This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Do we have multiple threads on this? Do we need multiple threads on this?
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Do we have multiple threads on this? Do we need multiple threads on this?
      The old thread met a death panel.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

tru dat!
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Texas groups I'd understand, but I'll admit: the either Binghamton or Ithaca division REALLY surprised me... http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/planned-p...filiates-flee/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Texas groups I'd understand, but I'll admit: the either Binghamton or Ithaca division REALLY surprised me... http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/planned-p...filiates-flee/
            Find a link from something other than the world net daily, and I might read it. Good lord, that site makes drudge look sane by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Find a link from something other than the world net daily, and I might read it. Good lord, that site makes drudge look sane by comparison.
              Its all he has left!
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Daily Star
                Corpus Christi Caller Times
                Houston Chronicle
                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                Groucho Marx
                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                Ron White
                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                Milo Bloom

Comment

So its a story about corporate vs affiliate control? While stupid on the part of the national office, I guess I'm not seeing why it's worthy of outrage. Or what it has to do with the ACA.

Comment

So its a story about corporate vs affiliate control? While stupid on the part of the national office, I guess I'm not seeing why it's worthy of outrage. Or what it has to do with the ACA.
                    Not sure either. Just providing a source. There was a previous discussion in SCOTUS about PP being able to derive significant revenue from providing abortions. What that has to do with PPACA is beyond me.
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                      Not sure either. Just providing a source. There was a previous discussion in SCOTUS about PP being able to derive significant revenue from providing abortions. What that has to do with PPACA is beyond me.
                      PPACA gives the Secretary of HHS extraordinary arbitrary powers, and PPACA also sets up the 15-member "advisory board" (IIRC, not subject to Congressional approval) and gives them tremendous arbitrary power as well.

If you don't like your insurance company, you can try to find another one. if you don't like PPACA, well, welcome to your daily prostate exam!
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        PPACA gives the Secretary of HHS extraordinary arbitrary powers, and PPACA also sets up the 15-member "advisory board" (IIRC, not subject to Congressional approval) and gives them tremendous arbitrary power as well.

If you don't like your insurance company, you can try to find another one. if you don't like PPACA, well, welcome to your daily prostate exam!
                        Wow...talk about your non sequiturs

Comment

Wow...talk about your non sequiturs
                          It's known in government circles as BOHICA.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                            I think unofan just once again proved why he's on my ignore list.

Comment

Hmmm....PPACA was passed a few years ago....then I thought we had an election recently which gave the voters the opportunity to render ultimate judgement on the effort...

How did that go again? The basic premise of conservatism in late 2012 seems to be that everybody else is stupid and if they only knew what was in the law they'd be taking to the streets with pitchforks and torches. Did you ever stop and think that maybe people do in fact want to work with the new law, and about 20% of those disapproving of it are because they don't think it went far enough?

Just, you know, food for thought given recent events.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I think unofan just once again proved why he's on my ignore list.
                                Because I don't read things posted on a site that still sells books about Obama's birth certificate? I guess you are hoping to live in an echo chamber.

Comment

Working...
                                X