X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Tell you what, I'll be ok repealing Obamacare when Wisconsin, Kansas, Florida, et al repeal everything they passed on party line votes in the last 4 years.
    Add Maryland
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      It took a judge to overrule a death panel, at least for the time being. http://communities.washingtontimes.c...n-death-panel/
      http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/plainlanguage.asp

You don't know much about long standing policies and procedures of transplant centers and organ distribution. Policies and procedures aimed at absolute maximization of transplant long term success potential. Not wasting organs. Every patient in need of an organ transplant is faced with the harsh reality they may or may not be deemed a viable candidate per a decision made by the transplant staff based on those long standing policies and the required transplant workup results. They face the very real threat they die waiting even when deemed a strong candidate and put on a waiting list.

You're appalled by the imaginary death panel and an alleged arbitrary decision, who lives, who dies. It isn't arbitrary, without sound medical reasoning and knowledge or absent the input of transplant staff, including the opinion carrying the greatest weight, the transplant surgeons themselves. Yet comfortable with a judges decision in this case. You realize someone else will die waiting for a lung. Perhaps a lung this unfortunate young lady ultimately receives. This lung. Maybe a fifteen year old girl dies waiting instead. Another young person looking for a chance to live. There aren't enough organs. Be assured someone else will die waiting. If this young lady receives an adult lung that becomes available, another person will die waiting. A death panel comprised of one Republican judge is an acceptable alternative right?
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        That is now against the law.

Leaving out the qualifiers, the law mandates that if claims are less than 80% of premiums in any one year, then refunds need to be sent out so that claims are at least 80% of premiums for that year. On a rolling-average basis, that is actually fairly reasonable, as market competition already drives premiums to that level anyway. Before the law, companies were always shopping their group health insurance when it came up for renewal for exactly that reason.

However, if claims exceed 100% of premiums in any one year, then companies now have no choice but to eat the loss, which is really stupid: revenue is capped but expenses are not capped. They have no recourse at all. Another reason why a rolling-average calculation makes sense.

Some of these ideas are so basic, you have to wonder just who actually wrote the law and what could they possibly have been thinking. It really does look like a college sophomore did a few internet searches and cut and pasted stuff together without any consistency or context!
        You know what I'd do, then? Double the price of all the premiums. Maybe even more. Then, I'd put out commercial advertisements that on average, my clients received a boatload of money from us every year just for going with us, or some spin along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/plainlanguage.asp

You don't know much about long standing policies and procedures of transplant centers and organ distribution. Policies and procedures aimed at absolute maximization of transplant long term success potential. Not wasting organs. Every patient in need of an organ transplant is faced with the harsh reality they may or may not be deemed a viable candidate per a decision made by the transplant staff based on those long standing policies and the required transplant workup results. They face the very real threat they die waiting even when deemed a strong candidate and put on a waiting list.

You're appalled by the imaginary death panel and an alleged arbitrary decision, who lives, who dies. It isn't arbitrary, without sound medical reasoning and knowledge or absent the input of transplant staff, including the opinion carrying the greatest weight, the transplant surgeons themselves. Yet comfortable with a judges decision in this case. You realize someone else will die waiting for a lung. Perhaps a lung this unfortunate young lady ultimately receives. This lung. Maybe a fifteen year old girl dies waiting instead. Another young person looking for a chance to live. There aren't enough organs. Be assured someone else will die waiting. If this young lady receives an adult lung that becomes available, another person will die waiting. A death panel comprised of one Republican judge is an acceptable alternative right?
          Coming from someone who thinks it's OK to kill human life just because it hasn't popped itself outside of the uterus and the woman couldn't keep her legs closed, I'm not surprised.

Comment

Coming from someone who thinks it's OK to kill human life just because it hasn't popped itself outside of the uterus and the woman couldn't keep her legs closed, I'm not surprised.
            You're not surprised by what exactly? Your like a broken record...coming from someone this, coming from someone that. Quick change to abortion. How did that happen. 100% of your posts regarding anything healthcare comes from someone who doesn't know jack of what he speaks. Waiting for your expert, informed commentary on the organ transplant and patients waiting topics.

We should have a Republican judge outlawing and forbidding all abortions I suppose. Your bull**** stinks up the joint.
            Last edited by brookyone; 06-08-2013, 11:57 AM.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              You're not surprised by what exactly? Your like a broken record...coming from someone this, coming from someone that. Quick change to abortion. How did that happen. 100% of your posts regarding anything healthcare comes from someone who doesn't know jack of what he speaks. Waiting for your expert, informed commentary on the organ transplant and patients waiting topics.

We should have a Republican judge outlawing and forbidding all abortions I suppose. Your bull**** stinks up the joint.
              This is like the pot calling the kettle black. You spend your time foaming at the mouth with all of this, and the second some dissent shows up, especially dissent that shows obvious flaws in your plans, you go ape. At this point I could care less about political parties. Learn to take some responsibility for your actions and stop being such a damsel in distress begging mommy and daddy government for everything, and then throwing a fit either in post or in rep when you don't get your way.

You want my "expert, informed commentary on the organ transplant and patients waiting topics"? Who asked for the transplant first? And if it was relatively the same time, who was willing to pay the higher price?

Comment

Learn to take some responsibility for your actions and stop being such a damsel in distress begging mommy and daddy government for everything, and then throwing a fit either in post or in rep when you don't get your way.
                What personal actions have I not taken responsibility for genius? Let's have more of your informed, knowledgeable input. Then by all means continue with details of what I've begged from mommy and daddy government. Can't wait to hear it. What exactly does this little girls need for a lung have to do with me getting my way?

You want my "expert, informed commentary on the organ transplant and patients waiting topics"? Who asked for the transplant first? And if it was relatively the same time, who was willing to pay the higher price?
                Your "intelligent" questions are proof beyond any possible doubt you know zero about organ transplant and distribution protocol. You're a major league fraud.
                Last edited by brookyone; 06-08-2013, 01:05 PM.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Who asked for the transplant first? And if it was relatively the same time, who was willing to pay the higher price?
                  This already happens. Ailing celebrities have been bumped to the top of the transplant lists for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    This already happens. Ailing celebrities have been bumped to the top of the transplant lists for many years.
                    Yes, but in this case, neither was the preventing factor. In this case, it's a government entity saying who can and cannot live, instead of going to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yes, but in this case, neither was the preventing factor. In this case, it's a government entity saying who can and cannot live, instead of going to the highest bidder.
                      No. Simply 100% false, as was the same premise presented by "journalist" Kristin Tate in the "Mr.Conservative" publication. A "trustworthy" source of "accuracy" and "fact" minus a purposeful agenda to be sure. It was a case of a government entity not superseding the authority of the transplant staff, intervening in long standing transplant and organ distribution protocol and policy...all of which is based on qualified, sound medical knowledge, research and the experience of every transplant ever performed, including the documented results. A government entity not intervening into the medical decision of the medical staff. Strangely completely acceptable when perpetrated by a Republican judge.

What it was...a transplant center and staff that knows what it's doing, knows a thing or two about the real factors of transplant success potential and factors for increased failure potential. Now superseded by a Republican judge who I'm confident has very little medical knowledge, if any. Make no mistake, a judge deciding who can and cannot live. A judge who, should Miss Murnaghan receive her adult lung, has sentenced another to death. Make no mistake, someone who could have lived via the lung Miss Murnaghan may now receive, will die. I hope and pray this young lady gets the lung she needs, survives and lives well long term.

There was no discriminatory factor present as ridiculously claimed by the attorney. Sarah Murnaghan's case was subject to precisely the same policies and guidelines as any other patient her age needing a transplant. BTW, you might want to research the increased risk to CF patients as a result of receiving a lung graft and required immunosuppression. The risk of complications and increased risk of death. In addition to the increased risk an adult lung presents. I assure you the transplant staff is up to speed. I'll bet the judge is not.

Larry Hagman, Mickey Mantle, John Phillips & David Crosby are examples of pure favoritism and corruption of transplant protocol per celebrity. Favoritism and ignoring factors that would assuredly wash the average, non-celebrity transplant candidate right out of eligibility. An investigation of any history (and current) drug and alcohol use is a part of every transplant workup. Not in these cases apparently. Those four destroyed their own livers with lifelong substance and alcohol abuse. Many were of the opinion they should have not received the preferential treatment they did. Myself included. Phillips for one, went back to using and drinking for a time after his transplant. Really appreciated the gift of life he received eh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1086210.html
                      Last edited by brookyone; 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...-suing-surgery
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

...and an excellent piece on corporate shenanigans, fraud that is a major contributor to out of control healthcare and health insurance costs. If you take the time to watch pay special attention to the HMA executive lying POS interviewed for the story per the CEO running and hiding. Yeah...merely "disgruntled employees" and nothing more.

****** src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50148539&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50148539n" />
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Except the OTHER party steamrolled the passage. When you get 0 votes of the opposition, perhaps it is time to rethink things. However, the Dems were heady with power (just as the GOP was) and decided that if they had the keys, the car was going where they wanted to go, and never mind the gang in the back.

Now, perhaps in reflection, the direction taken was not the best, but it is tough to admit you made a mistake.
                            You get zero opposition votes because the opposition are all crazed partisans. Clinton's budget balancing actions also got zero Republican votes and time has proven the wisdom of those actions. You have to stop slavishly obeying everything right wingers tell you. If there's one repeated mantra out of your generation (those aged from the last 50's to early 70's) its that none of you listen to right wing media...yet amazingly you all regurgitate its talking points at the drop of a hat. Pretty interesting, since you know, you never listen to that stuff...

Good article on the subject:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...publican-party
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rover View Post
                              you get zero opposition votes because both sides are all crazed partisans.
                              fyp
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                You get zero opposition votes because the opposition are all crazed partisans. Clinton's budget balancing actions also got zero Republican votes and time has proven the wisdom of those actions. You have to stop slavishly obeying everything right wingers tell you. If there's one repeated mantra out of your generation (those aged from the last 50's to early 70's) its that none of you listen to right wing media...yet amazingly you all regurgitate its talking points at the drop of a hat. Pretty interesting, since you know, you never listen to that stuff...

Good article on the subject:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...publican-party
                                If you say that we are regurgitating their points, you must have enough knowledge on the subject that you actually listen to talk radio. Are you one of those right-wing-watchers, or just a troll?

The left has proven time and time again that they are the creators of political division in this country. The clear indicator of this, to me, is the War on Terror. Did you ever notice how they wanted to stop it until they got into power? Something tells me that they are obsessed with celebrity culture and want to make sure that their names are in the history books. The worst part of it, though, is that the GOP buys into it and does the exact same thing. Now you know why I say that there's no difference between the two parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X