X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by The Flatulant One View Post
    Stupid commentary on several levels.
    Apparently you are quite the expert on stupid comments, eh?
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Apparently you are quite the expert on stupid comments, eh?
      Not until you joined the message board.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So, to all of those gloating about PPACA, I was wondering... how many of those people were doing the same gloating about the Defense of Marriage Act?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          ...The drafters of PPACA were akin to those 16 year olds, but they didn't even allow any parents in the room....
          Well if half your parents simply tell you repeatedly your stupid and the other half are dems, would you really want any of the parents in the room?

The concept of providing health care for everyone at a lower cost than we are currently spending is a good one. The PPACA's execution of that concept is not likely going to be great. The Republicans will be in charge again at some point. When this occurs will they do anything to improve PPACA? No. They will let it continue flawed as it may be. They will be busy starting wars, creating fear, and giving tax breaks to oil and defense.

Comment

The Affordable Care Act authorizes an array of grants to local hospitals, community health clinics and doctor training programs, as well as public health initiatives to improve health and access to care. The billions of dollars in grants are awarded on a competitive basis, and lawmakers on the state and federal levels have sent letters endorsing applicants.

Texas Senator John Cornyn, the Republican whip, wrote to the Centers for Disease Control to recommend a grant for Houston and Harris County. Congressman Michael McCaul, a Republican and the chair of the Homeland Security Committee, wrote a letter praising the same grant request, calling the effort a “crucial initiative to achieve a healthier Houston/Harris County.” Senators Johnny Isakson and Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, Mark Kirk of Illinois and Thad Cochran of Mississippi also recommended grant request approval for public health or health clinic funding.

House Republicans and the Senate Republican Policy Committee have trashed the ACA’s Community Transformation grants as an Obamacare “slush fund.” In the letters seeking these grants, however, GOP lawmakers have heaped praise on their potential. Cornyn writes in his letter that the grant would help “improve the health and quality of life of area residents.” Congressman Aaron Schock, a Republican from Illinois, congratulated a local nonprofit for winning a Community Transformation grant, noting that the program will give “people the tools to live healthier and longer lives.”

The National Republican Senatorial Committee warns of Obamacare that “as this awful legislation gets ever closer to going into effect, the negative consequences are only becoming increasingly clear.” But the NRSC’s chair, Jerry Moran, has hailed programs that exist because of it. In August, he attended a ceremony announcing a $4.7 million expansion of the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas. A picture posted on Moran’s official Facebook page shows the senator in a suit with his foot on a shovel to break ground for the health clinic. “That funding—that came from the Affordable Care Act, and he voted no,” says Krista Postai, CEO of the CHC-SEK clinics. She adds that Moran had been supportive of health clinics in the past, and she was disappointed to see him vote against the law that made her clinic expansion possible. Postai noted that her clinics are already improving lives with ACA funding, and that there are thousands of uninsured and disabled people in her community who now receive coverage and preventive care thanks to the law.
            Sounds terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Sounds terrible.
              It's the end of America. Don't you dare think any different.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sounds terrible.
                What's terrible is your fairly consistent refusal to provide attribution for your posts. Not all of us memorize these libstain websites.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  What's terrible is your fairly consistent refusal to provide attribution for your posts. Not all of us memorize these libstain websites.
                  What's really terrible is that you can't refute anything in the article and have to resort to insults.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It's the end of America. Don't you dare think any different.
                  I'm sure the only reason those Republicans want ObamaCare funds is so they can get first hand experience of how horrible it is.

Comment

What's really terrible is that you can't refute anything in the article and have to resort to insults.

I'm sure the only reason those Republicans want ObamaCare funds is so they can get first hand experience of how horrible it is.
                    No, they want it because it's money. Repubs love money.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You should always provide attribution. And no amount of spin can change the fact that you frequently don't. Why? Since when is suggesting you play by the rules an "insult?" And why can't you just resolve to do better in the future? These aren't "liberal" or "conservative" standards. They are universal standards. Why do you think you're too important to abide by them?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        You should always provide attribution. And no amount of spin can change the fact that you frequently don't. Why? Since when is suggesting you play by the rules an "insult?" And why can't you just resolve to do better in the future? These aren't "liberal" or "conservative" standards. They are universal standards. Why do you think you're too important to abide by them?
                        If I thought it would matter, I'd be happy to attribute my posts. However, you're going to find some reason to complain anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Comment

If I thought it would matter, I'd be happy to attribute my posts. However, you're going to find some reason to complain anyway, so it really doesn't matter.
                          You're wrong here. And too full of yourself to just admit it. This is about you, not me.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 10-05-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            No, they want it because it's money. Repubs love money.
                            Yeah, that's right. And Dems hate money, that's why they never seek to tax away more of yours. LOL!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I have to agree with OP here. Who is your source, Priceless? "You'll just complain" is never an excuse to fail to cite, it merely smacks of "I'm right, you're wrong".

That said, the level of discourse here on both "sides" has taken a huge step down over the past few weeks.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-05-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Yeah, that's right. And Dems hate money, that's why they never seek to tax away more of yours. LOL!
                                They accepted Ryan's budget number. That's more than I can say for the rightie clowns.

Comment

Working...
                                X