt it will play out as bad as the critics believe. Time will tell though.
                            My Four Favorite teams:
                            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              As John Roberts said Obamacare is a TAX.
                              Not quite. Justice Roberts said that the "penalty" for not buying insurance is a tax. The premiums for health insurance are not a "tax."

You don't see a problem for person who lives in the mountains being required to buy flood insurance? or a person who lives in Iowa being required to buy insurance against earthquake damage?

Comment

Not quite. Justice Roberts said that the "penalty" for not buying insurance is a tax. The premiums for health insurance are not a "tax."

You don't see a problem for person who lives in the mountains being required to buy flood insurance? or a person who lives in Iowa being required to buy insurance against earthquake damage?
                                No. Since the Feds pay for flood damage and insurance anyway they're paying for flood insurance regardless if they thing they aren't or not. What part of we're all paying for **** we don't want to pay for don't you get?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X