X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    So in your view price gouging, predatory lending, Ponzi schemes, etc, should all be legal as long as you can get away with it? Nice...
    How else would you describe social security?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Because driving a humvee is exactly the same as getting chemo. Got it.
      Stupid arguments deserve obtuse responses. Use your real brain for once, not your government-conditioned automatic response chart.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Yeah, we should be forced to pay for the unhealthy choices of others...
        Yeah, that's who were talking about.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          Yeah, we should maintain the old status quo with private companies pricing their products willy-nilly for the sole purpose of excluding millions from their selective market.
          Funny, I always thought that companies wanted to price their products so that revenue would exceed cost.

Your attribution of "purpose" here is a head-scratcher; most people ask "what makes the costs so high?"
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Funny, I always thought that companies wanted to price their products so that revenue would exceed cost.

Your attribution of "purpose" here is a head-scratcher; most people ask "what makes the costs so high?"
            Would be a head scratcher I suppose for anyone completely ignorant of health insurance issues outside their own personal bubble. For millions, for decades, insurance has been purposely priced to eliminate undesirable clients from the private market. Mack and Myer pointing the finger at Americans who eat too many Big Mac's as the exclusive cause of high costs is bull.

The clown who so oft tells others to suck it up...deal with it...be a man like him but whines about his health insurance cost as attributable to the "unhealthy choices of others." Don't buy health insurance then if you think you're being treated unfairly. Go without it and take your chances like insurance companies have purposely forced millions to do for decades. Pffft.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Would be a head scratcher I suppose for anyone completely ignorant of health insurance issues outside their own personal bubble. For millions, for decades, insurance has been purposely priced to eliminate undesirable clients from the private market. Mack and Myer pointing the finger at Americans who eat too many Big Mac's as the exclusive cause of high costs is bull.

The clown who so oft tells others to suck it up...deal with it...be a man like him but whines about his health insurance cost as attributable to the "unhealthy choices of others." Don't buy health insurance then if you think you're being treated unfairly. Go without it and take your chances like insurance companies have purposely forced millions to do for decades. Pffft.
              The purpose of any business is not philanthropy, but to make MONEY. If I am running a business where I invest people's money in the hopes that I do not have to pay out to someone, if someone presents a higher chance that I'm going to have to pay out, you're darn well sure that I'm going to either not accept them in "fairness" to pricing, or if I'm being forced to accept them, charge them a lot more to come in, thereby reducing the expense that I am likely to suffer from that person requiring a payout. That's exactly how auto insurance works, which is something that many state governments have required to be purchased, hence why they will overprice the "high risk" buyers, such as teenage males.

If anyone is doing the whining here, it's you, because you're trying to force healthy people to pay for a sick person by not only forcing insurance open everyone, but also forcing them to pay the same price. If that's what you really want, I'm willing to purchase for you a one-way ticket to Pyongyang, and I don't mean Lynah Rink.

Comment

For millions, for decades, insurance has been purposely priced to eliminate undesirable clients from the private market.
                That seems a bit extreme. What I see is that certain people who already have expensive chronic conditions cannot generate enough revenue to cover costs since the costs are known, certain, and high.

You can offer a life insurance policy to someone who is terminally ill, it's just that the premium would be very high.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  How else would you describe social security?
                  A fully funded program for the next 30-40 years? If you don't like it Flaggy, feel free to refuse to take it.

PS - North Korea is a conservative society. In fact L'il Kim can be thought of as a model for US right wing based governing. Think about it: 1) No taxes, 2) Sky high military expenditures, 3) Social policies from the Dark Ages. Does that not sound like today's conservative Republicans?
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

A fully funded program for the next 30-40 years? If you don't like it Flaggy, feel free to refuse to take it.

PS - North Korea is a conservative society. In fact L'il Kim can be thought of as a model for US right wing based governing. Think about it: 1) No taxes, 2) Sky high military expenditures, 3) Social policies from the Dark Ages. Does that not sound like today's conservative Republicans?
                    And then after those 30-40 years?

I'm not a centrifuge; you can't get spin past me.

Comment

And then after those 30-40 years?

I'm not a centrifuge; you can't get spin past me.
                      Only give people what it can pay out.

Look personally I'd put the screws to The Whiniest Generation right now and make them take a cut, while fully restoring benefits for people my age who aren't the ones causing the problems. However, my liberal self is perfectly willing to take the 75% of current promised benefits if that saves the system. Its all good.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Only give people what it can pay out.

Look personally I'd put the screws to The Whiniest Generation right now and make them take a cut, while fully restoring benefits for people my age who aren't the ones causing the problems. However, my liberal self is perfectly willing to take the 75% of current promised benefits if that saves the system. Its all good.
                        If anyone should be whining about anyone, it's those from the 30's that put in zero and received more.

Look, I think we can all agree that social security is a ponzi scheme. After all, didn't Madoff base his investment strategy upon the same thing Social Security does? Why couldn't we, at this point, transfer over to a sensible system that has been piloted by the Chileans? If we really want to "stick it" to the boomers, now's the time to do it.

Comment

If anyone should be whining about anyone, it's those from the 30's that put in zero and received more.

Look, I think we can all agree that social security is a ponzi scheme. After all, didn't Madoff base his investment strategy upon the same thing Social Security does? Why couldn't we, at this point, transfer over to a sensible system that has been piloted by the Chileans? If we really want to "stick it" to the boomers, now's the time to do it.
                          Are you dating/married to a Chilean? Because you seem to have an odd fascination with that country which I don't care to emulate.

Furthermore, I don't think very many people think of Social Security as a Ponzi scheme. That's more something that happens in conservative or libertarian circle jerks, not in the population at large. As you and many others found out last election, what conservatives think and what the majority of people think are two vastly different things, or else that unskewed polls guy would be a hero instead of a laughingstock right now.

As far as "those from the 30's" go, I'm not sure if you're speaking of people born in the 1930's but my take is anybody that contributed to the war effort (and who by and large survived the Great Depression as those born at the beginning of the decade would have suffered through all of it) gets a free pass.

Comment

Assuming that I'm "the clown", I argued against the PPACA from the start on the grounds that, unlike how it was sold, it would raise costs to consumers who are already insured. Then it gets passed, and it increases all of my healthcare costs when I now need surgery, just like I said it would. You're damm right I'm going to complain about it in that single outburst a few pages back. It's bad law. It negatively impacts those every politician claims to protect. It should never have been passed.

At the very least, the Washington DC politicians should have read it before passing it, not the other way around, Madam Pelosi (like they actually ever read it). In fact, the MN senators (both Klobuchar and Franken) who voted for the bill are now trying to have pieces of it repealed because they didn't read it at the time, and therefore didn't understand the 2.3% excise tax on medical devices. Now they understand the impact it will have on MN industry once the tax goes into effect, and they're left picking their panties from their cracks.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Assuming that I'm "the clown",
                              No.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Are you dating/married to a Chilean? Because you seem to have an odd fascination with that country which I don't care to emulate.

Furthermore, I don't think very many people think of Social Security as a Ponzi scheme. That's more something that happens in conservative or libertarian circle jerks, not in the population at large. As you and many others found out last election, what conservatives think and what the majority of people think are two vastly different things, or else that unskewed polls guy would be a hero instead of a laughingstock right now.

As far as "those from the 30's" go, I'm not sure if you're speaking of people born in the 1930's but my take is anybody that contributed to the war effort (and who by and large survived the Great Depression as those born at the beginning of the decade would have suffered through all of it) gets a free pass.
                                I love how you still think that you have a mandate. You are still so full of yourself that I'm not even going to bother responding to this. Keep spinning everything to give justification to everything that guy, whose rear you clearly have firmly attached to your lips, is doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X