X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Reminds me of Cliff Lee a couple years ago. If he gets $15/year, what is Verlander going to get after 2014?
    Pinstripes.
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

No. They're doing everything they can to get under the lux cap threshold for 2014. They've actually put themselves on a budget.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Reminds me of Cliff Lee a couple years ago. If he gets $15/year, what is Verlander going to get after 2014?
        His own Congressman?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Texas$$
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The one to worry about with Verlander is going to be the Dodgers.

God, that was fun...

Comment

looks like A cabrera is leaving cleveland in a three way deal with the diamondbacks and the phillys. Also involved , cliff lee and bj upton. Big question is who does cleveland get and how does this effect the tigers.
              Also BTW Olympia entertainment is going to try and do a new rink for the Wings as part of a multi use development downtown Detroit. The rink itself would be 650 million dollars and state of the art. I'll believe it when I see it but it appears at least some progress being made.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tom Brookens is the new 3rd base coach. Raffy Belliard will coach 1st, and Lamont will be the bench coach. Legendary Lloyd is still the hitting coach.

God, that was fun...

Comment

So... I might have missed it, but that doesn't look like they got rid of any coaches; they just shuffled them around.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Nope. No new coaches. You can guess what I think of that.

Andy Oliver traded to the Pirates for a AA catcher. Oliver didn't throw enough strikes to show that he was major league caliber, but I would have thought we could have picked up something more than a minor league catcher, assuming that I'm not missing anything here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Dan Haren signs a one year deal for 14 million dollars and his ERA was over 4. I wonder what that means for Sanchez. Also the Red Sox signed shane victorino for an ungodly amount, so expect them to do the same on their offers for sanchez.

Comment

Never mind Haren. Look what Greinke got.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Never mind Haren. Look what Greinke got.
                          Yeah, but look who signed him. Unbelievable-considering that he was "Greinke-like" maybe 1 out of every 4 of his starts in Milwaukee, and certainly wasn't special with the Angels (unless it was against us.) So, we lose out on a guy like Sanchez... but you know guys like Verlander are just going to pull up with the Brinks truck and smile.

Comment

Brayan Pena gets a one-year deal to be the back-up catcher.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Sanchez signs with the cubs, 5 years 75 million. yes indeed folks 75 million simoleans for a slightly above average pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Sanchez signs with the cubs, 5 years 75 million. yes indeed folks 75 million simoleans for a slightly above average pitcher.
                                Media outlets are not confirming that this is done yet. Sanchez isn't worth that much and the Cubs certainly aren't going to become an instant competitor... but for 75MM, I could live with losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X