X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA - Implementation Phase I

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    It's one thing to just say everyone should be insured so that we don't have to listen to the heartbreaking sob story of some old lady who died from a preventable disease due to the lack of health insurance/care. But it is an economic fact that the more insurance that exists, the more demand/use of the insured services will occur (think automatic windshield replacement for cracked windshields). That increased demand can only increase costs.
    Problem is healthcare is an industry where early diagnosis of problems brings down costs. So for example, somebody kicks up a rock on the highway and it puts a crack in your windshield. Whether you get it replaced then, or wait three months as the crack gets bigger, the cost isn't going to change. You're still replacing a windshield. However, if you have cancer, catching it earlier has the potential to save a lot of problems as opposed to waiting longer to get treated.

Having insurance increases the likelihood that you go to the doctor regularly.

Where I agree though is on procedures. As I've mentioned before, I went to the dentist this year for the regular cleaning and the guy took 5 X-rays of my mouth. I've got a big mouth, but its not that big. After finding out that insurance wouldn't cover all that, he charged me for two. THIS is the kind of cost control we need to get a handle on, and something the PPA does encourage.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      well, they did in pre-PPACA days, you know. McDonalds offered a "mini-med" plan to its employees, for example, a plan that covered 30,000 people in their restaurants. Many other companies did as well (hence the hundreds of waivers in 2011). The geniuses who wrote PPACA didn't even know mini-med plans existed, and inadvertantly made them all illegal through their ignorance. Tens of thousands of people lost / are losing coverage that way.

read more: http://heartland.org/policy-document...macare-waivers

In 2014, tens of thousands more people are losing existing coverage because of PPACA mandates. So people used to have perfectly viable coverage and PPACA requires that coverage to be cancelled because some other genius who looked up a few articles on the internet thinks he knows better than trained professionals with advanced degrees?
      Here's a more accurate representation of what McDonald's is offering it's restaurant workers for health care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUsgn-Ubh0
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Here's a more accurate representation of what McDonald's is offering it's restaurant workers for health care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUsgn-Ubh0
        But they do offer some helpful budgeting advice

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I think it's hilarious your advocating for employers to provide health insurance and then blaming Obamacare when they don't. They've always had a choice and it's always been cost prohibitive. I've worked for smaller companies my whole career and the number one thing the owners have complained about is Health Care expenses. This crap has been going on then for over 22 years.
          I'm not advocating for anything, I believe ACA is a joke, set up by lobbyists to make money for their masters.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I'm not advocating for anything, I believe ACA is a joke, set up by lobbyists to make money for their masters.
            Is there anything you won't complain about?

"Hey! You call this slop? Real slop has got chunks of things in it! This is more like gruel! And this Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled! This is room temperature! What do you think we are? Animals?"

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

"Hey! You call this slop? Real slop has got chunks of things in it! This is more like gruel! And this Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled! This is room temperature! What do you think we are? Animals?"
              Is there anything you won't be obnoxious about?

Comment

I'm rarely obnoxious, but you are constantly *****ing about pretty much anything whether it's on political threads or hockey threads or Patriots threads. You might be happier if you posted about things that made you happy, if such a thing exists.

Comment

I believe ACA is a joke, set up by lobbyists to make money for their masters.
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to walrus again.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I'm rarely obnoxious, but you are constantly *****ing about pretty much anything whether it's on political threads or hockey threads or Patriots threads. You might be happier if you posted about things that made you happy, if such a thing exists.
                    Should I check with you before posting from now on? Having your approval means so much to me.

Comment

Should I check with you before posting from now on? Having your approval means so much to me.
                      Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Please, sir, I want some more.

Comment

Yeah, probably. But no where near as bad as Medicare Prescription D was. And the supposed conservative party passed that with flying colors.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"We won't allow the Republicans to shut down the government over Obamacare," claimed the Democrats. "We'll wait until after the debt ceiling bill is passed, and then we'll turn on Obamacare ourselves without any prompting."

[Jeanne Shaheen, ]The [Democrat] New Hampshire senator fundamentally altered the health-care fight on Tuesday with a letter to the White House demanding it both extend the ObamaCare enrollment deadline and waive tax penalties for those unable to enroll. Within nanoseconds, Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor had endorsed her "common-sense idea." By Wednesday night, five Senate Democrats were on board.

In the Senate, West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin is working on legislation to delay the individual mandate's enforcement for a year. CNN reports that all 16 Senate Democrats up for re-election are expected to support Ms. Shaheen's proposal. In the House, Democratic members are stacking up behind all of these ideas.

Even House liberals have felt it necessary to reassure voters that they, too, are angry—though so far they are merely calling for scalps. "I'd like to see somebody lose their job over this. I think it's outrageous," complained New York Rep. Sean Maloney. "Somebody's got to man up here—get rid of these people," said Minnesota's Rick Nolan.

a numerically significant number of Senate Democrats have, on their own, signaled that it is acceptable for members of the president's party to demand consequential ObamaCare changes.

The pressure for other Democrats to join will rise, as will the pressure for the party to embrace more extensive changes to the law. Even before the ObamaCare rollout, Mr. Pryor and North Carolina's Kay Hagan had co-sponsored legislation to kill ObamaCare's rationing board (the House version has 23 Democratic co-sponsors). Alaska Sen. Mark Begich had introduced a bill to delay the business mandate for two years. There is bipartisan opposition to the medical-device tax, to the ObamaCare slush fund and to the IRS's central role in coordinating the law.
                            These are all Democrats talking here, none of them are those crazy wild-eyed bomb-throwing Republicans.

Right, we merely need to tweak a few glitches.....
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Walrus gets an F for not recognizing the Naked Gun reference.

Fishy, your slavish devotion to right wing talking points is amusing if a bit trite, but Democrats have always indicated a willingness to adjust whatever needs adjusting. Think about it - don't you knuckledraggers complain whenever Obama adjusts a deadline? Doesn't that adjusting prove the point? Or are we suspending logic here in order to have a conversation with you?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Walrus gets an F for not recognizing the Naked Gun reference.
                                I even put quotation marks around it!

Comment

Working...
                                X