No more Twinkies????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Twinkies????

So Hostess says they are liquidating since they can't survive the ongoing strike. Deadline passes.

Will some other baker buy the Twinkie name and recipe? What will we call the Minnesota Twins now?

Re: No more Twinkies????

I read an interesting note earlier that said Twinkies were originally banana flavored, but changed to vanilla because bananas were rationed during the WWII. Thank God.

Comment

But if Twinkies are to survive the end of the world, that would mean the Mayans are right!!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        I read an interesting note earlier that said Twinkies were originally banana flavored, but changed to vanilla because bananas were rationed during the WWII. Thank God.
        When I worked the ice arena concession stand in high school we sold Twinkies and some banana flavored creme filled cake thingy by Hostess, can't remember the name and never liked them.

Comment

If I could insert the clip from Ghostbusters...I would do so here.

They will be immortalized in Die Hard as well.

Must be 100 other references that will help them live in infamy.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            Oh Jen, but they did live on in banana- called them "banana twins" or something like that.

What will we do with out the orange flavored cupcakes? Or ho-ho's, ding dongs or chemical pies??

I hope someone else does pick up the recipe, though.

Comment

It's dead, Jim....
              *****http://i847.***********.com/albums/ab40/katiepavlich/ScreenShot2012-11-16at83925AM.png******
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I have confidence that Tallahassee will still manage to find a delicious twinkie when the gritty reboot is released in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Will some other baker buy the Twinkie name and recipe?
                  I've got to imagine that someone would pick those brands up.

It's amazing to think that someone could possibly go out of business while trying to sell sugary/fatty stuff in America.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Warning to the rest of this thread: beware of googling "twinkies."

/might have made that horrible mistake before
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I used to work with a lesbian who had moved here from the Spokane, Washington, area. I said that I was going to watch a "Twinks game" and she thought I was being very insensitive and couldn't believe what was coming out of my mouth. That took some explaining.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

No more Wonder Bread?? (It's all my wife eats for bread products)
                        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

*****http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/52419_o.gif******
                          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I just did that. First 8 pages all had stuff about the snack cake.

Comment

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X