This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

That's fine. We've got 5 with KC later this week.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

What a dog**** display of baserunning that was. That looked like something we saw a decade ago.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I am NOT a fan of Pena defensively, especially after seeing the last two games.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Apparently we've flushed our fundamentals straight down the ****ter tonight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

There. Scherzer's off the hook.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Let's see... rip off 12 straight (including a few close games) and then drop 4 of 5. A win is needed, even if Leyland rolls out the B squad.

Miggy's hurt, Infante is 69%, Avila's gone until ? and the Peralta thing didn't appear to stunt the team too much until this little blip...

just the same, losing to the Sox is almost on par to losing to Miami or Houston. Yeesh.

One constant that is bothering me (besides the bullpen)... extra inning games. 5-11 this season.

So, we can hope to avoid two things in the playoffs: the Angels and extra innings.

At least we have 15 of the next 18 at home after today.

Comment

And Miggy hit a 3-run bomb today.

6-4 in the 8th. Benoit coming in to try to get a 5-out save.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• *****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

6-4 final.

This one was straight out of the Todd Jones Save Manual.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I know #6 is coming up, but can you do an interim title of The Miggy and Iggy Show?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      *****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

6-4 final.

This one was straight out of the Todd Jones Save Manual.
                      We'll take it.

As it stands, a 6 game lead on the Tribe and 7.5 ahead of KC going into the five game series with the Royals. 70-49, 2nd best record in the AL (Boston is 72-50) which may turn out to be important.

43 games left... at this point (and w/o) looking at the schedule... is it safe to say that the Tigers *should* win 92+ games? Basically playing .500 the rest of the way will do that.

I am concerned about two things: Miggy getting healthy and our bullpen entering the playoffs. Our rotation should keep us in most games, but I doubt that our bullpen can match any opponent we may see in the playoffs. (I don't think this is a huge leap that they will be there... right?)

The offense is what it is, but it would be nice to get our left handed bats going.

Comment

I have read that Miggy can't do any more damage by playing, and that he'll heal on his own. Besides, 5 bombs in 6 games to get to 38 now.

I'll take my chances with a late lead with Rondon-Smyly-Veras-Benoit. Benoit has a 0.52 ERA since stepping into the closer role. Coke and Al-Al are a different matter entirely.

Avila must get healthy. Pena looks like a poor defensive catcher, and there is a stark contrast between the winning percentages when Avila and Pena are behind the plate.

LF is quickly becoming a problem as well. Tuiasosopo has really cooled off and Dirks looks completely lost. Nick Castellanos may only be a few days away, although he's only hitting about .270 in Toledo.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Are we bringing anyone up for the doubleheader? Or using Smyly as a spot-starter? Or are we just going to have a couple guys go on four days rest?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I think you're allowed to bring up a pitcher in a case like this. I'd put my money on Jose Alvarez.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It will be Alvarez tomorrow night.

God, that was fun...

Comment

After 30 pitches, Sanchez is finally out of the 1st inning.

Royals 1 : 0 Tigers
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X