Big Ten Expansion: Maryland and Rutgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Expansion: Maryland and Rutgers

I wonder if Rutgers will be a Legend and Maryland a Leader, or vice versa?

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
      I wonder if Rutgers will be a Legend and Maryland a Leader, or vice versa?
      I can't remember which, but they are going to be in the same division. Illinois is jumping from where they are to the other one to make room.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        I can't remember which, but they are going to be in the same division. Illinois is jumping from where they are to the other one to make room.
        MUhawks628 said this also. Do you guys have a source for this? My initial reaction was that while this is a very reasonable prediction, I hadn't heard anything indicating that it was a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          MUhawks628 said this also. Do you guys have a source for this? My initial reaction was that while this is a very reasonable prediction, I hadn't heard anything indicating that it was a done deal.
          From this ESPN report

When Maryland and Rutgers join, they will move into the Leaders Division occupied by Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue and Indiana, Loh (President of University of Maryland) told the board of regents. Illinois then would shift from the Leaders to the Legends Division. However, Delany (Big Ten Commissioner) said no decisions on divisions have been made, according to a source.

Italics added by me.

So, who are you going to believe?
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Hadn't seen either the clip or the article. Greatly appreciate the link.

So, who are you going to believe?
            While the two comments are obviously inconsistent, it's not necessary to characterize one as truthful and the other as a lie. No doubt the Maryland Prez said more than he should have, sooner than he should have. But most likely a tentative deal has been struck for the divisions he described. On Delaney's side, I'm guessing that some formalities remain to be accomplished, so he went into stonewall mode. While that's frustrating from a fan perspective, it's probably the correct response until all parties involved have signed off on the arrangement.

Bottom Line? While there's a theoretical possibility the deal could unravel, it looks like Illinois is changing divisions.

Comment

Idea for the ACC-Big Ten Challenge this season. The winner gets Maryland.

Problem solved.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Idea for the ACC-Big Ten Challenge this season. The winner gets Maryland.

Problem solved.
                Which, of course, means.......Loser gets Rutgers!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                X