X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Not quite. Justice Roberts said that the "penalty" for not buying insurance is a tax. The premiums for health insurance are not a "tax."

You don't see a problem for person who lives in the mountains being required to buy flood insurance? or a person who lives in Iowa being required to buy insurance against earthquake damage?
    Scooby has a long history of posting that two wrongs makes a right on this board when it comes to politics and governing.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I was wondering the other day. How many times in 2014 are we going to see a political ad for a republican candidate that include Obama's sound bite "you like your old policy, you get to keep it"?
      At least as many times as Obama said it. Last count I saw was 24 iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        If you are an unmarried male, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers maternity benefits.

If you are a childless couple in your 50s, you are still required to purchase a policy that offers pediatric care.
        I don't mind the individual mandate in general, but this is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I fail to see why that is a problem. As John Roberts said Obamacare is a TAX. As a TAX people will be paying for **** they don't want or need.
          That's exactly what is wrong with our entire system. This should not be true. Why are we required to pay for things we don't want or need?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            That's exactly what is wrong with our entire system. This should not be true. Why are we required to pay for things we don't want or need?
            It's called living in a society. We all pay for shiat we don't want or need personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              I paid for the Iraq War. Although according to St. Clown I didn't and I just invariably leech off the system like a parasite. Which pretty much means anyone under 250K per year (whatever the "rich" threshold is) is a leech and a parasite. So, if you're a leech and a parasite you really have nothing to complain about. If you're paying for Obamacare you're still subsidized elsewhere. Pretend you're paying for roads and bridges if it makes you happy. Either way you're not paying enough to cover your services.

And if you're rich (Whatever the threshold is for that) you should be complaining all the time cause you're clearly getting screwed.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                I think USCHO should establish the Wallace Hartley award. To be given monthly? (annually?) to the ******* who plays his violin most sincerely in the face of disaster. Obamacare (the rollout and the law) are disasters. And the *******s who post here know it. But Democrats up for reelection next year are heading for the lifeboats. Once again demonstrating the truth of the old expression about rats and sinking ships. Bon voyage.

During the government shutdown *******s chanted in unison: "Republicans own this." Well, sweeties, you own Obamacare. I'm guessing voters paying those increased premiums next year (you know, for policies that provide pre natal care for men and post menopausal women) will remember who's responsible.

I like it Opie! In fact, lets team up! I'm going to hand out the "Unskewed Polls" Award every week in conjunction with your award. In honor of people like yourself who didn't realize the country was about to soundly defeat Republicans yet again in 2012 because you're all as popular as sh !t. So, to kick us off, lets give you what I'm sure will be the first of many citations as our inaugural Unskewed Polls award winner for this week! Keep on thinking a slow website for a month is going to stop the demographic doom your ideology faces.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

What part of we're all paying for **** we don't want to pay for don't you get?
                  That's the entire basis of the outrage, numbnuts. People resent being forced to pay for stuff they don't want and cannot possibly ever use. How is it that someone who presents himself as intelligent cannot comprehend that?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That's the entire basis of the outrage, numbnuts. People resent being forced to pay for stuff they don't want and cannot possibly ever use. How is it that someone who presents himself as intelligent cannot comprehend that?
                    How can someone as intelligent as yourself not realize that living in a society means that you're always going to be paying for stuff that you don't want or use?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If we gave tax breaks for people who haven't been laid in 20 years, would that make you, Opie, Flaggy, etc happy?

What you seem to be too stupid to understand is that you WILL pay for stuff you won't use because we're all in this together. If you don't like it move to North Korea which is the true embodiment of a conservative society. I'm not in any danger of being hijacked by Somali pirates. However, I have no problem with using tax dollars to protect fellow citizens over there who might be in harm's way. Get over yourself already. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Not quite. Justice Roberts said that the "penalty" for not buying insurance is a tax. The premiums for health insurance are not a "tax."

You don't see a problem for person who lives in the mountains being required to buy flood insurance? or a person who lives in Iowa being required to buy insurance against earthquake damage?
                        It never floods in the mountains. We learned that last month. And never mind that a major faultline runs beneath the Mississippi and one of the most powerful earthquakes this country has had was in the Midwest. Nope, totally unnecessary to insure against those.

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                          I am very sure that the "most qualified person to give it" is not from whom a vast majority of people are receiving their medical care from right now. So I doubt that most people will notice any difference in the level of medical care they are receiving. I have no delusions that the doctor I go to is most qualified in anything. If most people think they are seeing the most qualified doctor then they are deluding themselves.

Also, as I am sure you are aware, since the beginning of time medical care has always had economics involved. This is not a new thing. Is it going to play a larger role? Maybe, for some things I am sure. Overall, I doubt it will play out as bad as the critics believe. Time will tell though.
                          Matt-true-but at least up to now you did get to be evaluated, diagnosed and treated by a Doctor-who went to medical school and did either an internship or a residency and had to take a board examination to qualify to treat you. That was my point. You are 100% correct-all doctors are not created equal-one graduated number 1 in his class and someone was at the bottom. But at least you got to admit that was more training and experience and quality control than what you are already getting now and far more than you will see in the future. People should research their caregiver-like they would research buying a car-but unfortunately they do not and accept whatever and whoever they are told to see and whoever the powers that be will pay for.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

How can someone as intelligent as yourself not realize that living in a society means that you're always going to be paying for stuff that you don't want or use?
                            That's a pretty big stretch you and UNO are making.

Sure you helped pay for the war. And I helped pay for some roads I'll never drive on, or a whole host of other things.

But in each of those instances we are paying for something that is "purchased" for society as a whole. This is an individual insurance policy. It covers only me. And if I'm a single, 65 year old male, I probably don't need maternity coverage.

It would be like the government forces you to buy motorcycle coverage when you don't own a motorcycle. Seems kind of silly, but that's what happens when the government decides that one size fits all for something like insurance coverage.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              That's a pretty big stretch you and UNO are making.

Sure you helped pay for the war. And I helped pay for some roads I'll never drive on, or a whole host of other things.

But in each of those instances we are paying for something that is "purchased" for society as a whole. This is an individual insurance policy. It covers only me. And if I'm a single, 65 year old male, I probably don't need maternity coverage.

It would be like the government forces you to buy motorcycle coverage when you don't own a motorcycle. Seems kind of silly, but that's what happens when the government decides that one size fits all for something like insurance coverage.
                              Is there such a thing as an individual policy? Far as I know insurance doesn't work unless you're in a pool of some sort. It's kind of like Communism without being Communism. Get my drift? You want an individual policy then get rid of insurance altogether cause it doesn't work that way.

Oh, and if you think you're not "subsidizing" a big payout from a motorcyle policy when it happens with the other insurance you have from that company you're kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Matt-true-but at least up to now you did get to be evaluated, diagnosed and treated by a Doctor-who went to medical school and did either an internship or a residency and had to take a board examination to qualify to treat you. That was my point. You are 100% correct-all doctors are not created equal-one graduated number 1 in his class and someone was at the bottom. But at least you got to admit that was more training and experience and quality control than what you are already getting now and far more than you will see in the future. People should research their caregiver-like they would research buying a car-but unfortunately they do not and accept whatever and whoever they are told to see and whoever the powers that be will pay for.
                                But can't we make those decisions after meeting the doctor? If the person you're seeing is no good, you don't just say "well this doctor sucks and keeps giving me prostate exams when I went in for a sinus problem, but I'm gonna stick with him". That doesn't make sense. What I will qualify this with is that I live next to a major city so perhaps my choices are plentiful, but geesh when I looked at the Doc Find for the insurance like 500 general practice doctors came up within 10 miles of where I live.

Comment

Working...
                                X