This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

And this message from the White House on Mothers Day. Somehow I think it's a tad contradictory...

*****http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-shot-2013-05-11-at-2.12.15-PM1.png******
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And this message from the White House on Mothers Day. Somehow I think it's a tad contradictory...

*****http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-shot-2013-05-11-at-2.12.15-PM1.png******
      Love the no out of pocket costs line. everythings free in America, F'in idiots
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Love the no out of pocket costs line. everythings free in America, F'in idiots
        There's a sucker born every minute. Now we know what nationality they possess.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if this plays out as projected:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...igher-but.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Lefties may be crazy but they're not stupid. They're trying to price out the independent practices and get everyone onto welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Mike Shedlock / Mish is a registered investment advisor representative for SitkaPacific Capital Management. Sitka Pacific is an asset management firm whose goal is strong performance and low volatility, regardless of market direction.
              Why should I listen to an investment advisor about health care? Do I go to my doctor for auto repair advice? Should I ask my plumber about my haircut?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Why should I listen to an investment advisor about health care? Do I go to my doctor for auto repair advice? Should I ask my plumber about my haircut?
                Should I listen to a college hockey fan about political advice?

Comment

Unions are (apparently) not happy. Another waiver?

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-on-health-law
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

He who has the gold [attempts to make] the rules: http://spectator.org/archives/2013/0...nseparable-fro

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      He who has the gold [attempts to make] the rules: http://spectator.org/archives/2013/0...nseparable-fro
                      Nothing screams "credibility" like this line, taken from the actual article:

"As long as the voters allow this sick regime to stay in office, we can expect it to use the IRS and any other handy bureaucracy to target its political enemies and to issue illegal decrees. They have little respect for the law and less for the voters. There is only one cure for this disease: Obama, his congressional accomplices, and the enabling media must be replaced by people with at least a passing familiarity with ethics and integrity."

Can you say Crackpot? As Obama was elected twice by a majority of the vote, and is Constitutionally barred from another term, what exactly does the author have in mind for replacing the President? Sounds like the dude should be getting a visit from the Secret Service real soon.

Note to Flag: when posting a link, it helps if the person writing the story you're referencing isn't advocating an armed revolution to overturn the will of the electorate. You're a little too young to be this bitter.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Another implementation problem: self-insured plans (often with catastrophic stop-loss coverage from a commercial insurer) have different rules. Typically only firms with over 100 employees would consider self-insurance. However, some health insurance companies also provide third-party administrative services for self-insured plans and they are now offering those services to companies in selected industries with less than 100 employees. So some smaler companies with younger, healthier workers might now look seriously at self-insuring their plans, which of course would then remove their workforce from participation in the insurance exchanges. take younger healthier people out of the exchanges, and what do you get? higher premiums for those who do use them, of course.

the people who wrote this law were not only arrogant, they must also have thought everyone else was really stupid too.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          Another implementation problem: self-insured plans (often with catastrophic stop-loss coverage from a commercial insurer) have different rules. Typically only firms with over 100 employees would consider self-insurance. However, some health insurance companies also provide third-party administrative services for self-insured plans and they are now offering those services to companies in selected industries with less than 100 employees. So some smaler companies with younger, healthier workers might now look seriously at self-insuring their plans, which of course would then remove their workforce from participation in the insurance exchanges. take younger healthier people out of the exchanges, and what do you get? higher premiums for those who do use them, of course.

the people who wrote this law were not only arrogant, they must also have thought everyone else was really stupid too.

And this hasn't already happened in state that has mandated univeral coverage for the last 7 years because....???

Don't expect you to answer, but figured I'd ask.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            And this hasn't already happened in state that has mandated univeral coverage for the last 7 years because....???

Don't expect you to answer, but figured I'd ask.
                            One of 50. What works in MA (including welfare payments to those who have gone to the great beyond), may not work somewhere else.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              One of 50. What works in MA (including welfare payments to those who have gone to the great beyond), may not work somewhere else.
                              Not to mention, how about all those young healthy people living in NH and commuting to MA?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I'm not familiar with the details of MA law so I wouldn't know. Does the MA law allow employers to self-insure with high-limit stop-loss coverage?

Furthermore, how does MA law treat local offices of companies that are headquartered elsewhere? Perhaps different rules apply in that case?

and perhaps you can explain to us why so many articles about MA experience say that in practice it turned out to be more expensive than predicted at the outset, while covering fewer people than projected?
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X