X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Media outlets are not confirming that this is done yet. Sanchez isn't worth that much and the Cubs certainly aren't going to become an instant competitor... but for 75MM, I could live with losing.
    As a matter of fact... here's another "report":
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012121...text|FRONTPAGE

Comment

ESPN running it as well

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/87...0-million-deal

Comment

Daniel Schlereth now with some team from Korea?
        I understand they might make a mega deal with Porcello, but I think they ought to keep him, you can never have too much pitching and Porcello is still young.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I understand they might make a mega deal with Porcello, but I think they ought to keep him, you can never have too much pitching and Porcello is still young.
          If they make a "mega-deal" with Porcello and whoever else, wouldn't they be looking for a pitcher anyway? a closer? I've also heard talk of trying to get another outfielder and giving up Boesch along with Porcello?
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Daniel Schlereth now with some team from Korea?
            I'm starting to lean that way, too, although I don't know what we would do with him if Smyly wins the #5 job. We're going to need at least 7 starters next season. Remember, both Fister and Smyly spent time on the DL last year. If we trade Porcello, who do we go get when we need a starter? Is is the Casey Crosby show, and do we want to see that?

If we're going to deal Porcello, we better come back home with a big piece to a championship team.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Lynn Henning's sad endorsement of steroids:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

What pathetic, enabling excuses he makes for his ballot choices and those that he left off.

Comment

I think we might have a problem.

According to MLB Network's crawl, Jhonny Peralta's name appears on the same list that A-Rod is on regarding the clinic in Miami.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  I think we might have a problem.

According to MLB Network's crawl, Jhonny Peralta's name appears on the same list that A-Rod is on regarding the clinic in Miami.
                  Nah, when A-Rod does it, he's a travesty to the game and a traitor. When our guy does it, it's a made up list and a witch hunt.
                  This space for sale.

Comment

35 of the 36 spring training games will be on the radio.

I need all the help I can get during tax season.

God, that was fun...

Comment

From the No ****, Sherlock department...

I've only been saying this for about 2.5 years. Now Legendary Lloyd finally discovers this.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tigers are going to play 20 inter league games and will finish the season at miami for I think 3 games. ugh!

Comment

Well, I think it's safe to say that Octavio Dotel is not a big fan of Miggy...

God, that was fun...

Comment

WOOT!!
                            I've got my spring training tickets.
                            vs, Miami in jupiter, vs Braves in lakeland and vs Phillies in lakeland. The Phillies tickets were more money than the Braves, even though sitting in exact same section. Also might go to the split squad game vs the Astro's, but would have to give up golf to do so. Jury's out on that one.

Comment

Tigers play their first game today, against an improved Braves teams.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Well, I think it's safe to say that Octavio Dotel is not a big fan of Miggy...
                                I like the way Miggy handled it. Besides, it wasn't like Dotel is threatening Miggy's impact to the team. He just said he didn't think that our "leaders" on the team- the guys with the most talent- are leading. May be some truth to that. But, if I was Dotel, I would make sure that my actions on the field justified his popping off publically about it. I mean, without Fielder, Miggy and Verlander this team would be happy just to compete for the division let alone anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X