This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

We didn't deserve to win this game, anyway. We left waaay too many guys on base earlier this afternoon.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well maybe, but I have not been this p oed after a game in a long time. I thought the umps squeezed verlander all game long and it led directly to a rod's hr. He did not get a call he should have, came in a little closer with the next pitch, which got hit out.

Also we did not get a single call on check swings, many of which were not strikes but were called strikes by the umpires. This affected counts all game long and let Petite stay in the game way longer than he should have. It was blatant if you ask me. Verlander got so mad he finally said something from the mound in the 7th that could be heard on the radio. And remember that call at second in the 7th or 8th, where Iglasias was called out who was clearly safe, and ended up with no runs instead of most likely at least one.

so yes we made a few mistakes, but we outplayed them, out hit, them and deserved to win based on better play. I realize you get some on your side and sometimes they get you, but I didn't think the game was umpired fairly.

I also think someone said something to jackson and so he stayed at second when he shouldn't have.

No excuses for Veras, he looked like coke, allowing so many long balls even before the HR.

Whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That's okay. This week we have three with CWS, and a 5-game series with KC, one of which is a day-night DH. It's possible that we could really open this thing up with a 6-2 or better week.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          That's okay. This week we have three with CWS, and a 5-game series with KC, one of which is a day-night DH. It's possible that we could really open this thing up with a 6-2 or better week.
          oh totally, we are not in a tight race, but the game should not be umpired differently one way or the other and I hate losing just as much.
          But yeah, in the great scheme of things most likely doesn't matter.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            oh totally, we are not in a tight race, but the game should not be umpired differently one way or the other and I hate losing just as much.
            But yeah, in the great scheme of things most likely doesn't matter.
            Right, it should be called right down the middle, the same for both teams. They really should be using more replay tech there to grade the umps out on how they call pitches, make **** sure umps are calling true balls and strikes 99 percent of the time and those that ain't doing that are down in single A. Hell, I think Baseball should go out and refit all of the minor league parks to have the cameras to replay the pitches to they can judge balls and strikes with replay just like how they do in MLB.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but....

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******

MIGGY!!!

1-0, mid 1.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Fister's leaving his pitches too far up in the zone.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*shakes head*

Hell of a time to start playing Plinko in the infield, boys.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    *shakes head*

Hell of a time to start playing Plinko in the infield, boys.
                    I always hated that game.

Maybe Garcia can go yard here and we can all curse Peralta's name.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I was waiting for Dunn to do exactly that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        we can all curse Peralta's name.
                        Yeah....about that. I don't think we'll be doing that anytime soon if Iggy keeps doing that.

Iggy gonna Iggy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It just hit me. Chris Sale reminds me of a left-handed Jeff Weaver....before Weaver's brain ran down his leg.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, I guess we're not winning this one, either, unless Miggy pulls another one out of his 'cheeks.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And Miggy pops out in the 8th. I think we can say goodnight.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Indians lose, for what it is worth. KC will probably be behind you at the end of the night. Weird.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X