This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Were you so blithely concerned when they ignored scientists when discussing the climate, or economists when discussing the economy, or women when talking about women's health? Or were you noticeably unconcerned at those times?
    I also like how because he works as a low level actuary that makes him omniscient about all things health care related. Look I don't pass myself off as an expert in military tactics just because I eat fried chicken at The Colonel's once in awhile. Same rule applies to him.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by unofun View Post
      Were you so blithely concerned when they ignored scientists when discussing the climate, or economists when discussing the economy, or women when talking about women's health? Or were you noticeably unconcerned at those times?
      "Blithely concerned"? that's an oxymoron, no? it makes no sense to think of someone being "blithely" concerned, does it?

anyway, no, no, maybe, and no.

edit:

When it comes to women's health, I'd generally listen more to a male physician than to a woman who knows nothing whatsoever about anatomy or endrocrinology or any other health-related field.

and when it comes to economists, it depends upon whether they are speaking as economists or as paid political hacks. Paul Krugman says things in his column that are inconsistent with his own research, for example. I'd give more weight to his scholarly research than to his deranged political rants.

For some reason I thought you were an attorney? isn't it the case that you can find an expert witness who will testify either for the defense or for the prosecution, depending upon who pays him the most?

with engineering and actuarial sciences, there actually are certain objective standards that nearly all practitioners follow: math is math. you don't have an opinion on how an equation works. the only debate is which equation is most applicable to a given situation.
      Last edited by FreshFish; 06-06-2013, 07:29 AM.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        no, no, no, and no.

Feel better now, after your rant?
        Concern troll is concerned. Got it. I await tomorrow's cry of wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by unofun View Post
          generally speaking, people are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

generally speaking, people are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves.
            So did you go to a licensed psychologist for that, or are you pulling that out of your actuarial ***?

Comment

The death panels have begun. http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...ne-dies-video/

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                So did you go to a licensed psychologist for that, or are you pulling that out of your actuarial ***?
                Hit a nerve, eh? It should have! Those things you criticize the most are also the very same things you yourself do the most. If you cannot notice that, why should anyone take anything you say seriously, ever?

PS yes, that observation is a basic maxim of psychology: I got it from experts.
                Last edited by FreshFish; 06-06-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Hit a nerve, eh? It should have! Those things you criticize the most are also the very same things you yourself do the most. If you cannot notice that, why should anyone take anything you say seriously, ever?

PS yes, that observation is a basic maxim of psychology: I got it from experts.
                  So when you go berzerk over my posts on put me on the ignore list, its because my criticisms of you are 100% accurate? Frankly, that's what I figured but its nice of you to confirm it in public.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

It took a judge to overrule a death panel, at least for the time being. http://communities.washingtontimes.c...n-death-panel/

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      So when you go berzerk [sic] over my posts on put me on the ignore list?
                      were I to go berserk, then yes, it would indeed be an indicator that you touched a nerve. It's been a long time since that happened, however; I took my own advice. I haven't called anyone names in quite a long time now.

putting you on the ignore list, on the other hand, is merely an indication that I have good hygiene.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        were I to go berserk, then yes, it would indeed be an indicator that you touched a nerve. It's been a long time since that happened, however; I took my own advice. I haven't called anyone names in quite a long time now.

putting you on the ignore list, on the other hand, is merely an indication that I have good hygiene.
                        Only about three months.

Comment

...an indication that I have good hygiene.
                          That's not what I heard, but okay.

Comment

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012...trol-abortion/

For those with inherent difficulty connecting these dots.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                              http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012...trol-abortion/

For those with inherent difficulty connecting these dots.
                              What else will it reduce? Children? Crime? Crowded schools? Mothers? Fathers?

Heck - more kids are needed so those that are incapable of having children can have children!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                What else will it reduce? !
                                your wallet
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X