This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

I don't think people realize just how small our window is.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I don't think people realize just how small our window is.
      Cabrera, Fielder, Jackson and the pitching staff should be pretty good for a while. Everybody else couldn't be that much worse, really.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        Cabrera, Fielder, Jackson and the pitching staff should be pretty good for a while. Everybody else couldn't be that much worse, really.
        Owner doesn't have much longer before he becomes worm food. Need a ring now.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

You're making the very dangerous assumption that they're going to be here long-term. Keep in mind the health our our owner, and the (non) actions of his wife. She's been to exactly two press conferences since 1992. When he goes...

A new owner is not going to be enthralled about owing Verlander, Cabrera and Fielder ~$300 million over the remainder of those contracts, although Verlander's is getting shorter than we think, too.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Owner doesn't have much longer before he becomes worm food. Need a ring now.
            Yeah I get that, and I really appreciate what Ilitch has done for the Tigers, but at the end of the day, I'm more interested in how many more Tigers wins I see.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Immediate needs: SS, corner outfielder for a contingency plan if Garcia is not the answer next April. Closer, another bullpen arm, another starter. Relying on Smyly to take over for Sanchez/Porcello, without another MLB-ready arm, is dangerous at best.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah I get that, and I really appreciate what Ilitch has done for the Tigers, but at the end of the day, I'm more interested in how many more Tigers I see.
                Five words: Mike Illitch's death = fire sale.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Fair enough. We'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Immediate needs: SS, corner outfielder for a contingency plan if Garcia is not the answer next April. Closer, another bullpen arm, another starter. Relying on Smyly to take over for Sanchez/Porcello, without another MLB-ready arm, is dangerous at best.
                    You forgot: a new third base coach.

Just had to end the season with sarcasm. What a fn tease, these Tigers. Two WS appearances in 6 years and they win one friggin game. I guess it isn't as bad as Bills fan had to endure during the Kelly era, but man. So close and yet miles away from being the best. This was the capper on a phucktastic weekend.

Who knows when they'll be back. Just too darn hard to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      You forgot: a new third base coach.

Just had to end the season with sarcasm. What a fn tease, these Tigers. Two WS appearances in 6 years and they win one friggin game. I guess it isn't as bad as Bills fan had to endure during the Kelly era, but man. So close and yet miles away from being the best. This was the capper on a phucktastic weekend.

Who knows when they'll be back. Just too darn hard to get there.
                      Yeah, this was a dong punch, to steal a phrase from Mgoblog.

I would show the whole coaching staff the door. Two names, one of which is reasonable: Jim Tracy, and Lou Piniella. Hey, it's worth a phone call.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not so fast. I think they'll choose who they want to keep: Tigers or Wings depending on which is positioned better. Either way, we're hosed.

Comment

Marian has made it clear that she loves the Wings. The only one in the whole family who was even the least bit concerned about the Tigers was the old man. Once he passes, I think DD will be on the next plane out of Detroit as well.

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right. I'm good and thoroughly ****ed off for the night. Oh, and it's Monday tomorrow. Probably should go to bed.

To be continued...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Marian has made it clear that she loves the Wings. The only one in the whole family who was even the least bit concerned about the Tigers was the old man. Once he passes, I think DD will be on the next plane out of Detroit as well.
                              It takes a good owner to win. We'll be back in the dark ages if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                It takes a good owner to win. We'll be back in the dark ages if this is true.
                                We're running out of Pizza owners! Who has next, Jet's or Hungry Howie's?
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X