Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elections 2012.2 - Congressional and Gubernatorial

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    You're using Rachael Maddow as an unbiased source for information, right?

Is what was quoted factually untrue?

The source doesn't matter if the source is true.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      so nothing gets done. congratulations.
      sorry but I don't for a minute buy Brown's "bipartisan" schtick. This is born out of an election year calculation and that's all. Having him vote with the Dems on a no-brainer like the START treaty doesn't make him some sort of sage in the Senate. Its just further proof that you can't have Itch McConnell running things. What Brown should have done is form a moderate block made up of himself, Kirk, Snowe, Collins, Ayotte maybe, and say Murkowski. Add Manchin and Liebermann for the Dems and then demand a middle road. Anytime the righties actually needed him he was on their side. If it makes you feel better, I'm sure he'll be the frontrunner in the next governor's race in 2014.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Exactly. He signed the pledge then he didn't sign the pledge. Signing the pledge makes him a fiscal nutjob (not a fiscal conservative) AND saying he didn't sign it makes him a Romney. Both of which make him exactly the opposite of what Bob says he is.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          sorry but I don't for a minute buy Brown's "bipartisan" schtick..
          nyt- last month (that bastion of knuckledragers )

"While he has often voted with his party’s majority, he voted in favor of the Democratic financial reform bill and against the 2012 budget passed by House Republicans. He also declined to join his colleagues in seeking to eliminate federal financing for Planned Parenthood. In addition, he voted against a contentious bill that would reshape Medicare. He was one of four in his party to vote against it, reflecting the cautious line he walks as a Republican in a Democratic state."

"Mr. Brown was the first Republican senator to call on Representative Todd Akin, a Missouri Republican, to give up his Senate race because of his controversial statements about rape. He called for a more inclusive party platform to reflect support for abortion rights. He often cites a Congressional Quarterly analysis that found he voted with his party only 54 percent of the time, making him the second-most bipartisan member of the Senate.
          But while Mr. Brown goes out of his way to remind voters that he twice voted against Mr. Ryan’s budget proposals, Ms. Warren is determined to tie her opponent to the Republican ticket. She refers constantly to the stringent “Ryan-Brown-Romney” budget plan.
          Indeed, the Ryan selection underscored a big difference in how the Brown and Warren campaigns are approaching the election: Mr. Brown’s focus is local while Ms. Warren’s is national."
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Stay classy 'Nucks...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/14300981400845562167.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Sounds like the source isn't even sure what's true, but just flails around, trying to kick up dust. Not to mention that hand-wringing over whether Flake singed a pledge or not is hardly one of the critical considerations in voting for him or not, though I can understand the partisan politics MSNBC practices causes them to look for anything possible to smear someone like Flake.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Sounds like the source isn't even sure what's true, but just flails around, trying to kick up dust. Not to mention that hand-wringing over whether Flake singed a pledge or not is hardly one of the critical considerations in voting for him or not, though I can understand the partisan politics MSNBC practices causes them to look for anything possible to smear someone like Flake.
                Not one of the critical considerations? Do you have any idea what that pledge has done to this country? Any clue at all?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Exactly. He signed the pledge then he didn't sign the pledge. Signing the pledge makes him a fiscal nutjob (not a fiscal conservative) AND saying he didn't sign it makes him a Romney. Both of which make him exactly the opposite of what Bob says he is.
                  Are you going to keep spouting Dem talking points tomorrow when the election is over? Or do we get at least a short break before you start pumping Biden or Hillary for 2016?
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Not one of the critical considerations? Do you have any idea what that pledge has done to this country? Any clue at all?
                    Pledges don't do things to countries, people do.

Stepped right into that one.
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Pledges don't do things to countries, people do.

Stepped right into that one.
                      Not really. But I agree, people are behind that pledge and they wield a lot of power without any accountability for it.

Comment

Not really. But I agree, people are behind that pledge and they wield a lot of power without any accountability for it.
                        Didn't realize you are so paranoid about pledges.
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Didn't realize you are so paranoid about pledges.
                          If the pledge were to support gay marriage, you'd be railing about it.

Can't we all just admit and own up to the fact that we're partisan hacks? At least it's honest. We don't really need any more FreshFish in here, do we?
                          Last edited by DisplacedCornellian; 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                            Says the man who flipped when someone joked about him having a crush on a public figure.

If the pledge were to support gay marriage, you'd be railing about it.

Can't we all just admit and own up to the fact that we're partisan hacks? At least it's honest. We don't really need any more FreshFish in here, do we?
                            Respecting my wife is not flipping, but I wouldn't expect a lot of folks, apparently including you, to understand. I'll give you credit, you edited out that first comment.

I'm not a fan of pledges, regardless of their political stripe. For Scooby to pretend that Flake is a horrible candidate because he may have signed a pledge is just silly.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Respecting my wife is not flipping, but I wouldn't expect a lot of folks, apparently including you, to understand.

I'm not a fan of pledges, regardless of their political stripe. For Scooby to pretend that Flake is a horrible candidate because he may have signed a pledge is just silly.
                              Uh, no. He's a horrible candidate because he pretends to be fiscally conservative which he's not. And why isn't he? Because he signed the pledge. Anyone that signs that pledge doesn't have a fiscal conservative bone in their body.

I haven't stuttered. I've been clear. Yet you continue to miss the point. Why?

Comment

Uh, no. He's a horrible candidate because he pretends to be fiscally conservative which he's not. And why isn't he? Because he signed the pledge. Anyone that signs that pledge doesn't have a fiscal conservative bone in their body.

I haven't stuttered. I've been clear. Yet you continue to miss the point. Why?
                                I never missed your point. I just thought it made little sense and showed little knowledge of the candidate in question. Tried to give you a way out, but you doubled down instead.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X